A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l leeterdeezed left ventricular systolic function - starstruck

Posted: Dec 31, 2010

I know this is hopeless, but here's the sentence:  "Patient had echocardiogram done showing marked s/l leeterdeezed left ventricular systolic function."  I suppose the "deezed" could be disease, but I don't know...

HELP!

Could it possibly be....sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
marked abnormalities??

It really sounds like it begins with an "L" sound... - starstruck

[ In Reply To ..]
...the only thing I could think of was "leaflet" pertaining to the heart, but it's not that, either. Honestly, for a second I thought the dictator had gone crazy and was saying "Tweedle-dee, tweedle-dee." Then I realized that *I* was the crazy one...

In any case, it was good of you to help and very appreciated.

maybe reduced n/m - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]

it could be "markedly decreased" left ventricular.... - sarmad

[ In Reply To ..]

Sarmad, I think you might be on to something.... - Starstruck

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks everyone for trying to help me figure out this term. It was the only blank I had in the report so I did not have to send it to QA so we'll never know for sure, but I am thinking Sarmad's suggestion could very likely have been right. I am making a note in the cheat sheet I keep for this doc to check out how he pronounces "ly" adverb forms and also if he uses this term again sometime.

Just wanted to say that the Word Help board has the nicest people on this site for helping out a fellow MT on New Year's Eve no less! Confetti and champagne to all!!

Similar Messages:

Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction...
Jan 05, 2011

Is there a type of scan that s/l sustemembic scan that can reveal a left ventricular ejection fraction of 38% w/ no significant wall motion abnormalities?  I can't find anything close anywhere and this is my first time transcribing this doctor.  Thanks! ...

'oral' Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction
Feb 26, 2010

ESL s/l "oral" left ventricular ejection fraction.  ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Systolic Murmur
Feb 06, 2011

correct way to type??  Systolic murmur 2/6  or  II/VI  ?  thanks. ...

2 To 3 Over 6 Systolic Murmur
Apr 09, 2014

Doc says "2 to 3 over 6 systolic murmur".  Do i type it like that <--- or do i type it "2/6 to 3/6 systolic murmur". ...

Broad Systolic Murmur
Oct 29, 2009

Anyone heard of this before? I googled the words directly together and got NO results. Heard of diffuse, loud, etc.. Just another description maybe? ...

How To Transcribe 1-2 Over 6 Systolic Murmur
Dec 07, 2013

Can someone tell me the correct way to transcribe 1-2 over 6 systolic murmur???  Is it correct to put 1/6 to 2/6 or 1-2/6.  Thanks in advance. ...

Ventricular
Apr 29, 2012

Just can't get this. Sentence is echocardiogram that showed normal ventricular function of the s/l five. Thanks for any help. ...

S/l Endocurrent Severe LV Systolic Dysfunction
Jan 30, 2010

Endocurrent?   ...

Decreased Right Ventricular (s/l) *tor*ses* SM
Aug 31, 2010

Just FYI, he is definitly not saying "torsion." ...

Echo - S/l Peak To Mean Systolic Variant 12/8 MmHg
Jan 05, 2011

In the measurements section - s/l peak to mean systolic variant 12/8 mmHg ...

...prominent Right Ventricular (s/l *loop*??)...SM
Dec 20, 2009

The heart examination showed a prominent right ventricular (s/l *loop*??) without murmur. ...

Ventricular Venous Distention
Oct 19, 2011

Is it likely that "ventricular venous distention" would appear in a transcription?  I seem to only find jugular distention. ...

S/l Ventricular/atrial Fibrillation ? Sm
Oct 28, 2012

Sounds like he is saying ventricular/atrial fibrillation, maybe ventriculoartrial fibrillation? I am unable to verify this condition. Can anyone help?   ...

Atrial Ventricular Block Question
Feb 21, 2012

There is a first-degree atrial ventricular block.  There is one beat with a variant conduction, perhaps an intermittent right bundle branch block.  Does this make sense?  Thanks.   ...

The Patient Does Not Have (sl) *centra* Or *central* *ventricular Paroxysmal Tachycardia* NM
Dec 24, 2009

NM ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Today’s Study Is Done To Exclude Polymorphic S/l *cata-colon-anurgic* Ventricular Tachycardi
Mar 14, 2010

SM ...

Grade 2 Systolic Murmur Heard Over "aortic Band" Area.
Apr 28, 2011

:) ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Where Is The Search Function?
Oct 15, 2009

Can anyone tell me how to find the search function? It's probably staring me right in the face, and I just don't notice it. ...

Search Function
Oct 18, 2009

why is there no search function on here? ...

USING THE BREAK FUNCTION
Nov 10, 2009

Have you ever used the break function simply because you had a dictator that was so horrible that you got frustrated and sent it back?  I know that we are not supposed to do this and that MQ supposedly keeps track of how many breaks we use but I have to admit I have done this no occasion.  I had a report so bad a couple of weeks ago which was over 1000 seconds long and an ESL doctor, not to mention scratchy sound, etc.  About halfway through this thing I had already spent nearly 2 ...

F5 Function Not Working
Feb 17, 2010

Is anybody else having problem with checking statistics using F5. ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble With Cc Function?
Aug 18, 2010

As soon as I do cntrl L to put in a cc, I get an error message and DQS shuts off.  This is the 5th time it has done it. Waiting for tech support, thought I'd ask while waiting. TIA ...

Need Help For DQS Function Regarding ALL CAPS!
Oct 01, 2010

Good morning ladies and gentleman from MQ.  I need your help. On the ASR reports, how do you ALL CAPS a sentence? Here's the deal . . . Say under allergies, the MD dictates no known drug allergies.  What I do is hilite the sentence and then Control, Shift, A.  After I do that, the sentences comes out No Known Drug Allergies (initial caps only).  Then I have to do the Control, Shift, A again and it will switch to ALL CAPS. Is there an easier way to do th ...

Windows XP - F11 Function Set Up
Jan 11, 2011

Having a brain "fade". How does one create the "gray box" that is called up with F11 and replaced with the variable?   Thank you ...

In Doc 7, In The ADT, Is The Job Function Window
Dec 17, 2011

x ...

Function Scale
Jan 31, 2013

For *pain* scale (1-10), i was taught to add the range if not dictated. Example: D: Pain was a 5. T: Pain was a 5/10. I'm not familiar with *function* scale.  This is a spine surgeon. This particular patient is having neck and shoulder issues (if that matters).  Is there a specific *function* scale?  If so, what is the range and do you add it like the pain scale, or do you guys just type as dictated without adding the range? ...

Search Function?
Jan 14, 2014

Is it just me or is there a problem with the Search function????  I am only able to do a Google search, not within MTStars itself.... ...