A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

hand position - asdamom

Posted: Oct 19, 2010

Pt with joint pain. When pt turns his "right hand in the ______ position and tries to grip something, he has pain in his thumb". s/l - c-plane..?  Thanks!

could they be saying supine position? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

supine - asdamom

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it could be supine. It wasn't making sense in my head that it would be supine is all.
Thanks!

I never heard of that for a hand either (35 yrs radiology) but - - cannot come up with an answer. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Looking For Input On Hand Position While Editing
Jun 26, 2013

in DQS while listening to audio and following along, where are your hands? Do you keep them on the keyboard? On specific editing keys? or on the mouse, etc? Trying to figure out how I can reduce hand fatigue and I'm wondering what you all do while editing reports. ...

Gout In Hand
Jan 08, 2010

I am experiencing gout in my left hand which is very painful.  Has anyone had this?  Any advice for still being able to work?  The doctor has put meon colchicine, prednisone and Vicodin.  Thanks in advance for any advice! ...

Raise Your Hand If....
Mar 15, 2010

.... you were not trained thru an MT school but had equivalent medical studies schooling/background/hospital work... and managed to market yourself or simply applied to jobs and found yourself a start as an MT (in otherwords, without going thru any special "MT course" or certification since you had already gone thru university level courses in which you learned the same required medical subjects).If this is you, please tell me your story. ...

Right Hand Dominant
Jul 01, 2010

Is this correct?    right-hand-dominant male One of my doctors uses this phrase all the time and this is always the way I have typed it. I just want to know if I am typing it correctly, and if it is not correct what is the correct way to type it? My thanks to anyone who answers ...

Transcend Hand-off
Jun 17, 2010

I work at a hospital that will shortly transition over to Health Management Associates.  I have seen on their website they outsource all  transcription work to Transcend.  Right now all transcriptionists will be staying put but probably the first of year that will not be the case - can someone tell me anything about this company?  Line rate, ease of making good counts, etc.  Thanks. ...

Hand Controls
Sep 05, 2010

I am having a lot of trouble with pain in my knees when using the foot pedal.  Does any know of any type of hand controls?  Thanks! ...

Hand Laceration
Jul 27, 2011

Here's the text:  Examination of the right hand reveals a long jagged laceration extending from the palmar surface into the web space.  It is roughly 4.5 cm in length.  It is full thickness and when the fingers are spread apart, the volar surface of the 1st phalange can be visualized through the wound.  Volar?  I'm not sure if that's what I'm hearing...it sounds like it starts with a b, like bowler or buller.  I know what volar is, but does it fi ...

Hand Exam
Jan 25, 2012

She has full active range of motion.  She has no irritation of the s/l **SBR**.  She is able to make a fist.  She has 5/5 strength throughout her right hand.  ...

Hand Test?
Mar 06, 2012

He is talking about passive ROM of the fingers. "the right hand had a small nodule on the volar aspect of the metacarpophalangeal joint on the middle finger which was tender with no locking" s/l AB demonstrated. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Hand Surgeons
Sep 25, 2012

I have worked in orthopedics and there is a possible opportunity for a hand surgeon.  Where can I find references or just common terminology for surgical notes that focus on the hands.  I have stedman's references for surgery and orthopedics, but I was hoping there was some kind of guide for transcriptionist of hand surgeons.  I know there are so many references out there, but whenever I google I am getting such a broad spectrum and nothing that seems to really be w ...

Hand Surgery
Dec 03, 2012

Sentence is:  ". . . interdigital nerve identified.  This was teased free of the adjacent vascular structures and retracted RSV and dissected proximal." I cannot find RSV.  Could it be something else? ...

Hand Me A Barf Bag!
May 23, 2013

She either has very rose-colored glasses or a very chocolate-colored nose.  I can see why she won, as she paints such a wonderful picture of the company and the profession.  Maybe it used to be that way, but not anymore. ...

You Have To Hand It To Them. Do Away With Shift
Sep 11, 2013

that all those running out of work will be forced to work all hours of the day and night now to maintain health benefits.   This is probably their way of filling up graveyard shifts that they've previously been unable to fill.  Can you just picture the looks on their faces when they come up with these devious plans.   ...

Wrist/hand Pain
Nov 18, 2009

I am a new MT and have only been working a couple of weeks but loving it!  I was just wondering if any of you seasoned MTs out there remembered having hand and wrist pain when you first started?  With the increased amount of typing that I have been doing all day long every day, I find that my hands and wrists hurt when I am doing other things.  I am not talking about being sore, which I expected until I get use to all the typing, but actual stabs of pain when I move them certain w ...

USB Hand Control/SUM Program HELP!!
Jun 05, 2010

I am in college right now for transcription, and am just getting in to using the SUM program... I start summer semester on Monday and am disabled with no use of my legs, I use the Phillips USB hand control in place of a foot pedal. Well SUM doesn't work with it... I tried downloading the audio files to my computer and then importing them in to Express Scribe, which DOES work with my hand control, and I guess the permissions on the files won't allow ES to open the files. Is there A ...

Hand Surgery Question
Sep 12, 2010

Examination of the left hand reveals flexion contractures of the ring and little fingers with (s/l tube passively open so the palm can be cleaned."  thanks so much... We are not supposed to leave blanks this weekend if possible, but yet I cannot make out what is being said here at all!!! ...

Keyboard With Hand Controls
May 10, 2011

I'm looking for a keyboard with hand controls for the foot pedal.  I saw one once for around $150 but I have lost my bookmark.  Does anyone know where I can find one of these?  TIA! ...

Joint Hand Screw
Apr 21, 2012

Looking if this is correct:  1.3 x 9 mm "AMI joint hand screw" or "AMIO hand screw" for a metacarpophalangeal joint fracture. ...

Right Hand To Wrist Pain?
May 03, 2012

would it be right hand to wrist pain or right hand-to-wrist pain? ...

Left Hand Weakness Or Left-hand Weakness
Nov 02, 2012

I think my brain has fallen asleep...  Is it left hand weakness or left-hand weakness?   Thanks bunch!  ...

Any Hand/wrist Experts?
Nov 20, 2012

Pt is status post radius and wrist fractures.  No Tinels, Finkelsteins, Phalens, or s/l donnatells of the wrist. ...

Does SR Cause Hand, Wrist, Arm Pain? CT?
Nov 29, 2012

Has anyone else noticed extreme pain pop up since SR became the norm?  I used to get tired fingers, but nothing like has come on the last few years.  I'm on the verge of surgery from tennis elbow on both sides, CT on both sides, can't move my hands for a half hour after I wake up in the morning, etc.    All the years of typing didn't bring this on, but 3 years of SR has.  Seems obvious to me! ...

NEED HELP WITH PHRASE - HAND DOCTOR
Jan 09, 2013

S/L"dense bony discrimination" is 6 mm both S/L "ferrally" and ulnarly. ...

HAND LACERATION WORD HELP
Jan 12, 2013

I am trying to find the right word for a dictation. It's about a man who got his hand cocaught in the rollers at work.  He is a construction worker. Here is the sentence: Using the ___ (sound like "sawfex) extricate his hand from the rollers. ...

Does Anybody Know Off Hand What The PTO Accrual Rate Is For
Feb 22, 2013

PPT (30-39 hours)?  Thought I had saved a copy of the handbook to my computer but can't seem to find it.  TIA! ...

Hand Eczema Particularly S/l *accroly*
Sep 25, 2013

nm  ...

Hand Surgery Term
Jan 14, 2014

"Our dissection was carried out between the third and fourth extensor tendons which were intact. The juncture *ay ten oh nuh* was divided, and unable to be repaired at the end of the case. The third metacarpal and fourth metacarpal bones were exposed." TIA ...

Left Hand Issue
Mar 26, 2014

Have been having a very aggravating issue lately with my left hand.  There is no pain, no numbness, no temperature change issues, but rather a lack of coordination in regards to my left hand pinky and ring fingers only.  When trying to put hands on home keys or use the pinky or ring finger they curl up and I almost have to physically straighten them.  Not sure if started overnight or gradually just gotten worse, but has defiitely been bad for a week or so.  Making me CRA ...

Hand Probs With Speech
Jun 25, 2014

Does anyone notice their fingers/hands/wrists being more adversely affected after going to voice recognition? Probably the constant repetitive motion of using mainly the pinky and thumb now rather than normal typing where all the fingers are being moved. Anyone else ? ...

Tips For Working With Hand Pain.
Jan 15, 2010

My thumb is killing me!! Any personal tips for dealing with pain while trying to work? ...