Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Political correctness - anon

Posted: Feb 13th, 2016 - 2:24 pm In Reply to: Costco member (sm) - Sort of glad but

It’s called erasure and appropriation. I’ve gone back to school, and this is all the rage on many campuses. It’s basically political correctness on steroids (way too many steroids)! At the root of the idea is that conquering/colonizing countries take (i.e., appropriate) cultural things (i.e., food) from their colonized subjects. Thus, in a very abstract way this becomes a tool of imperialism. The problem is all cultures have always borrowed ideas, arts, foods, etc., from other cultures since the beginning of time. For example, Asian cultures have always borrowed from each other. The problem is today’s political correctness is incapable of nuanced thought, therefore it makes no distinction between imperialistic taking and cultural borrowing. It is all EVIL!!!!!

Here is a humorous article that talks about this.

http://freebeacon.com/blog/wow-much-problematic-very-smdh/

LINK/URL: Political correctness

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)