Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It always amazes me when MTs with experience only in clinic work - SM

Posted: Sep 3rd, 2015 - 1:26 pm In Reply to: Question on acute transcription - Partsman41953

and even more specific, one speciality clinic, wonder why aren't they qualified to do acute care work. It's like saying because I know how to change the oil in my car, I should get a job as a mechanic. While there is a lot of cardiology in acute care transcription, there is also a lot of pulmonary, GI, GU, OB/GYN, surgery, orthopedics, neurology, psychiatry... On an average day, I will do a few HPs, a ton of OP notes (mostly general surgery stuff like cholecystectomies, hernias, and tons of ortho). I will maybe do five cardiac caths or echocardiograms a week. And even if you have cardiology clinic experience, are you well versed in the virtual cornucopia of catheters and stents used in a cath? There is a BIG difference between a clinic note that maybe includes the latest EKG findings and echocardiogram findings versus typing a cardiac catheterization report or a bypass OP note.

I have been an acute care MT my entire career, 25 years. I consider myself to be a seasoned MT, but I still learn new stuff every single day. Imagine if I had only been in OB/GYN for 25 years and decided to try to work in acute care. You asked if there is a difference in acute versus cardiology MT. There is a HUGE difference of about, I don't know, say 1000+ terms and phrases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)