A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Open hernia repair, s/l modified "bessina" technique. - SM for sentence

Posted: Jan 07, 2015

We then proceeded to primarily repair the inguinal floor using a modified "bessina or bethina" technique using Ethibond 2-0 situres.

Bassini hernia repair - pickygirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I belive Bassini is the word you're looking for. :)

So close and yet so far! Thank you! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Modified Shoulder Reduction Technique
Sep 19, 2012

Anyone familiar with a type of shoulder reduction technique for dislocated shoulder?  Sounds like the doc is saying modified "Stitz" technique.    ...

Hernia Repair
Jun 01, 2010

Dr. has dictated "go ahead and proceed with (s/l rainy-oh) hernia repair." help? TIA ...

Need Help With Hernia Repair
Dec 12, 2011

The preperitoneum was taken down. The hernia was indeed medial to the epigastric vessels. The preperitoneal fat was further reduced. The hernia sac was completely reduced out of that area. A space was then created in the preperitoneum. A 4 x 6 inch Composix mesh was then introduced, secured to the ileopubic tract laterally and then also medially. The peritoneum was then closed over this with additional absorbable tacks. He tolerated this quite well. I'm not finding "preperitoneum" anywhere ...

Inguinal Hernia Repair, Thanks For Any Help Sm
Nov 17, 2009

With the preperitoneal contents replaced into the preperitoneal space, the preperitoneal space was then developed.  Then using the ___ s/l "calves ear" mesh, Prolene, this was placed into this defect with the balloon blown up and the mesh then affixed to the fascial edges circumferentially with 0 Vicryl suture. ...

Inguinal Hernia Repair
Jun 25, 2014

doc is talking about infant inguinal hernia repair and says   He did have bilateral incisions on his abdomen with the s/l adhedoderms still in situ. - would think it is a brand name stitch or something, any help would be appreciated.  ...

Hernia Repair Mesh S/l Qvar? Nm
Jan 06, 2011

nm ...

S/l Continental Lumbar Hernia Repair
Aug 11, 2014

doc keeps saying what sounds like "continental" lumbar hernia repair and for the life of me I can't find anything like that. It doesn't really sound like contralateral though there are bilateral lumbar hernias and they're doing a staged procedure. Anyone got any ideas?? TIA!! ...

Ventral Hernia Repair With Mesh
Oct 24, 2014

I can't figure out what this doctor is saying! Please help. "This was palpated in the (superior osectivar?!) incision, and the incision actually needed to be extended several mm to facilitate dissection. ...

S/l Status Post Periciferal Hernia Repair Nm
Nov 14, 2009

xx ...

MYOPIC And Orifice In Hernia Repair Surgery
Nov 19, 2010

I am typing an op report on hernia repair.  MD says "Mesh was then brought out to cover the entire MYOPIC and the orifice." ...

Kruger? Mesh, Umbilical Hernia Repair
Jan 10, 2011

Anyone heard of something like "Kruger" mesh for repair of umbilical hernias?  Thanks, essmom ...

PMH: Hernia Repair With S/l *some Cube Extraction* And GE Reflux. See Msg
Feb 22, 2012

PMH - Hernia repair with ___________ and GE reflux.  this is just listed in PMH so no other hx.  it sounds like some cube extraction or traction.  I'm not sure.  Thanks! ...

Polypropylene Mesh For Hernia Repair S/l Dayvon
Dec 29, 2014

Umbilical hernia repair using s/l "dayvon" polypropylene mesh     ...

One More - S/l "Tillaway" Modified Seldinger Technique - Nm
Dec 09, 2010

Thank you! ...

Help With Ureteral Open Repair. Thanks
Jul 13, 2010

Patient actually opted for endoscopic intervention, and risks for complication, including, but not limited to, infection, bleeding, and ureteral injury requiring a s/l medial to delayed open repair, were discussed. It also sounds like there is an "or" sound at the end of medial.  Thanks for any help.  ...

S/l "ocalgia" After A Hernia Repair In A Urology Report
Jul 07, 2011

Please help!  I'm finishing up a urology report and the MD is saying the patient had s/l "ocalgia" after a hernia repair.  Can't seem to find anything remoted similar to this after a bunch of searches! Much appreciated! ...

Hernia Repair - Sounds Like Cookal Oval Or Google Oval?
Sep 16, 2013

Inguinal hernia surgery repair with what sounds like cookal oval or google oval.  Tried gastric stedman's book and term wasn't linked with oval.  Not incredibly familiar with surgery equipment. Thanks ...

Right Modified Radical Mastectomy
Feb 15, 2010

Please help!!  Operative report - right modified radical mastectomy.  Doctor says "The axillary vein was then cleaned along it's course, bringing down all the surrounding "adentenial"?? tissue inferiorly with this specimen.    Please help if you can, I've looked for everything that makes sense. ...

Right Modified Radical Mastectomy -again!
Feb 15, 2010

Okay, this doctor is driving me crazy!  Operative report - right modified radical mastectomy -  Doctor says "The axillary "infarct"? and "adventissar"? was carefully brought down with the specimen."   HELP!! ...

Modified Barium Swallow
Sep 11, 2011

MODIFIED BARIUM SWALLOW Patient was given thin liquids, nectar-thickened liquids, pudding, mechanical soft tissues and chopped meats. In the oral phase there is decreased lingual range of motion, coordination and decreased _____.  Sounds like he is saying "dentition".  ...

Modified S/l Stein Interspace Release
Apr 07, 2010

This is a bunionectomy and he is saying, a modified s/l stein interspace release was performed in standard fashion.  I can't verify "stein" anywhere.  ...

Hand Operation, Sounds Like Modified *sujima* Stitch
Jul 12, 2011

XXX ...

Modified Kujima Stitch Using A #2 FiberWire Was Passed Up The Achilles...Anyone Heard Of Kujimi Stit
Mar 04, 2010

xx ...

Help With MRI Technique, Please
Apr 14, 2011

Doc is doing an MRI of the foot and says the technique is:  "Long axis inversion recovery, sagittal T1, inversion recovery, and short axis fat suppressed proton density. " I have added the commas but I'm not confident about it AT ALL.  Any help, please?  Does anyone know of a web site that explains all this terminology?  Thanks! ...

MRI Technique - 3B
Jan 23, 2013

This is new to me - "axial diffusion weighted imaging with 3B values including b50, b500 and b1000."  In Googling this, I see both lower case (b50) and upper case (B50).  Anyone familiar with this?  Thanks. ...

S/l Coogal Technique
Jan 13, 2010

left inguinal hernia repair via ________ technique....any ideas? ...

Is It Some New Management Technique Not To Say Thank You To
Sep 22, 2010

I'm a high producer and self starter. I don't need hand-holding.  But, geesh, it's just human nature to want to hear a sincere, individual compliment for a job well done sometimes, if for no other reason than it motivates me to do a better job and make the company more money.  At some point, it seems most management has started to treat the worker bees as enemies instead of part of the team.  It's short-sighted and lazy, and I know it has to be costin ...

S/l McKally's Technique
Dec 19, 2010

s/l McKally's technique   has to do with ACL injury ...

S/l Bullseye Technique
Mar 17, 2011

SI joint injected using the s/l bullseye technique ...

Questions On Your Technique
Jun 12, 2011

I am wondering what method you all use for transcribing.  Do you listen and type word for word, or do you listen to the complete thought before typing it?  Has anyone who was formally trained been taught a certain way?  Has anyone switched from technique to another and seen a difference one way or another?  I am continually trying to find ways to improve speed without a lot of success.  I am very frustrated and having difficulty paying my bills. Also, in case it co ...