A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Rad/onc word sounds like "couch kick". - Sandy

Posted: Apr 09, 2012

"The spine was treated with AP, PA fields using a couch-kick to stay off her mouth." Is this correct?  Can't find it anywhere. 

couch-kick - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like a possibility. Google references this in radiotherapy treatment.

Similar Messages:

Maybe The Suits Should All Kick In Half Their
Mar 08, 2014

They'd still have plenty left over for the lifestyle they've carved out for themselves. I bet Vern and Amy are having a good chuckle right now. ...

Regarding Psychiatry, Patient Was Feeling Ill With A Current *couch*??*count* Score Of 13. Nm
May 15, 2013

. ...

I Get Kind Of A Kick Out Of Reading This Board
Jan 07, 2014

because I keep thinking with as many unhappy, demoralized, uncaring, (I know they are all synonyms but they just fit so well!) MTs who don't give a crap about the work, the company or the quality that we are putting out and just trying to make a buck working out butts off, it can't be too long before these two monster companies go out of business and they have to bring our jobs back and that of course is what is going to really be SWEET!  They aren't going to be able to offsh ...

Word Sounds Like
Mar 23, 2010

sounds like piroroban... ...

Word Help Sounds Like Rhabdomyositis?
Jun 27, 2012

I am doing a cardiology consult and throughout the report the doctor is saying clearly "rhabdomyositis"  I cannot find it documented anywhere.  What do you think?  It is in the context of the sentence he stated:   but appears to be a skeletal muscle "rhabdomyositis" type pattern?  ...

Struggling With Word Sounds Like Eczemthematis?
May 01, 2012

struggling with word sounds like eczemthematis? sentence is "Extremities were found to be free of any ? (eczemthematis) changes. ...

Help. Word Sounds Like Bore-arick-me
Mar 09, 2013

I have no idea what it is in reference to.  Some of the surrounding sentences are He describes hypogeusia without frank dysgeusia.  He reports an increased frequency of stool.  He complains also of _____.  He notes that he has myalgias that are confined to his trunk.  No arthralgias and no peripheral myalgias. I hope that helps.  I'm just lost on this one. ...

Ophthalmology Word Sounds Like Secazer 50/50?
Dec 14, 2013

I am doing neuro-ophthalmology and it sounds like secazer 50/50???? I cannot find that word anywhere....HELP  thanks ...

Word Help - Sounds Like Nervacial Phase Or Face
Jul 29, 2011

Patient has osteroarthritis of the knee The question was on the musculoskeletal examination: Doctor states - There was tenderness to palpation mainly at the medial aspect of the knee.  There is no calf swelling or tenderness and the XXXXXX was intact.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellow MT's   ...

Otolaryngology Word Sounds Like "dikes Duos"
Mar 17, 2010

Word sounds like "dikes duos" ...

Ortho Word - It Sounds, Of All Things, Like "fliving" With ...
Sep 28, 2011

I've been doing orthopedic transcription since 1976, and this particular dictator since about 1998, so it's very seldom that I get stumped. "X-rays of both shoulders show severe DJD, bone on bone, _____ the humeral head, with large osteophyte formation." It sounds, of all things, like "fliving" with a long I sound, rhymes with "flying." Anybody got a clue? Thanks.... ...

Unclear Word Sounds Like "cougars"
Feb 14, 2013

"He had noted *(sounds like "cougars," or "tubers or") redness and swelling of the left first toe over the prior 3 days." I'm not finding any info on what this word could be. He has a toe ulcer and noticed inflammation. Still trying to figure this one out, but would appreciate any help if someone has any idea. Thank you! ...

Word Clearly Sounds Like "E Force." See Message....
Jul 01, 2013

This doctor clearly dictates the word, E force, but I can't document it anywhere.  He dictates it in the following sentences.  (1)  "He has no neurocognitive slowing.  E force consistent with medication compliance with the Xanax 0.5 mg b.i.d."  (2)  "He has a clear sensorium.  E force is checked." Thank you very much for your help.    ...

Word That Sounds Like "buffonium".
Feb 16, 2010

Here's the sentence: "She has a hoarse voice that is coarse in nature within the __________. " I've looked everywhere, under "buphonium",  "bouphonia", etc.  I'm stumped! ...

Word That Sounds Like "eek-e-ology"
Oct 09, 2013

I'm looking for a work that sounds like "eek-e-ology" regarding my MRI results.  I am not going back to this guy, so I'm not calling him to find out what he is talking about.  I'm waiting for my other appointment with a different dr.   This guy has a very heavy India accent and I can't figure out what his voice mail says, but here is part of it -  "... there was some spots. We don't know that due to headache or other "ee ...

Word Sounds Like "melon Potty" Or "melon Patty
Dec 21, 2009

Hi, Word sounds like "melon potty" or "melon patty Please reply as soon as possible. ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Help Please!!!Changing Comma To Period, Capping Next Word....in Word
Nov 07, 2014

Is there a way in AutoCorrect (Word 2010) to change a comma to a period and then cap the next word to make VR go a little faster?  The platform at my old company did this automatically, but MS Word does not : ( This is so frustrating having to change from a comma to a period (or vice versa)--which as you all know happens constantly...and then change the next word to be capitalized (or uncapped)....my wrists are killing me, not to mention it takes so much TIME..... There HAS to be a better ...

Help, Please! Changing Comma To Period And Capping Next Word In MS Word....
Nov 08, 2014

Is it possible to do this in MS Word 2010?  I'm using AutoCorrect and there isn't a way to do it that I know of.  What do all of you doing VR do for the CONSTANT having to change a comma to a period and cap the next word easily?  Any suggestions would be SOOOOO very appreciated.  ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

Longest Medical Word, Or Any Word Apparently
Jun 04, 2010

Just thought it was interesting.     pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:   pneu⋅mo⋅no⋅ul⋅tra⋅mi⋅cro⋅scop⋅ic⋅sil⋅i⋅co⋅ vol⋅ca⋅no⋅co⋅ni⋅o⋅sis   // //  /ˈnumÉ™noʊˌÊŒltrəËŒmaɪkrəËŒskÉ’pɪkˈsɪlɪËŒkoÊŠvÉ’lËŒkeɪnoʊËŒkoÊŠniˈoÊŠsɪs, ˈnyu-/ Show Spelled Pronu ...

Fox Transcribe, Can Copy And Paste From Word To Word Pad?
Jun 25, 2012

Can anyone who works with Fox Transcribe tell me if you can copy and paste from word to word pad? Since word pad does not have spell check OR auto correct, I wondered about that. Thank you!  ...

Using Word Separate But Similtaneously With Word Client 8
Aug 01, 2012

I have just started working in Dictaphone Word Client.  I have Word 2003.  When I open the Word Client it takes my own Word "hostage" and I cannot use it for other things.  Is there a way to separate the two, so that I can still use my Word when I need to while still working in Word Client? ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

Need To Convert Word 2013 To Word 2010
May 20, 2014

The MTSO that has hired me needs me to have Office 2010 Professional, whereas I have Office 2013 Professional.  They said the only reason 2013 won't work is because of the Word version.  I remember sometime back that there was a way to set your Word version to a previous version with the push of a button.  I've searched the internet for clues, but all I see are instructions for converting 2007 to 2003.  Nothing about converting 2013 to 2010.  If I can't ge ...

WORD 2010 - Right Click On A Word For Search
Jul 09, 2014

This may be one of those, "well, everybody knows that," or not? In my system: When in Word 2010 if you right click on a word a drop down pops up and you can click on "look up" and it goes to the internet and looks up these words and gives info in a box on the right.  Very helpful. ...

Not Sure If This Is A Word Or A Slang Word A Doctor Is Using
Dec 15, 2009

I am doing a diction of and Gasto Operative report on a patient who is having a End colostmy and Hartmann pouch resection! The doctor keeps dictating the work "parin"  Example:   Take down colostomy with segmental sigmoid resection and low pelvic EA stabled rectosigmoid anastomosis parin 31 mm end parin.   I have referenced this in many ways and still come up with nothing... Does anyone have  a clue what this is or what it means Thank you ...

Anyone Work For Word For Word Transcription?
Mar 14, 2010

Just have to vent.  I have been filling out applications for days.  I know MTSOs can set any requirements they want, but you would think that if there is a very specific requirement that instantly disqualifies some Medical Transcriptionists, that would be right up there at the top, BEFORE they ask you to sign in and answer a bunch of questions (including providing reference names and attaching a resume).  I did all that, and THEN, I got the following message: "Thank you for your ...