Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Inactive time - MT

Posted: Jul 13th, 2016 - 9:56 pm In Reply to: Inactivity question - MarCa

Mine tends to be higher, usually around 20-30 minutes for an 8-hour shift. I have read posts by people here who say they can keep it below 5 minutes and I don't actually know how that is possible. I think what trips me up, besides when I am in the middle of a report and a doctor's office calls or I get interrupted by my kids, the dogs, whatever, is researching. Whenever I am out of the report googling, or looking at past reports, I am inactive. What helps me keep it on the lower side is using the arrow keys whenever I am in the report and not listening to the audio or using the keyboard, like when I am proofreading. You can also tap the foot pedal every few seconds. Some people place a heavy object on the foot pedal to keep the audio playing when they need a bathroom break or something else interrupts them and they absolutely can't wait until they are between reports.

Now, of course, they are monitoring the time we spend between reports, too, which is a whole different issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)