A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

She is "10 days post-hysterectomy". Is this correct typed like this? Thanks! nm - Nikki

Posted: Apr 19, 2010

x

I wouldn't put the hyphen...? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

not unless used as a compound modifier, no, such as in -- - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
-- "This is her 10th post-hysterectomy day." (awkward, I know, but just for an example :-))

Post used in that sense does not stand alone, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
therefore either with a hyphen or as 1 word - posthysterectomy. Post can stand alone when used with status -- status post hysterectomy.

I think that 'status' is implied in this sentece, therefore would stand alone - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Has Anybody Had A TYPED Job Post-audited Or Only
Dec 21, 2013

nm ...

What Is Correct Way To Type Medication --- X 5 Days?
Sep 13, 2012

What is the correct way to type medication x days?  i.e. Pt was given Lasix 20 od x 10 days. OR Pt was given Lasix 20 mg od x10 days. ...

BEFORE YOU POST: Use The Correct Board - List Is On The Left. NM
Jan 26, 2011

nm ...

Auto Correct In Word 2010 - From Below Post
Feb 12, 2011

I copied and pasted my auto correct from Word 2002 from my desktop onto my laptop Word 2010.  I can see the file there but when I open auto correct, only some, very few, of the entries are there.  I have three auto correct files on my desktop and tried copying/pasting all of them into my laptop, but still only some of the entries are on my laptop.  What am I doing wrong or is there something I have to do on my laptop to activate all .acl files?  Thanks. ...

BEFORE YOU POST - Make Sure You Use The Correct Board - See List On Left. NM
Feb 23, 2011

. ...

Hysterectomy Questions
Aug 13, 2010

Hi all.  Any help with these would be greatly appreciated!   EA cisors are in the vagina and in the rectum.   The bladder is separated from the pubic bone by a potential space, the space of Retzius or the retropubic space, which contains the venous plexus of santorini, Cooper’s ligament or the iliopectineal line running along the issupebic remind bilaterally.   Thanks! ...

Hysterectomy With Salpingo
Nov 02, 2010

Help with correct spelling - what sounds like curvenie clamp and heene stitch   ...

Salpa Hysterectomy
Feb 22, 2011

Hi,  the doc says something like salpa hysterectomy.  how do I put it.  please help.   Tx ...

Da Vinci Hysterectomy
Feb 25, 2011

Dr states "the uterus was then amputated over s/l crow cup"  Any ideas.  TIA!!! ...

Vaginal Hysterectomy
Nov 15, 2013

A *hemifixation* stitch was used repeatedly after ligaments were clamped and cut.  I cannot verify.  Thanks! ...

Uro Needle....for Hysterectomy
May 09, 2014

nm ...

Total Hysterectomy~Clamps?
Dec 19, 2010

Okay, I can't make out what type of clamp he would be using.   "The uterus was then clamped at the adnexa with large s/l K **"enely" ?? clamps". thanks in advance.   bv ...

S/l Acorn Retractor In Hysterectomy?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

Uterus *propulsing (hysterectomy)
Jun 02, 2013

The uterus had been identified and noted to be *____________ at this point (sounds like propulsing). She is performing a laparoscopic-assisted hysterectomy and dictating 60 miles an hour.   Any help would be deeply appreciated. I have spent an enormous amount of time on this and now cannot get my line counts in for pay.   Thanks in advance!! ...

Hysterectomy - S/l Gammage, Douching, Or Intercourse
Aug 10, 2010

Discharge instructions following vaginal surgery - "Nothing per vagina including s/l gammage, douching, or intercourse. ...

Hysterectomy With Something That Sounds Like Gustick Speculum
May 02, 2013

hysterectomy with something that sounds like Gustick speculum.  Thanks.  ...

Hysterectomy- Panicele Or Fanicele Incision Site?
Feb 17, 2010

Patient has itching around the incision site of her hysterctomy-sounds like low panicele or low fanicele? Any ideas? ...

Hysterectomy - An Opening Was Made In The Mid (??) 2 Heaney Clamps
Aug 04, 2011

Just cannot hear this...    an opening was made in the mid(????)  2 Heaney clamps were placed on each tube ...

Hysterectomy - Bleeding Points Were Treated With Free**
May 23, 2013

bleeding points were treated with free**   help please ...

Blank Sonic Device In Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Oct 28, 2013

working on a laparoscopic hysterectomy. It sounds like he is saying serosonic device.  looking at all the old reports it is Sonicision device.  BUT he is NOT saying that.  When I listened to the old report just to see if he just does not pronounce it correctingly, I hear the Sonicision in that report.  In my report, he is clearly saying ____ sonic device.  not harmonic.  not sonicision. The ____ sonic device was used to take down the fallopian tubes, then the Gyru ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

How Should This Be Typed
Feb 23, 2010

1-1/2 inch or 1.5 inch Had a doctor say 1.5 inch needle and I was taught that it should be 1-1/2 inch needle. Thanks ...

How Is This Typed?
Aug 14, 2010

Is it 36 weeks and 1 day gestation or 36 weeks 1 day gestation?  Thanx ...

Typed By An ILP
Feb 03, 2012

Typed (not ASR):  CAT scan of the cervical area done on the genitalia first.  Dictated:  CAT scan of the cervical area done on January 31. This person isn't even on 100% QA.  You get what you pay for.   ...

6MP Protonix - Typed Right??
Nov 07, 2009

I'm just not sure.  thanks for any help! ...

No Pay For Lines Typed
Dec 04, 2013

No pay for lines typed (1400 to be exact).  Manager and supervisor won't address issue.  Have no contact with HR or Payroll as they will not respond to e-mails or phone calls.  Should I contact the labor board to get paid? ...

Wow, I Typed 1 Whole Report...
Nov 27, 2014

x ...

I Cant Seem To Get Into See My Lines Typed. Nm
Dec 09, 2014

nm ...