Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Been that way forever" Umm..No, it has NOT. - MT

Posted: Dec 26th, 2015 - 12:47 am In Reply to: That's why they call it coverage. You have to - MT

I've been in the business for 30 years, the first 15 years in-house. We NEVER had a full staff on holidays. And please don't sell me the the thinking that it is a 24 hour business so that's why every MT has to be on. Doctors, nurses, support staff, etc. don't do a full staff either. It's always lighter. AND when they are scheduled, they rotate holidays. I know first hand.

What should be done: Ask for volunteers (I did today because I wasn't entertaining) and then, if you have gaps, reach out. You don't randomly make everybody work so that you have:

(a) people hoping that they have no work so they can spend time with family. Then they get slammed with a bunch of new dictators they are unfamiliar with and miss out on priorities just to clear $50.
(b) people who really need to work, maybe a single parent who is counting on every penny, and then they run out. Devastating when every paycheck counts to the cent.

"Been that way forever"? It actually was NEVER that way until national offshoring companies said they wanted a piece of the pie. All it takes to actually work well is to schedule appropriately and efficiently. The lazy way is "everybody works and I don't care..." See how the philosophy you are pushing is working? For you to be a proponent of this system means you don't know better. Who sold you that koolaid?

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)