Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Christian thought regarding smoking and drinking, etc. - Christian

Posted: Dec 11th, 2015 - 3:58 pm In Reply to: Why not try it - It will not hurt you

1 Corinthians, 10:23:

"All things are lawful but not all things are profitable"

While some denominations frown upon smoking, drinking, dancing, playing cards, even singing to the accompaniment of an organ, that is certainly not true for all denominations.

While all true Christians believe in the virtue of temperance, and of course obeying the great moral laws (think 10 commandments) having an occasional drink is a sin although habitual drunkeness certainly is. Smoking of course, it seems, is injurious to your health and therefore could be considered sinful but I am not sure that a person who smokes occasionally is really committing a sin, I think that is a matter of conscience.

All that is asked, it appears to me, is that since you are considering joining a Christian organization formed for the benefit of aiding Christians, that you make some demonstration of your belief in, and committment to, your Christian faith. If you are not willing to do that by attending church regularly, then the honest decision here, which appears to be the one you have made, is to not join this organization.

But personally, I think you should go to church as asked, and join the group.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)