Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Tax question - sm

Posted: Dec 29th, 2015 - 1:45 pm In Reply to: Tax question - mt3

I live in a state that has no state income tax. I have never had to file state taxes in another state. Most important, no taxes from my employer's state has ever been deducted from my paycheck. Look at your paycheck. Look at your paystubs. Is your employer withholding 2 separate state taxes (if you live in a different state than where the company is located?). Regarding the telecommuter article by another poster, what about Indian and other off-shore MTs? Do they have to file federal taxes or state taxes for where the company is located? What is the USA IRS going to do, go to India, Pakistan, Phillipines, etc where those countries have their own laws? I don't think so. Look at your pay stub and let us know. Call the IRS again. Call your state taxation office and see what they say. I think that IRS employee made a mistake. Was there a law passed that we don't know of? If so, we all just screwed more than we already are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)