Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

To know for sure...SM - Old

Posted: Dec 30th, 2015 - 6:29 am In Reply to: tax question - mt3

just make a consultation appointment with a real accountant/CPA, not a tax preparer like at Block. As an IC, you should also be sending in quarterly estimated Federal taxes to the IRS, and he/she can set you up with coupons to do that. He/she will also know if you live in one of those double taxation states. It is also possible to submit quarterly taxes to your state(s), so you're not hit with a big bill to them when filing. I hope you also know that operating expenses as an IC are tax deductions, and he/she can fill you in on what all those are. Please DO make that appointment to educate yourself. It also sounds like you will have employee (W-2) and IC (1099) income for 2015, which makes your return a bit more complicated. So, if you have the CPA do your return for you this year, you might be able to file for yourself next year, now that you can see how it's done. I have used a CPA for the past 15 years, and he's worth every penny I pay him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)