A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

on review of his skin prick test, he was "5 by 5" with a flare to cat pelt - MT

Posted: Nov 21, 2012

Can anyone tell me how to type these results: on review of his skin prick test, he was "5 by 5" with a flare to cat pelt, and short ragweed was "10 by 8" with a flare on pseudopod. 

here is some info, type 5 x 5 and 10 x 8 - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
How do you measure the size of a wheal?
Measure the largest diameter, then the one at 90 degrees to the largest diameter for example, 10 x 7 mm.

What is a Positive Test?

A positive skin test reaction is defined as a wheal 3 mm greater in diameter than the negative control reaction (not the positive control), accompanied by surrounding flare (erythema).

Examples of 4+ reactions include:
- a wheal with pseudopod
- a wheal with a satellite (considered more severe than a pseudopod)

Thank you! - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for all the info!

Similar Messages:

Recent Lab Studies Include An MRI Of The Head Showing Flare. Is This Flare Or FLAIR? ~nm
Mar 16, 2010

xx ...

Work Flow Sent Up The Red Flare.
May 10, 2014

Begging for people to jump on, if okay with their TSM. Ha! Ha! Don't they know, the TSM (at least the last several I have had) will not pick up the phone 10 seconds after their shift, and their shift does not include weekends (apparently from my experience). Maybe they let go a few too many with their 99.7% program. In the group I am in, the work really starts coming in heavy because the doctors do their catch up work at the end of the week. At least for the facilities I do. Bas ...

How To Pend A Report For Review When You Are On 100% Review
May 12, 2014

Help.  I know you send a report with no questions with Control N but forgot how to send reports for review. ...

Anyone Heard Of "fem-flare IVF". I Can't Find Anything Close To This.
Mar 16, 2011

thanks much! ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Review
Sep 16, 2010

I am a new MT who has only been in the business since March.  I still review every single one of my reports...I did stop listening to them again since I am comfortable with that part...My question is what is a normal amount of time to auctally stop going over the reports again?...I do understand sometimes that it is necessary to sometimes go back over them. Problem is work is picking up and I simply can not keep spending too much time going back over them, not to mention that it dips into p ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Skin:
Aug 13, 2011

Under physical examination Skin:  Flushed, moist, s/l attached, clear, no rashes??? help please with the underlined.   also, under Neurology: Patient is l somewhat lethargic, but arousable and seems to be oriented most or s/l work? Please help with underlined. ...

Skin
Jun 19, 2014

Hear "Skin pink, warm and dry," often. Would this be correct in a black patient? ...

On Review Of Systems ..
Jun 17, 2010

On review of systems, under "constitutional" ______ s/l moyes and fatigue. ...

Review Of An MRCP
Aug 13, 2010

"Bilobed microsystem is noted by the pancreas with abduction of the body and tail immediately adjacent to normal pancreatic duct. " The sentences immediately preceeding this are "Common bile duct and intrahepatic ducts appear normal.  No obstructions are noted."  The sentence after it is "Early developing cystic neoplasm is considered likely; typically these are benign or nonaggressive."   So it would go:  "Common bile duct and intrahepatic ducts appear normal.  No ob ...

Platform Review
Mar 01, 2011

What are all the platforms out there (chartnet, wedmedx, etc) and what are the benefits and downsides of each one? ...

10-System Review?
Sep 28, 2011

Admission H&P Dictaties "ten system review unable to obatin".  Is it REVIEW OF SYSTEMS:  Ten-system review, unable to obtain. 10-SYSTEM REVIEW:  Unable to obtain. Or something completely different. =/ ...

Editscript Review
Jul 16, 2012

Does anyone know how to compare before and after views of QAd reports? i.e. the before and after view to compare what was typed versus what was corrected. ???   Thanks!  ...

Grammar Review
Sep 03, 2013

Sometimes, we can get into bad habits, and I was wondering about your thoughts on the sentence below regarding comma usage (I tend to overuse commas) "I advised a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet, and, for your information, your body mass index today is 40.2, which, by definition, places you into the obese range."   ...

Nuance Review
Dec 14, 2013

How long do people usually stay in review?  Also, I noticed that on my pay, Nuance had to kick in some money because I didn't even make minimum wage. How long will they do that? ...

Review Of Systems
Jul 25, 2014

Dictator says this: REVIEW OF SYSTEMS: There was no concerns about eyesight, cardiovascular, GI, GU, musculoskeletal, dermatologic, endocrine, hematologic, (s/l renalcologic) systems. I cannot find anything to verify if he is actually saying renalcologic or maybe craniologic. It's about a 2-year-old girl with a possible genetic disorder.   ...

NEW Review Time
Feb 26, 2015

I hope everyone had a great week last week, because your compensation for the week of 3/6 is now going to be dependent upon that compensation rate.  "Great news," they're going to allow a long time for OUR review process, so in order to implement it, they're going to use the 2/14 - 2/20 pay period for the compensation rate two weeks from now as part of the implementation.   That means, if you transcribe 10,000 lines and even if you get 100%, which should be 1,255.00, if ...

S/l Skin Turgerus?
Oct 31, 2009

x ...

Skin Problem - S/l Del I Ga
Apr 15, 2010

No skin problems other than the apparent s/l del I ga that she does have.  ...

Ellispe Of Skin?
Apr 18, 2010

The specimen consists of an [ellipse of skin?] with a stoma of bowel in the center. Is this right? Does it make sense? ...

Another Skin Question...
Aug 30, 2010

In the physical exam under derm, the patient has s/l "malaz" on the face.  Her only listed diagnosis is fibromyalgia and the rest of her physical exam is normal except she has a dry mouth and erythema around the nail beds.   ...

Skin Embola?
Mar 25, 2012

Dr. dictates:  "Breast exam shows right breast with a slightly mobile, but obvious, mass below the nipple area with retraction of the nipple inward, and appears to have S/L skin embola but no evidence of ulceration at present."  Please help!  ...

Skin Tag Grasper?
Jul 22, 2012

Does anyone know what this might be? It s/l ab-sins. Thanks in advance. "Attention was then turned to the left axilla which was prepped with Betadine. Each of the skin tags was grasped with an ___, excised using an 11 blade, and then the base was cauterized for hemostasis." ...

Skin Retractor?
Sep 07, 2012

Anyone know this type of skin retractor for excising a lipoma from chest wall?  It s/l sins or possibly a-sins. Thank you! The skin was retracted using ___ and then later with army-navy, and the lipoma was dissected free from the surrounding structures using blunt dissection and cautery.   ...

Skin Cancer Help, Please?
Apr 12, 2013

I need help, please, with a word?  Here it goes: The anterior segment is remarkable for papilloma of the right lower lid as well as a lesion just temporal to the right eye that appears to be an old skin cancer lesion or a (sounds like "mevel.")  Thank you so much! ...

Skin Lesions
Feb 09, 2014

Patient scraped her knuckles on a cheese grater.  Doctor dictates, "They have melayer ? and scab, but they do not really appear infected." ...

Review Of Systems Question
Dec 09, 2009

The physician dictates: REVIEW OF SYSTEMS: Has had myringotomy tubes placed. She has good hearing. There are no concerns about: eye sight, cardiovascular, GI, GU, musculoskeletal, s/l dermatalon chicken, s/l decron hematologic or immunologic systems. Does anyone know what these two terms are? ...

Review Of Systems - Gastrointestinal
Mar 03, 2010

Gastrointestinal: No history of (s/l poontons), peptic ulcer disease, but had diverticulosis and irritable bowel syndrome. ...