Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

RE: Ad on job board for editing at 3.5 cpl - Tired

Posted: Dec 10th, 2015 - 2:18 am

I had the nerve to send those people a piece of e-mail. Here it is:

"I am a medical transcriptionist and I will not work for such low wages of 3.5 cents a line for editing or 7.0 cents for typing. You should be ashamed of yourselves for offering such abominable wages. As we all know, everything goes to editing eventually. At 3.5 cents a line, even at 2500 lines per day (if you have that much work per day for everybody, which I doubt), that is $87.50 per day, or $10.94 an hour for an 8-hour day. Do you really think anyone can live on that?

We are skilled workers, not hamburger flippers. I request that you remove your ad from MT Stars. It is an insult to every transcriptionist on that board. The local Taco Time in my area pays $12.00 an hour to start!"

I don't know if I will get a reply. Something has got to be done, and this was my two-cents worth. So there! I have had it with this low pay!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)