Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help

Word Perfect Jump Codes - MacroDiva

Posted: Aug 26th, 2016 - 3:21 pm In Reply to: WordPerfect Jump Codes? - Stumped!

Oh, what wonderful software Word Perfect was, and WP51 for DOS the epitome! How I miss it! The WP51 macro command language was so simple and so powerful, you could do just about anything you would need to do!

Certainly what you want to do is possible, but I do not remember much about WP off the top of my head, so I cannot tell you how to do it.

However, if can find a copy of WP to refresh my memory, I will write the macro and post the code for you.

If I understand you correctly, you want to press a hot key and have WP move down a line and then type the next number, probably a period and a Tab? Then type your next sentence, use the hot key, move down a line and then insert another number, etc.

One thing though, you cannot record a macro that will insert the next number in sequence, you will have to write the macro in the macro editor using a variable that increases by one each time you use it, and then clear the variable when you are done.

What version of WPerfect are you using? It was WP6.0 (I think) or higher, they changed the macro language to Perfect Script which is a lot like visual basic which Word uses. So I would need to know whether you are using windows or DOS WPerfect, and what version.

If you know of a website that has the program available, I would like to know. I read somewhere that the older versions of WPerfect are now freeware.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)