A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Right modified radical mastectomy -again! - Debbie

Posted: Feb 15, 2010

Okay, this doctor is driving me crazy!  Operative report - right modified radical mastectomy -  Doctor says "The axillary "infarct"? and "adventissar"? was carefully brought down with the specimen."   HELP!!

Could it be "axillary lymph node...see message - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
Usually, with my mastectomy surgeons, they do an axillary sentinel lymph node biopsy to check for surrounding metastases. So they take out sentinel axillary lymph nodes for pathological inspect to sent for either touch prep analysis or other pathology.

Right modified radical mastectomy -again! - Debbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I just don't know, that definitely doesn't sound like it either. Think I'll just leave blank for now, thank you so much for helping me!!

And adventitia is the outermost surrounding layer of tissue on the lymphatics..nm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Right Modified Radical Mastectomy
Feb 15, 2010

Please help!!  Operative report - right modified radical mastectomy.  Doctor says "The axillary vein was then cleaned along it's course, bringing down all the surrounding "adentenial"?? tissue inferiorly with this specimen.    Please help if you can, I've looked for everything that makes sense. ...

Right Radical Mastectomy
Oct 25, 2009

Adia clamps were used against a green towel??? to elevate the flap, which was then used done using electrocautery and some??? sharp dissection. ...

Mastectomy/ies
Mar 14, 2012

I hear this both ways all the time.  The patient had bilateral mastectomies.  The patient had a bilateral mastectomy.  Is either way okay? ...

Mastectomy Clamp
Oct 20, 2009

"adea"???? clamps were used with a green towel --- I can't find any clamps that resemble this ...

Node - Mastectomy
Oct 26, 2009

Hyas or Hias node.  In bringing down the Level III nodes, the axillary vein was well exposed and then cleaned of surrounding tissue.  Does this make sense? ...

Redundant (s/l Todtotic) Mastectomy Flaps... See More.
Mar 07, 2011

Bilateral breast reconstruction revision due to redundan (s/ todd-totic) mastectomy plaps inferiorly... ...

Modified Barium Swallow
Sep 11, 2011

MODIFIED BARIUM SWALLOW Patient was given thin liquids, nectar-thickened liquids, pudding, mechanical soft tissues and chopped meats. In the oral phase there is decreased lingual range of motion, coordination and decreased _____.  Sounds like he is saying "dentition".  ...

Modified S/l Stein Interspace Release
Apr 07, 2010

This is a bunionectomy and he is saying, a modified s/l stein interspace release was performed in standard fashion.  I can't verify "stein" anywhere.  ...

Modified Shoulder Reduction Technique
Sep 19, 2012

Anyone familiar with a type of shoulder reduction technique for dislocated shoulder?  Sounds like the doc is saying modified "Stitz" technique.    ...

Question About Needle Localization Partial Mastectomy And Sentinal
Dec 18, 2009

lymph node biopsy.  injection of one "millicurie of thick-nesh-tion sulfa cowl-loid" in the radiology suite. ...

History Of Breath Sick At Cancer, Status Post Mastectomy.
Jul 31, 2010

Hand Operation, Sounds Like Modified *sujima* Stitch
Jul 12, 2011

XXX ...

Modified Kujima Stitch Using A #2 FiberWire Was Passed Up The Achilles...Anyone Heard Of Kujimi Stit
Mar 04, 2010

xx ...

Open Hernia Repair, S/l Modified "bessina" Technique.
Jan 07, 2015

We then proceeded to primarily repair the inguinal floor using a modified "bessina or bethina" technique using Ethibond 2-0 situres. ...

Modified "Osler Shilobac Difficulty Questionnaire"
Sep 14, 2012

This is SO garbled!  Any help appreciated. ...

One More - S/l "Tillaway" Modified Seldinger Technique - Nm
Dec 09, 2010

Thank you! ...

GYN: Modified "Markovitz" Procedure?--nm
Dec 04, 2009

:) ...

Modified Maze Procedure, Is Maze Capitalized Or Not
Jul 23, 2014

I have a really old cardiovascular/pulmonary book and it shows maze is not capitalized.  I'm new to VR and it is always capitalizing maze, so who is right?  Modified maze procedure or modified Maze procedure...I'm betting on the book.  TIA ...

Post Mastectomy Incision With Faint "telactasia" Noted Along The Incision.
May 07, 2014

? ...