Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Search back in the archives to CA labor board - 2015 Nuance or similar

Posted: Mar 7th, 2016 - 9:06 pm In Reply to: I'm in California - I got an email stating something - like we would now be

Below link is one thread but there are others. It sounds like you have to make a claim to the Labor Board to get back pay.

Funny how Nuance HR did not divulge that, I guess they don't have to legally, maybe, but morally? What do we expect from them, really.

It sounds as though one poster filed a claim and was successful in getting a settlement:

"I filed my wage claim in April and have received my settlement. I encourage everyone to file. It's free and fairly simple. I am very surprised that they still haven't changed their policies though."

I know we got an update to our employee handbook in September 2015 and it did state specifically for California employees to do a different procedure for breaks based on their legal interpretation of the law in that state. Very surprising HR did not tell you that.

I will not copy it directly, but basically it states that you take your 15 minute rest period by clocking out of Webclock Production and then clock back in for 15 minutes using Rest Break and then vice versa when you finish your break.

So that is really something they should have told you if you took the time to call and not say it was "wrapped up" in your line rate. Honestly, this really seems to be really low, even for Nuance.

You should definitely check out that portion of the employee handbook, which you can access on Enrich under Resources (under the HR tab) if you don't have one downloaded.

LINK/URL: Search back in the archives to CA labor board

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)