Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Thanks for that, good to know someone is - getting a positive decision

Posted: Mar 7th, 2016 - 5:38 pm In Reply to: Nuance guilty of wage theft - time to get proactive

I was dismayed by the Amazon decision. As "pieceworkers" (supposedly) we are in a pretty awful place though. Getting paid on production means when you go to the bathroom or have a word with someone (things that typically in a normal job you would not have to clock out for) it benefits you to log out.

I used to do that when I got paid well, but now I find it torture to get through 8 hours and I figure since they pay so little no matter what you do, especially thanks to FIESA being able to take away so much money with such non-error errors, I do what makes me feel better, which is try to work straight through.

The thing is, it is not just going to the bathroom, etc., we don't get paid for, we are also expected to check email, respond to FIESA, check FIESA, go into Enrich, etc., all on our own time.

I would take 6 minutes a day. That stupid break thing they supposedly "fixed" a few months back I think only got some kind of gain for Californians, which I am grateful someone got something out of, but it again was some fluffed up piece of lawyerspeak to claim that once again every single thing we are expected to do is built into our line rate. Nonsense. If that were the case, why are so many of us making such low pay in such a skilled job?

It is out of our hands anymore, and even paying minimum wage seems to make them go through contortions in the states where the minimum wage is going up. Pretty shameful wage theft alright.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)