Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Sten-Tel and their antics - nn

Posted: Aug 21st, 2015 - 11:21 am In Reply to: STEN-TEL ad on other board for MT - sm

I worked for them for a VERY short time on the new account they have been advertising for. There were pros and cons in the fact that they gradually "spoon fed" work types to the MTs. The account was for a hospital in the Midwest and the amount of ESLs on this account was horrendous, which is something they should have compensated for. The account specs were changed at least 3 times in the month and a half I was there and daily emails sent out if there were any other changes, which quickly filled up my mailbox and added to the confusion. I had several reports where I typed "a grade 2/6 systolic murmur" only to have it changed to "a grade II/VI systolic murmur." After SEVERAL emails to the "higher ups in QA" and being told not to worry about the small stuff, it was discovered that the QA person was indeed the one making the error. In the physical exam section, I would have "SYSTEM" added to neurological and lymphatic when it was clearly NOT dictated (this was to be a verbatim account, but apparently with some leeway). Another thing was in consultation reports and in the heading section, even if the doctor did not state the type of consultation, very often, QA would add it to the heading. For almost 3 weeks, it was very back and forth. One QA person would do it one way and another QA person would do it another. VERY "N and MM" styles as far as QA was concerned. Dinged for putting in a comma or leaving one out, dinged for leaving "a or the" out, VERY minor stuff that truly did not affect patient care. This was a company that eventually in my gut, I knew it was not working out. I dreaded getting up and working for them and because of the way the workflow was handled, there were times when there was very little to no work on the system.

The other thing too is their ancient way of paying their employees via snail mail and paper check and once a month on the 15th of the month to boot. That might be fine for those people who have another source of income, but it is not fine, when you are the sole support and relying on that income to pay rent and other bills. My roommate was having a fit when I told him that he would not get his rent check until the 15th or so.

They are also extremely condescending and snippy with their answers. I am by no means a newbie (I have over 30 years of experience). Thank heavens, I was able to find work with a smaller company doing straight typing and I get emails from this MTSO stating what a great job I am doing, instead of seeing my work literally "slashed to death" with corrections.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)