Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

QA markers - MT41

Posted: Feb 20th, 2016 - 12:36 pm

My latest story. . .  Last evening I had a 2500-second long report (!!!).  This long, difficult report was bad enough but, just my luck, the dictator started out referring to patient as female.  A bit later, however, he decided to start saying the patient was male.  So, gender discrepancy. I had to go back and mark each instance in the report that I had transcribed thus far (my bad, I didn't notice the discrepancy at first).  ADT had male; however, the name was such that it was not possible to tell the gender.  Soooooo, I ended up leaving 111 QA markers to replace all gender references.  Yes, 111 QA markers!  You can imagine how difficult it was to catch all the him, her, she, he, etc., mentioned.  Anyway, I'm waiting to be told that I in some way screwed this up.  We'll see.  I left a QA note for the client and also sent an email to my PC and manager, just to cover my butt.  I'm wondering if I should request extra pay for the ridiculous amount of time I spent reviewing this mess, all dictator error.  Yeah, like that's going to happen!  They'll probably fine-tooth comb the report and find enough minor errors to cause me to fail an audit.  Oh no!  I may have left in a "the patient" when only "patient" was dictated!  Bad MT!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)