Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

And good luck to you as well - BMMT

Posted: Jun 27th, 2016 - 10:16 am In Reply to: I am that MTSO - noname

I think like most things with social media, statements are picked apart, misinterpreted, or added to. The point for current Nuance employees is that Nuance makes promises they don't keep, and it doesn't stop at just the MT, and that it is another indicator that Nuance is sending work out to other companies while their MTs are signing in OOW and being told to jump through hoops to suddenly make the work appear. As I'm the original poster, I KNOW what my point was, and that's it. If someone chooses to pick another part of it, then please ignore them.

The company that was bought out I originally worked with when they came onto Nuance was a well-organized company. We did very well, but I think the idea of dangling cash was all they could see. And now a lot of that original management is gone. The company before that? Small fish in a big pond, and they had to close their doors, not because of mismanagement, but because of lack of work thanks to VR.

I don't envy any small MT business owner. You have MTs looking to you for income, and for the most part, I find that smaller companies care (gasp) about their employees. Then you have the big bad wolf that either takes your work or makes promises, and they don't keep them.

I don't have inside information on why businesses closed. It could be someone's life has changed, and they no longer want the stress. Lack of work, health issues, bad management - there's a ton of reasons. NONE of that was mentioned here nor should reasons just speculated because you don't know.

It was however mentioned, and I will restate, Nuance is bad for everyone except for the ones higher up who have pockets full of cash. Broken promises, unethical practices, tearing the MT industry down further. My post. My words. My point. And I wish the bashing and ugliness would stop. It's unnecessary. We are in this together.

Letting go of something you've worked with for so many years is not easy, so I wish you well too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)