A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

dictated, "heart rate to blood pressure product is 29, 920." I'm not sure - how to transcribe this.

Posted: Jul 25, 2014

29/920 or 29:920???

Just not familiar with this.  Thanks!

hmm, concerns me some - research

[ In Reply To ..]
that you would think a diastolic blood pressure reading would ever be 920.

I would suggest you re-listen and/or ask someone to listen for you, or do a little research about blood pressure readings.

This might help... - Beach Glass Lover

[ In Reply To ..]

Pressure rate product, also known as Cardiovascular Product or Double Product, is used in cardiology and exercise physiology to determine the myocardial workload.

Rate Pressure Product (RPP) = Heart Rate (HR) * Systolic Blood Pressure (SBP)

with the units for the Heart Rate being beats per minute and for the Blood Pressure mmHg.

Rate pressure product is a measure of the stress put on the cardiac muscle based on the number of times it needs to beat per minute (HR) and the arterial blood pressure that it is pumping against (SBP). It will be a direct indication of the energy demand of the heart and thus a good measure of the energy consumption of the heart.

Rate pressure product allows you to calculate the internal workload or hemodynamic response.

Hemodynamic Response RPP
High more than 30000
High Intermediate 25000 - 29999
Intermediate 20000 - 24999
Low Intermediate 15000 - 19999
Low 10000 - 14999

I think I was pointing out the use of a virgule should not be used - research

[ In Reply To ..]
because of the likelihood of being misunderstood.

A value of 29/920 would be read (by most people) as 29 being systolic and 920 being diastolic, which is not life sustainable.

I would recommend putting the clarifying information before each number to prevent confusion by the reader.
ex,
29 to 920
29 and 920
HR 29/BPP 920.

I'm sure there must be examples to help guide the MT of an approved writing from the facility in question.

As OP clearly states, it is blood pressure PRODUCT - Research needed

[ In Reply To ..]
To OP: A physician I transcribed for preferred it written as 29:920.

glad that works for you - research

[ In Reply To ..]
but I would like to mention that the BOS confines use of the colon to ratios and encourages the use of the word "to" between numbers that are reflective of different products.

an RPP is not a ratio - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The RPP is found by multiplying peak heart rate by peak systolic blood pressure.
She never said RPP was a ratio...see msg - double entendre
[ In Reply To ..]
She said "heart rate TO blood pressure product"...that is two things, my dear.
but what s/he wrote was defined as an - equation
[ In Reply To ..]
two calculated values joined by a colon represent what can be read as an equation, your own dear self.

Double entendres are really not appropriate in a medical report because one should never have to guess about clarity when it comes to what is going on in a person's body. There are a number of non-medically educated persons reading medical records (judges, jurors, persons employed by insurance carriers, etc.). When we open the door to subjective interpretation, we put someone's life on the line.

If you are a writer dealing with subjective interpretation outside the medical records arena, I would wholeheartedly encourage your use of double entendres. I do not encourage the use of unclear communication in a person's medical records.

Similar Messages:

Blood Pressure Clearly Dictated Of 106/21?
Jul 13, 2010

Patient with a blood pressure clearly dictated of 106/21?  Might have to leave blank. ...

S/l Plidasoid Blood Pressure
Jun 04, 2010

patient had tightness in chest.  Dr. states "At that time, his s/l plidasoid blood pressure was 103."  ...

3 Values For Blood Pressure?
Dec 29, 2010

Is this something new I haven't heard of before, or just a misspeak? ...

Odd Blood Pressure Sentence?
Jun 26, 2012

Has anyone ever heard that a patient's "blood pressure is several years old."?  This patient is in for hypertension and the doctor is talking about her varying higher level blood pressures and he ends the subjective paragraph with the above sentence.  I've listened several times and that is what he is saying.  Does this make sense? Thanks so much! ...

S/l Verapino For High Blood Pressure
Mar 08, 2010

The patient takes s/l verapino for high blood pressure. Tia. ...

Blood Pressure 168/15????? Is That Possible And Still Be Alive. 99.99999% Sure That Is What She Sai
Oct 09, 2010

Doctor dictated blood pressure as 168/15.  Is that even possible.  Just want to MAKE sure before I flag.   ...

S/l *oxilated* Or *axilated* Blood Pressure
Oct 28, 2012

nm ...

Blood Pressure On A Patient Who's On A Ventilator
Jun 20, 2014

The doctor is giving the blood pressure on a patient who's on a ventilator.  He says what sounds like "60 over palp."  Anybody ever hear of this? ...

S/l Cross Your Heart Pressure Dressing
May 04, 2011

This same ENT doctor says this type of a dressing over and over, and I have yet to find it.  Any help would be appreciated! ...

Help! In PE, Doc Is Saying S/l Bret Somatic (pneumatic)?? Blood Pressure
Apr 08, 2011

.. ...

D15 Heart Blood Vessel
Feb 01, 2011

compromise of D15 branch heart cath report,   any idea about this,  thank you in advance ...

Respiratory Rate Dictated As 28/40. That Can't Be Right, Can It?
Jan 18, 2012

Patient is a disheveled middle-aged male, alert and oriented x3. Moderately ill in appearance.  He dehydrated.  Blood pressure 129/63.  Pulse, 92. Respiratory rate of 28/40 ...

S/l "Adacan" High Blood Pressure Medication
Feb 22, 2010

s/l "Adacan" high blood pressure medication ...

"Blood Pressure 164/96, ____ 75" S/L Full Or Flow??
Sep 14, 2011

Doc says, "Blood pressure repeat with a manual cuff is 164/96 ____ 75." Could be full or flow?? TIA! ...

Heart Rate - WOW
Jun 22, 2010

Here's a good one.  This doc says the nurses in the ER noticed that patient may have had a heart rate of "800."  Impossible.  I thought possibly he could be saying "a hundred", but I slowed down the dictation and 800 is what he is saying.  This is an ESL doc who talks very fast.  This is not the first time he has said something incorrect.  ...

Heart Rate
Jan 20, 2011

Has anyone heard of "irregular regular irregular" heart rate?  I thought it was "regular irregular".    ...

Heart, Regular Rate...
Jan 18, 2010

dictated" heart regular rate and rhythm, no s/l octopi noted? i dont think she's talking about an octopus!! ...

"humerosacral" Blood Pressure
Nov 16, 2013

According to nurse, s/l "humerosacral" blood pressure was around..... ...

Now To Type Heart Rate In 1-teens
Jan 26, 2011

nm ...

Stress Test S/l Shield Heart Rate
Jan 25, 2011

Equivocal test by EKG at a ____________heart rate. --  s/l shield heart rate. ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of The Word "tor" Or "tore" After A Blood Pressure
Feb 02, 2013

He is definltely not saying 94.  He is saying "90 tore".  He said it twice and specifically pronounced 90 tore. It is a patient who has hypotension and is being dialyzed.  I cannot find anything and wondered if anyone ever heard that. Thanks, M ...

Normopressure, Normo-pressure Or Normal Pressure
Jan 29, 2010

hydrocephalus?  ...

Hematogenous Blood Or Hematomatous Blood?
Sep 14, 2012

Sounds like doc says he aspirated hematogenous blood or hematomatous blood. Any ideas? ...

Drug Or Product?
Dec 19, 2010

Doing a report on an aneurysmal bone cyst and doc spells (which I know better than to believe them!) "Finally, 10 mL of Noriun as well as bone cement was made up and then used to fill the void as comprehensively as possible."  I cannot verify in my Drake & Drake or by doing a Google search. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction? Thanks, ...

Saw My First Point-and-click EMR Finished Product.
Jan 06, 2013

I had to request a medical report for myself and oh dear lord what a mess that point-and-click stuff is. They check all items in a ROS and the thing throws it all together in giant run-on sentences, separating everything by a comma, and leaving weird spaces everywhere. There's no consistency anywhere in how it makes things look, i.e. in a numbered list that has 1., 2., etc., putting one space after the period after the number and the next one putting 2 spaces, then back to 1 space, then may ...

Consul (?) Stool Softener/fiber Product
Oct 18, 2011

Doc is saying she takes consul (?) on a regular basis for her constipation?  Cannot find it.  Thanks!!!!!!!! ...

So, Is This Correct, M-Modal Is A Medquist Product...or Confused?
Dec 05, 2011

I have gathered that there is a connection from info on here that M-Modal is part of the medquist group... and also Epic... which is pretty much the death march for us and work...of all the things that scare me... Epic is the worst, as far as taking the work from us.  FAST!! ...

Dictaphone's Speech Product- Does Anyone Really Make Any Money On This Platform?
Feb 19, 2010

I have always used eScription which is a much friendiler platform. This is the first time I have used this program and I'll be lucky to make $50 a day.  I realize it is something new for me, but from those who use it regularly, am many lines can you average an hour. I need some hope here. ...

Lost Serial Product Number For Olympus DSS Player Pro V.3.3
May 02, 2010

My computer crashed this weekend and I had to run out and get a whole one. The problem that I am running into is trying to install the Olympus DSS Player Pro v.3.3 on the new computer, and I lost the serial product number in order to register it.  The software won't load without this key code.  Does anyone have one on hand or have any suggestion?  I don't want to go out and buy another one for $200.00 bucks or more since that was what I paid the first time around.   ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...