A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

any hand/wrist experts? - sm

Posted: Nov 20, 2012

Pt is status post radius and wrist fractures.  No Tinels, Finkelsteins, Phalens, or s/l donnatells of the wrist.

possibly just Tinel of the wrist NM - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]

I found it in case anyone comes across it - in the future (OP)

[ In Reply To ..]
Guyon tunnels

Durkin's - KYmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I do Hand Surgery Clinic reports a lot and they often mention Durkin's test/sign.

Not to nitpick - Just FYI

[ In Reply To ..]
All of my ortho references have Durkan sign/test spelled as DurkAN, not DurkIN.

Durkan test - Syd

[ In Reply To ..]
It is Durkan test

For future reference... - Ortho Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
it is Tinel, Finkelstein, and Phalen or Tinel's, Finkelstein's, and Phalen's.

Nice try :) That, of course, depends on one's account specifics ;) - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Ortho Pro's post was spot on - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
Do not use the "s" up against the word. Use the word without the "s" or use "apostrophe s" as the OP had used.

Not Tinels, but Tinel or Tinel's.

The For Future Reference post was needed to clarying mis-transcription in the original post. Account specifications saying to use the "s" without the apostrophe would not be correct.

no, it does not! lol! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You can't just "drop the apostrophe". If you do, the "s" goes with it! It is Tinel OR Tinel's. NEVER Tinels. What an error on your part.

I was just trying to be helpful. - Ortho Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
If someone looks this up in the future, I would like them to have accurate information so they don't get an error back from QC. That was my only intent. These tests are named after Jules Tinel, George Phalen, and Harry Finkelstein. As you can see, there is no "s" at the end of any of these doctors' names.

Similar Messages:

Wrist/hand Pain
Nov 18, 2009

I am a new MT and have only been working a couple of weeks but loving it!  I was just wondering if any of you seasoned MTs out there remembered having hand and wrist pain when you first started?  With the increased amount of typing that I have been doing all day long every day, I find that my hands and wrists hurt when I am doing other things.  I am not talking about being sore, which I expected until I get use to all the typing, but actual stabs of pain when I move them certain w ...

Right Hand To Wrist Pain?
May 03, 2012

would it be right hand to wrist pain or right hand-to-wrist pain? ...

Does SR Cause Hand, Wrist, Arm Pain? CT?
Nov 29, 2012

Has anyone else noticed extreme pain pop up since SR became the norm?  I used to get tired fingers, but nothing like has come on the last few years.  I'm on the verge of surgery from tennis elbow on both sides, CT on both sides, can't move my hands for a half hour after I wake up in the morning, etc.    All the years of typing didn't bring this on, but 3 years of SR has.  Seems obvious to me! ...

Please Share Tips On Preventing Wrist/hand Pain
Feb 16, 2010

Hello Friends,   If you could kindly share your tips on what you do to keep your wrists going for some more years. Do you type with a brace, frequent breaks, hand exercises? Any ideas please?     ...

Hem/Onc Experts?
Jun 01, 2010

It seems everywhere I check on this I come up with differing opinions, so I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a rather hard-and-fast rule. Are stations and levels standardized now as roman or alpha?  For example, is it "station 11R" or "station XIR" lymph nodes?  To my non-expert eye, the "11R" is much more reader-friendly but I know things don't always work that way. Has anyone heard if there is a set way the levels and stations are to be transcribed? Any guidance, li ...

Okay, VR Experts Help Me Solve This One:)
Aug 31, 2010

I am open to VR and have done it before at my previous job with the same software, dictatphone, and do not find dictaphone bad to do VR at all. The problem is, with this job that I have now, I have been killing myself, I cannot get over 500 lines per day doing VR, and all the accounts are VR.  The reason I cannot get above 500 lines is for every job that is a letter, consult, DS, PT, memo, or review, I have to create a new visit ID, look up the physicians ID and location, create that visit ...

Ortho Experts Please
Feb 19, 2011

Is it dorsal sacral ligament or dorsosacral ligament? Thank you. ...

OP Experts - Help ASAP Please!
Mar 24, 2011

I'm drawing a blank on this for some reason and help would be ever so much appreciated! "The stab incisions were closed with (s/l emethol) and Steri-Strips..." TIA! ...

Bayscribe Experts, Need Help Please
May 18, 2012

Hello all...I'm back on the Bayscribe platform with a new account and haven't used it in ages. My question is, I know there is a Bayscribe page that lists all of the commands, such as accessing the word expander, but I can't seem to locate it. Does anyone have a link to this page so I can copy down the commands? TIA for anyone who can help!!! ...

Sepsis Experts
Jun 03, 2012

Sepsis.  Diagnosis is sepsis due to pneumonia.  The diagnoses are presented in this way: Sepsis due to pneumonia UTI due to E. Coli Now, if you code the sepsis, it will be sepsis unspecified because you do not have an organism documented for the pneumonia or the sepsis (they don't know)038.9, 99591 and 486.  If you go to code the UTI with E. Coli, there is an edit that excludes 041.4 with 038.9.  Do you put it in, or do you just leave the organism for the UTI ...

Radiology Experts - HELP!!
Jun 10, 2012

I am typing a report about a man who is having knee problems. S/l doc is say8ing "Radiographs, including CENTERIZED view of both knees does show ...   Does he mean CENTERED?  Am I missing something?  Help please. thanks. ...

Any Macro Experts?
May 14, 2013

So I have all these templates to pull into a single document all the time depending on what the patient is being seen for.  I also have to put the name, dob, etc, in a particular place in all of these templates.  Is there anyway to make a macro that will ask me the pertinent info up front and then when done it all just populates ready for me to just type?  This is in Word by the way. ...

A Question For HIPAA Experts, Please
Jan 26, 2012

I just had a rather unsettling experience and would like some feedback.  If I am wrong, please let me know that, too.  I had been to my M.D. for some diagnostic tests.  I was out this morning and when I returned, the doc's assistant had called and left the information--including my test names and  results--on the answering device for my phone.  We have household help  and I am not the only family member who lives here.  No one else was in my house at the t ...

Transcription Experts - Any Thoughts - Nm
Mar 27, 2012

nm ...

Shorthand Experts, Question Please
Apr 02, 2012

Ok, so I dived in and signed up for the free trial of Shorthand. My question is, is it better to go ahead and begin using it while working immediately, or would you recommend practicing with it in Word before instituting it into actual reports?  Also, is there any way to transfer what is stored in my AutoCorrect directly into Shorthand so I'm starting over from square 1? TIA for any helpful hints to get up to speed on this you can offer :-) ...

All Andrews Experts - Could Use Some Guidance. SM
Apr 22, 2012

First, would like to say to anyone considering Andrews, I have been in the program for 5 months now and STRONGLY recommend the school to any doubters.  I have been an MT for 15 years and decided it was time for a change.  After thoroughly evaluating the multiple pathways to coding (RHIT first, local community college 6-month course and Andrews), I made the Andrews choice and am very pleased with my decision.  Linda Andrews is very accessible, the instructors helpful and patient, a ...

Question For Skin Experts!
Oct 08, 2012

New client, need it to be perfect, cannot find anything on this!   She has scattered open comedones on her bilateral canthi representing Favery Rockashaw? or Fallvery Ruckashaw?   HELP! =) ...

Question For ChartScript Experts. Is There Any Way To
Dec 29, 2014

When I open abbreviations to edit/add,  every time you close after adding one, then open it again to add another,  it seems to take forever.   Is there any way to speed this process up?   I have decent internet, nothing else is slow.  When I transcribe, the program itself goes well.   It's only the abbreviation section that's so poky.    Any ideas how to make this go faster,  the adding abbreviations?  ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

Wound Experts Needed ASAP Please
Mar 27, 2011

The sentence reads,"The assigned nurse this morning reports that he had been having dressing changes to the right foot b.i.d. prior to admission with a (s/l sandeel)." Any ideas on what this word might be?  TIA to anyone who can help! ...

Any Microsoft Word 2010 Experts Out There?
Feb 23, 2013

I just downloaded a free trial of a medical/pharmaceutical dictionary and when I went to import it into my custom dictionaries, it says it must be converted to a Unicode document before importing. I'm confused...Does anyone know what this means or how to "convert" it to Unicode?  I'm totally  new to MSO 2010, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ...

Wrist MRI
Feb 22, 2012

There is ____________of the scaphoid at the attachment of the scapholunate ligament with a subtle tear not being able to be excluded.  There is mild dorsal __________ of the lunate.  There is irregularity of the triangular fiber cartilage without frank tear and _________.   MRI demonstrated degenerative changes at the 1st carpometacarpal and scaphotrapezial joint. She has cystic changes versus fluid in the scapholunate interval. There is s/l ***in-stig-nus**** of the scaphoid a ...

MRI Wrist
May 16, 2012

The wrist has marrow edema, joint effusion and an intra-articular body.  Differential considerations include RA and s/l "indurin" infection. ...

S/l Cockup Wrist
Oct 18, 2009

The patient is still having significant problems with regard to her left wrist. A [cockupwrist] was applied for such.     He might be saying .. 'dressing' where I think I hear wrist.. and its a K sound (or c) at the beginning, but I've gone through my list of dressings and nothing seems to fit.   any ideas?   tia :) ...

Wrist X-ray / Spine
Mar 01, 2010

X-ray findings were obtained and reviewed today.  These demonstrate a solid fusion of his distal radius with excellent consolidation of all his carpal bones.  His pisiform is in excellent conjunction with the radius itself; the "dairy J"? appears to be well-preserved.  There is callus formation over the radius. Please HELP!!!! "Dairy J" ...

Exam Of Right Wrist Please Sm
Oct 16, 2011

She has a negative Finkelstein's test and negative s/l Baylor's grind test.  Thanks!! ...

Wrist Compartments
Jun 20, 2012

First dorsal compartment of the wrist or 1st dorsal compartment of the wrist? Also, when did intra-articular change to intraarticular? ...

Test For Wrist And Elbows
Apr 28, 2010

s/l janel or genel test. I cannot find this kind of test in my word books. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Pt Is S/p Wrist Arthrotomy With Synovectomy. Please Sm
May 01, 2010

Plan:  We have recommended occupational therapy for modality treatments, s/l BTE strengthening for pronation and supination.   ...

Wrist Fusion Question Sm
Jun 09, 2011

He is not tender along the s/l "course of his plate", especially anterior, posterior, medial, lateral. Thanks. ...