Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

My failing audits story - sm

Posted: Jul 19th, 2016 - 10:53 am In Reply to: I have a question for those failing audits - Play along

56 years old, at-home MT for 20 years with company take-overs from Medical Records Corp, to MedQuist, to MModal. Tier 3. I recently SEVERELY failed an audit of 97 or 96% something like that, BUT and I mean BUT, it was the most horrendous dictation/SR throwup I had ever encountered. Instead of throwing it back into the cesspool like I know a lot of MTS would have (believe me I know I have been getting a lot of throw backs lately), I decided I was going to tackle this job the best I could. I spent over 2 hours on this job had to leave about 20 blanks and was just plain exhausted after doing the best I could. I sent it on to QA because I just wanted a second pair of ears AND someone else to take a look and fix what needed fixing as it was just so horrible. Instead of getting a pat on the back and a note stating, wow! good for you for dealing with this report and trying your best to make the customer happy, this is the job they decided to audit and literally rip me apart on. Even though they could not get any of the blanks I left except for maybe 2, I did make a lot of little minor errors and I am sorry to say 2 critical errors in it because the sound was soo bad and I could not understand sections. BUT, they did not put me on 100% QA and my QA person was very very nice about it. All I could do was send back a note stating, pretty much ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I spent over 2 hours on this garbage and went out of my way to try my best AND sent it on to QA for an extra set of eyes and ears, and this is what happens. Its not like I sent it on without QA taking a shot at it. The harder the job the less we make, etc. I also wrote that there should be a mechanism for us MTs to mark these reports so that QA knows we were struggling and that a whole second listen/review should be done before being sent on to the client AND we should not be punished for asking for help and letting them know we struggled on a job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)