Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

The reason your loan has vanished is that they - are not allowed to send any bills

Posted: Mar 23rd, 2016 - 6:46 am In Reply to: Update on the bankruptcy process - all smiles

I found this out when I did not get my monthly demand for my student loan (only 2 years left, woohoo) payment as per normal and asked them why (student loans are non-dischargeable in bankruptcy of course). I did not reaffirm this loan, but I did reaffirm my house and car.

The student loan people told me the following:

"According to our review, you initiated Chapter 7 Bankruptcy proceedings. As a result, XXXX was required to suspend billing and collections activities on the account. Please note that the bankruptcy status will remain on the account until we receive further direction. You may continue to remit payment regardless of the accounts status."

Yes, I found those "counseling" courses ridiculous too. My attorney said someone in that business had obviously lobbied someone in congress or senate to get that automatic rip-off payment requirement when you go bankrupt.

What surprised me about bankruptcy is that I thought things would get much easier once all I had to pay was the mortgage and the car. I was dead wrong. Not so easy. Very hard. We are still just making it every month, and every month when FIESA catches me and docks my paycheck $100 I have more to swear about and more belt tightening to do because not only did Nuance literally halve my salary, they continue to jerk us around with this pay docking BS all the time and take even more.

Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)