Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

What I don't get about this though - MT

Posted: Jul 19th, 2016 - 9:51 pm In Reply to: I have a question for those failing audits - Play along

...and I do pass most of my audits. I think I pass 90%. But I am definitely not perfect and I occasionally fail them.

Anyway, pass most audits, tier 3, about 20 years experience, probably higher end of pay scale, currently not on PM (knock on wood).

What I don't get... Who is doing the horrid reports that show up when I do a search by patient or dictator in previous report look-up? If all of us are doing such a great job and failing our audits because of higher pay/whatever/not our fault, then WHO is doing all that crappy work? The newbies? It seems unfair to assume that.

But if that's the case, do they not get audited as often as we do? Are newbies held to lower standards? Because the work in the previous report repository is depressing, there are so many mistakes. Based on the quality of work in there, there is just no way we can ALL be doing a great job and failing audits unfairly UNLESS it really is the new hires with little experience. Anyone know?

Do all of you feel like you are failing audits unfairly?

9 times out of 10 when I fail an audit, I really did screw up. Sometimes it's ridiculous, like omitting a DOS which counts as a critical error, which is not going to kill anyone, ever, and is probably just a hassle for Medical Records. Which ticks me off. A critical error should be a messed up medication or dosage, incorrect diagnosis or lab value, important stuff that matters.

Anyway, I read these posts and I wonder if we are all failing unfairly, or if we are actually making a bunch of mistakes, or if it's newbies, or if we are forced to go too fast because of the low line rate and it's just that the 99.6% rate is too high for a group of MTs forced now to go that fast to try to make more than minimum wage.

Isn't it more complicated than just thinking someone is targeting the employees who earn ever-so-slightly more?

Am I seeing this wrong?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)