A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

now to type heart rate in 1-teens - tryingtostayawake

Posted: Jan 26, 2011

nm

110s - .

[ In Reply To ..]
This question always starts a debate!

1-teens - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would type 1-teens as dictated, as 110, 111, 112 are not "teens."

one-20s? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
so if you say 120s, does that mean you are not referring to 121 or 125?

seen this several times on this board . . - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and you're right, always starts a debate, but in over 30 years of transcribing numerous accounts and re-verifying it every time, it is always 110s - saying "1-teens" is just doctor slang/speak - it is meant to be a range from 110-119 . .no matter that the first several numbers aren't technically teens,

But, as a disclaimer to this, there are probably places that do allow it, so bottom line is ALWAYS check with your employer/account - there may be a doctor or company who prefers the "1-teens" and there will probably be some posts to that effect.

Similar Messages:

How Would You Transcribe "the One Teens" (pulse Rate)?
May 11, 2012

"Pulse rapidly increases to the one teens." ...

Heart Rate - WOW
Jun 22, 2010

Here's a good one.  This doc says the nurses in the ER noticed that patient may have had a heart rate of "800."  Impossible.  I thought possibly he could be saying "a hundred", but I slowed down the dictation and 800 is what he is saying.  This is an ESL doc who talks very fast.  This is not the first time he has said something incorrect.  ...

Heart Rate
Jan 20, 2011

Has anyone heard of "irregular regular irregular" heart rate?  I thought it was "regular irregular".    ...

Heart, Regular Rate...
Jan 18, 2010

dictated" heart regular rate and rhythm, no s/l octopi noted? i dont think she's talking about an octopus!! ...

Stress Test S/l Shield Heart Rate
Jan 25, 2011

Equivocal test by EKG at a ____________heart rate. --  s/l shield heart rate. ...

Dictated, "heart Rate To Blood Pressure Product Is 29, 920." I'm Not Sure
Jul 25, 2014

29/920 or 29:920???   Just not familiar with this.  Thanks! ...

What Is A Good Cpl Rate For This Type Of Work?
Apr 27, 2010

I am subcontracting for a smallish MTSO. My main account is acute care (including op notes) with about 25% ESLs. Secondary account is clinic and very easy. Good, user-friendly platform. ...

This Is What I Hear; How Do I Type It Correctly? CV; S1 And S2 Normal Rate And Rhythm.
Aug 09, 2013

nm.  Thanks. ...

One Teens
Aug 04, 2011

How would you write it when the doctor says pulse is in the 100 to one teens??  Thanks ...

Low 1 Teens
Jun 23, 2014

how would you type low 1 teens?  the doctor states "heart rate dropped to low 1 teens"   TIA!   ...

100s To 1 Teens
Nov 13, 2009

How do you write (100s to 1 teens)/60-70? ...

How To Transcribe 1 Teens
Apr 06, 2011

Is this correct?  Heart rate is in the 100s to 1-teens. Doesn't look right, but cannot anything. ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

BP Range When MD States "one-teens"
Dec 20, 2010

MD is stating a BP as "100 to one-teens over 60s to 70s" How best to transcribe that? ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

How To Express "1-teens"
Dec 31, 2011

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times before, but it's the first time I've run across it.  "Patient had a pulse rate in the 1-teens."  Everything I try looks odd, and I'm not really sure what's correct. Any help greatly appreciated. ...

Heart
May 30, 2010

Please help with following. It sounds like sections of the heart "kilae" is marked hypertrophy. Also, myocardial fibers show only a thin shell with a "Day O" vacuolated cytoplasm.   ...

Heart Exam...
Nov 03, 2009

"Cardiovascular exam was tachycardiac. No s/l meals or an ST. No murmurs or gallops were appreciated." Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Heart Examination
Mar 15, 2010

Heart exam, doctor dictates: "Heart: Regular rhythm without murmurs or gallops. 2 clicks heard at the apex"  I don't understand the connection between "2" and "clicks" or what punctuation to use?? I'm new to this so any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!   ...

Heart Clicks? Again...
Mar 16, 2010

Posted this yesterday, but wanted to see if anyone else might know... HEART: Regular rhythm without murmurs or gallops. 2 clicks heard at the apex. (or 2: Clicks heard at the apex?) He says "2" like number 2, as if he dictated number 1- which he obviously didn't. Is there such a thing as 2 clicks heard at the apex??       ...

Heart: AP S1, S2 Somewhat Irregular?
Jun 05, 2010

I think she is saying "Heart AP" but I can not figure out what is meant by AP? Any suggestions, I am at a loss. =( ...

Warms My Heart
Jul 27, 2010

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE ONES THAT WRITE ON MT STARS SAYING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE TRANSCRIPTION THEN PLEASE DON’T APPLIY BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE A GOOD FIT FOR US!          Someone has already critiqued the ad post, but I have to offer up kudos for the comment above.  WHINERS NEED NOT APPLY should become part of ALL help-wanted ads! ...

Heart Problems
Aug 31, 2010

"She had some abnormal rhythms with SVT and s/l "barrency" intermittently.  This self resolved." This doc is heavy ESL (but with a deliightful Spanish lilt to her voice) so I'm not sure what "barrency" might be. Variancy? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.   ...

Heart Catheterization
Sep 30, 2010

Right heart catheterization right atrial pressure of 34.  s/l R pressure was 90/36 mmHg. ...

Heart Cath
Jan 20, 2011

Sounds like "RBU 4 to 6-French guide catheter" or maybe "RBU4 6-French guide catheter" Dictates it so fast I can't tell what is going on here.  TIA!!! ...

HAART Not Heart
Sep 29, 2012

I was searching reports to look up how a doctor dictates and came across..patient has HIV and is on heart medications.  Come on, people, ALL transcriptionists should know HIV patients get HAART treatment.  Unbelieveable.  I would not be surprised if we lose this contrast due to stupid mistakes like that. ...

Heart Word
Nov 05, 2012

There is a s/l KEY-ard network noted in the right atrium ...

2nd Or Second Heart Sound
Mar 07, 2013

I should know this, but when typing out a physical exam, is it 2nd heart sound or second heart sound, or 1st heart sound or first heart sound, etc.  Thanks for the help. ...