Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

scribe vs resident/student - been there

Posted: May 29th, 2016 - 7:46 am In Reply to: Had to go to the ER the other day - sm

If it's a personal exam, I don't want a scribe in the room with me. There's no medical reason for a non-medical employee to be there. For a resident, I don't care. Even in my 20s when in the hospital, residents were everywhere. As a kid, I was in the hospital and medical offices a lot for a birth defect. Hated having tons of people "look and learn" on me, but later it dawned on me that if they never get to observe, they won't have as much education to use on their own patients. Also, if they never see something that embarrasses them when they're students, they'll be embarrassed when they examine their own patients later or they might not get through their residency on time. As mortifying as it is to be gawked at by students, it's better than the "real" doctor fumbling around because he/she is mortified by how personal they have to get with somebody. I've been embarrassed to the point of tears (not fun for the doc either), but it's got to be ok for students to learn or there won't be as many doctors later, certainly not as many GOOD ones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)