Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

This was an interesting comment... - From the comments section. sm

Posted: Mar 25th, 2016 - 12:41 pm In Reply to: Nuance has competition affecting stock prices and changes . . . if you're interested - anon

"I love this. I paid $1200 for a copy of Dragon Medical Edition three years ago, and since that time two new versions were released that were supposed to be much better. Unfortunately, although I am just one solo private practice physician, they wanted something like $650 just for the upgrade. And honestly, their software sucks! It does make chart work a *little* faster than typing, but not much, even after years of "teaching" it my specialized vocabulary. I was floored last year when I said to my android phone "ok google, look up laparoscopic transversus abdominis release procedure for large ventral herniorrhaphy" and not only did google get it perfect the first try, but it actually substituted "hernia repair" for "herniorrhaphy" even though they don't sound that much alike. I'm guessing it made the substitution because there were more hits for "hernia repair". There's no way Nuance's product would do that well on the first pass without training. And Nuance fails so hard on context! I must have trained the words "complication" and "consultation" hundreds of times, but its transcription is still essentially a random choice between the two. I've been using free Google-api-powered sites to do the brunt of my dictation for the last few months (without dictating patient names, of course) and I can't wait to get a look at this api. RIP Dragon. Long live google..."

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)