Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

KCS Psych Type - Fool Me Twice

Posted: May 18th, 2016 - 2:09 am In Reply to: I've tried to get in touch with them but can't. - Frustrated

Look on Indeed.com or Monster.com for KCS' latest ad & contact info. But WARNING-WARNING-DANGER WILL ROBINSON!! I worked for them for 3 weeks then walked away because of the low pay & bassackwards way of doing things. Sure, it's all straight typing & all psych, but you do so much daily record keeping of your work & going back & forth between programs to get the report to the facility that you don't get much typing done. Pay rate is 0.06 cpl. Templates, headers, footers are not paid. No benefits. No PTO. Holidays are off but w/o pay & you can't take off 3 days before or after a holiday so don't ask. No OT. No flexibility in your schedule. They call you an employee but legally you are a statutory employee as they don't take out federal/state taxes. You also pay for the items they require you to have (Bytescribe or Express Scribe software, fax & printer). Their preferred method of contact is by fax, not email or phone, so you'll go through reams of paper. I was making $6/hour after 3 weeks despite their claims that the "average full time employee" made $2200-$3000 per month; I don't believe that. Yes, I'm a bitter ex-employee because I wasted my time, effort, & money with what I thought would be a great job, but KCS needs to wake up & realize this is 2016, not 1986, & drastically update their procedures.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)