A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

what BPMH standards for under medication section on LHSC in Canada? - Needinghelp

Posted: Jan 13, 2014

Anyone know what BPMH standards for under medication section on LHSC in Canada? S/L  "Please see the BPMH" under the medication section.

..... - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Found this..... - via Google

[ In Reply To ..]
A Best Possible Medication History (BPMH) is a history created using 1) a systematic process of interviewing the patient/family; and 2) a review of at least one other reliable source of information to obtain and verify all of a patient's medication use (prescribed and non-prescribed). Complete documentation includes drug name, dosage, route and frequency. The BPMH is more comprehensive than a routine primary medication history which is often a quick preliminary medication history which may not include multiple sources of information.

Website http://www.ismp-canada.org/medrec/

Similar Messages:

Sl/canada
Oct 15, 2009

Patient also had presence pseudomonas as well as sl/canada growing from left plural fluid after replacement of a chest tube. It really sounds like our northern neighbors but I know it just can not be right. It does not look right anyway. ...

Anyone Here Work For MedQuist Canada? Nm
Jul 25, 2011

nm ...

Terra Nova Transcription Of Canada
Aug 17, 2012

Has anyone worked for, or heard of, Terra Nova Transcription in Canada and if so, can you tell me something about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Employed By Terra Nova Transcription Out Of Canada?
Mar 07, 2013

Is anybody else on MT Stars employed by Terra Nova transcription out of Canada?  I have worked for  them for a little over a year and am wondering what others are thinking about the drastic changes taking place.  Maybe it is just my account, I don;t know, but am interested in what others may be seeing and thinking.  It just comes out of the blue with no discussion or information at all. ...

I Got Moved To Fluency Canada And Can't Figure Out How To Cap After Period
May 21, 2013

Can anyone tell me? There fluency help doesn't work.  Ugh.  ...

Current Information On Terra Nova Out Of Canada
Jun 26, 2015

Wondering if anyone has more current information on Terra Nova out of Canada. I have been approached and asked to test. Looking to make a new but trying to be careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire.  Details are appreciated. TIA!! ...

Gyn - CS Section
Oct 12, 2010

s/l Lexus O retractor ??? ...

ASR And Standards
Dec 08, 2009

I know the rule has always been if the report type has a standard with more than 6 headings that we can hit F11 and type the job.  Now I sorta remember reading that was changing.  Does anyone know if it has and what the new rule is? ...

VR Standards
Dec 23, 2009

This is just my observation.  I am presently working on VR and have been for about 1-1/2 months.  On my straight typing accounts, we followed the Book of Style and typed verbatim.  VR is a whole different world.  Where as we had to spell out abbreviations in the impression, plan, preoperative diagnoses, etc., with straight typing, on VR we are told to not expand abbreviations.  We are also told that unless the statement makes no sense whatsoever to send it to QA, b ...

FYI - Standards
Jan 08, 2010

Just to let you all know, after talking with my CCM, what happened to me was an error and has been fixed.  We *do* get paid for standards. Sorry if I freaked anyone, besides myself, out with my post. ;o) ...

More About Standards
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks for all your comments about inserting standards but I am not concerned about mistakes in them at audits.  I am at the point where I don't care if I am fired.  The point I wanted to make is that the quality of the standard from the hospital was horrendous yet obviously acceptable because it comes from them yet we are expected to be 99% accurate under the worst possible circumstances.  If this weren't so pitiful and causing so many MTs so much distress, it would be ...

Name Of Retractor Used In C-section
Apr 12, 2010

In a C-section -- dictates:  the midline revealed the peritoneum which was entered, extended superiorly and inferiorly and a s/l leksus O retractor was placed.    Thanks ...

In Labs Section
Oct 07, 2010

Right after total bilirubin doc says what s/l t-time or t-timer 1446.   Thanks! ...

C-section Op Report
Jan 04, 2011

Pre adn post op diagnoses are:  A 38 week pregnancy. A previous cesarean section. Early labor.  There is also mention of cervical stenosis.  Dr. ESL and I am new so struggling with this paragraph. She has a significant history of having had a previous primary low transverse cesarean section in October, 2005 for ______ ( s/l  arrested descent) with labor and _______ (s/l  arrested debilitation) despite an extensive _____ ( s/l  trial) of labor. The ...

Pregnancy/c-section
Jan 24, 2011

s/l "Schwom of clear fluid..."   I'm stumped!! ...

Dr. Is Doing A Caesarean Section
Jun 01, 2011

Dr. is doing a Caesarean section.  I can't get get a good sound of type type of retractor - sounds like "biliary" ??  Thanks ...

C-section S/l Curr--any OB MTs Know This?
Feb 07, 2013

Doc says "repeat c-section s/l curr." Are there different techniques for C sections? I know there are different techniques for practically everything, but i rarely type OB reports so I'm not sure. Any OB expert who can help me out? ...

SR Pay Methods/standards
Nov 05, 2009

My hospital is transitioning into SR using APEX. We're being told that they want to base our expect standards on VBC (visual black characters), saying this is "the industry standard".  Are the rest of you on SR/VR paid by VBC, lines, or minutes?  What were the justifications given?  We've been paid for the last 10 years by minutes so aren't thinking this is a good change.  Any feedback would be helpful.  We are a union shop so would love to hear from other ...

Standards/templates
Dec 16, 2010

I've been with MQ for about 2 months now.  I've noticed that many, many of the dictators use what we used to call "standards" or templates.  We just inserted the canned text and made changes where indicated. Is this allowed?  I know some has their own (crtl S), but can I make my own and use them?  ...

Question - Standards/F11
Jun 09, 2011

When a report requires a standard be used and it is an ASR report, if the MT knows what the standard headings are, isn't it acceptable to just type in the headings in the appropriate places within the ASR, rather than pulling in the standard by Ctrl S?     ...

Are We Paid For Standards?
Jul 05, 2012

Can anyone tell me if we are paid for standards brought into reports or only what we add to it?  I did a very long OP note yesterday that had a large standard and quite a bit of dictation along with it and am surprised to see I only received 9.38 lines for it.  Something doesn't seem right, I know I type more than 9.38 lines even without the standard!   ...

Inserting Standards
Jul 23, 2012

Our facilities have many docs who say "insert my standard."  Yesterday I got a new one which was beyond belief.  The format was wrong; the PE was double spaced instead of single.  Some of the headings were capitalized and some were not.  There were spelling errors.  No Murmurs, Rubs or Gallops appeared like so, etc., etc.  Someone somewhere had to produce this PE and this is what the hospital is using as their standard.  Next time I get a piece of crap like thi ...

How Do I Toggle To Standards
Oct 24, 2012

When I am in a job, and the doctor requests standard, ctrl S does not always toggle me to the standard list.  Is there another way without using my mouse?  thank you in advance.  ...

Who Writes These Standards
Oct 24, 2012

Standard name doesnt even match what doc dictated,,the numbers he dictates dont match and the spelling...dont even get me started on that!!! ...

Doctors Using Standards
Oct 31, 2012

Anyone else get really annoyed when a doctor says "use my standard" and then proceeds to make half a dozen changes to it?  What they would like us to do is remove part of the dictation, go down to the bottom, get the appropriate text, copy, delete, move it back to the correct place in the report and then, of course, edit it.  Doing this multiple times is not only excessively time consuming but makes it very easy to accidentally delete text.  Just curious if you are all doing this. ...

Normals/standards
Apr 22, 2014

Okay, if you want me to be 99.7% then at least have the information in the normals/standards correct.  Misspelled words, punctuation errors.  Really?  Have to go in and change a LOT in order to "attempt" to make 99.7%.  Thinking I am no longer going to change them and when i get "nicked," I am going to say "that's how it was entered."  Sorry for the rant. ...

Changing To Canada Hospital From US Hospital Transcription
Jul 20, 2012

I have taken a new job to transcribe for a hospital in Canada.  What are the differences?  Can you post (or email me) links for websites that you use for references - looking up doctors, meds, etc.  Is the spelling different? ...

Abbreviations In INDICATIONS SECTION
Nov 16, 2009

Hello.  I was just wondering, are abbreviations allowed in the INDICATIONS section of a surgical report?  Thank you!   ...

Are We Not Allowed To Put ('s) In The Nickname Section?
Dec 16, 2009

Everytime I try to respond to someone and put a ('s) like if I put "plumber's wife" or something like that in the Nickname section on post a message, and go to send it I get an error and it will not send. Now if I remove the ('s) then it sends.  Happen to anyone else? ...

Physical Exam Section
Feb 10, 2010

S/l he is saying "scariotristic???? changes of the skin" ...