Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

some info - BeenThereMT

Posted: Mar 9th, 2016 - 8:24 am In Reply to: Professional Liability Insurance - Wendy

First, I truly do not understand how you can be classified as an IC if you work IN the office. You are actually an employee.

Years ago, when the previous organization known as AAMT was peddling liability insurance, also referred to as 'errors and omissions' insurance, I asked a friend who is a lawyer if I needed this insurance. He thought the concept was laughable. For comparison's sake, he said that his private secretary was not responsible for anything that was generated from his office. He as the attorney signed all correspondence, the work was done under his instructions, he was responsible. Not the secretary or any other clerical person.

The same goes for anyone working under the control of a doctor. The doctor is responsible for his work, all of his work. You are responsible for carrying out his instructions, you do not do the actual examinations, you just put the information in a written format.

IMO, I would be looking for another job. This doctor just wants to place blame if necessary on someone besides himself, if need be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)