Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I agree 100% on that from personal experience - sm

Posted: Oct 28th, 2015 - 12:33 pm In Reply to: For the time, money, and effort you would spend on that - you would do better to ...

If you are going to put in hours every day/week working, you might as well be paid well for your time. Medical coding jobs pay well if you get really good training and the credentials the employers are looking for. I found that if you have both CPC and CCS you get a lot of respect from employers even if you don't have any experience. I agree with the poster above that the pay offered was around what you quoted as in the $22 to 24/hr range. I think that's typical for a new coder with both credentials. I've seen people with a CCA who can't get a job at all and some with a CPC who also can't pass employment tests because all they studied was multiple choice, which was good enough to get the CPC but not good enough to pass employment exams. If you can though, there are good CPC jobs and really, really good CCS jobs even for those with no experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)