A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pt iwth brain cancer, dictated, "he had deficits in cranial nerves II, III, IV, VI V2" - How to type?

Posted: May 23, 2011

he had deficits in cranial nerves II, III, IV, VI V2.  In previous dictation, by a different doctor, it was dictated "cranial nerves II, III, IV, VI, and V branch 2"

JMO, I would type V1/V2 - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Cranial Nerves.....
Nov 10, 2009

I'm thinking the BOS says that both ways are acceptable.... am I wrong?   Cranial nerves II through XII. Cranial nerves 2-12.     ...

Cranial Nerves - Arabic Or Roman #s - ADHI?
May 20, 2010

I need documentation about cranial nerves.  Got QA edited from using roman numerals, i.e. cranial nerves II through XII versus cranial nerves 2 through 12.  According to my notes, either is okay, but QA said preferred way is 2 through 12, and I got "edited" for it.  Ugh. Anybody?  Thanks.  ...

Are Cranial Nerves No Longer Roman Numerals?
Feb 25, 2015

xx ...

Spanish Dictator. Cranial Nerves Exam - Smaller Right Pupil, No Ptosis, No Change In "sweating
Aug 15, 2014

x ...

Pt With Brain Cancer In Left Pons, The Right "bu Tane Um" And Bilateral
Dec 08, 2010

:) ...

In A Cancer Report, The Doctor Gave A Diagnosis Of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 Cancer
Jun 14, 2013

In a cancer report, the doctor gave a diagnosis of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 cancer.  Then she later said, He was staged as a pathological T4aN2a.  She added the a and dropped the M0.   I listened very carefully for the diagnosis and later in the problem list.  She does not add the a after the N2 in either place.    Does anyone know why it is N2a in one place but just N2 in the DX?  ...

Cranial Exam Help Please Sm
Aug 18, 2010

Cranial nerves intact.  Motor power symmetrical.  Normal gait.  Negative Romberg's test.  Normal cerebellar testing without dysmetria and dysdiadochokinesia.     Doc says "template neurologic normal.  Cranial nerves intact except for the hearing loss"  What part of this template would you take out.     This is a new doc for me.  Thanks ...

Maybe I'm Having Cranial Flatus....Retro-ly
Aug 04, 2011

I am doing an OP report that is not a strict verbatim and is able to be corrected to best English.  The dictator says:  Tibial guide retrocut was placed, drilled, and then reamed "retro-ly".  He stumbled around a bit before settling on "retro-ly" because he, too, knew that couldn't be correct, but he, like me, has blanked on what the heck it should be.  Plantar is plantarly, lateral is laterally....what does retro become?  Does it just get stretched out to retrograd ...

Basal Versus Basilar Cistern In Cranial CT
Nov 17, 2009

In a cranial CT I have always transcribed "basal" cistern, but in the report I have, the doctor clearly is stating "basilar" cistern.  The Stedman's electronic dictionary I have shows "basal" cistern also.  Can someone tell me which is correct, or are they interchangeable?  Thank you. ...

In Cranial Nerve Exam Patient Has *cysgingeal* Hyperplasia?? Thanks. Nm
Apr 01, 2011

nm ...

Gleason 4+5=9 With 1 Out Of 1 Cores Containing Cancer "linked" Of Cancer Was 0.35 Cm
Jun 30, 2010

Gleason score 4 + 5 = 9 involving 35% of the specimen, 1 out of 1 cores contained cancer, linx of cancer was 0.35 cm.  She says the linked or linx twice in the document.  ?? ...

How Does The Dictated:
Apr 23, 2014

become "gorilla wrestling" by ASR?? Sick of wading through this slop. ...

And I Only Put The Clearly Dictated Ones On Here
Jun 22, 2015

ASR: She will remain on per Dageforde under the direction of She will remain on Pradaxa under the direction of ...

Cranial Nerve Exam- No Abnormal "sigh-cat-ick" Movement
Jun 08, 2010

nm ...

Bladder Tumor, "cranial/clanial" To The Rt Orifice Sm
Jun 18, 2015

There were two small areas of recurrence, each less than 1 cm, one in the right bladder wall, s/l "cranial/clanial" to the right orifice.  He is stuttering/changing his mind, which makes it even worse. My first thought was clinging, but I hear "ial or eal" at the end.  Thanks!  ...

Lab Dictated 7.6 Thousand???
Aug 24, 2010

nm ...

Pay By Dictated Minute-sm
Apr 05, 2011

Anyone get paid by dictated minute -- How profitable is it for you?  Considering options?  is there a catch? ...

Pay Per Dictated Hour
Apr 07, 2011

Does anyone know how $1.00 per dictated minute compares to cents per line? Is this good pay? ...

Dictated: He Reports Doing Very Well.
Feb 07, 2012

nm ...

$1.20 Per Dictated Minute
Mar 21, 2012

Hi All:    I was looking at a job posting, but they pay as stated above.  I have never worked for anyone that pays like this.  Does anyone know what this would average out to be per line based on 65 space?  It is not Radiology. ...

A Doctor Just Dictated The Following:
Mar 07, 2015

"I instructed the overnight ER resident to place a Foley; that was not placed and this morning the patient was incontinent of urine"  He goes on to describe his disappointed in how neglectful this was, etc.... which it WAS, but humans make mistakes..... So, do you think that resident got his pay cut by 1000 dollars for that (I'm making it relative).....I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!!!!  Shoot, this could be a really good way hospitals could save money!!  By counting on the inevitable m ...

S/l "Yeoman's 7th Cranial Nerve Palsy."
Oct 21, 2009

I have a doc who sounds like he is saying "YEOMAN'S 7th cranial nerve palsy."  He has used it before.  I cannot figure it out or find it (all I come up with is Bell's, and that is not what he is saying) and it has never been corrected on feedback, so apparently the editors don't know it, either.  He has a strong middle eastern accent so this may be throwing me off.  Any suggestions  would be much appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Sentence Help? This Is Typed As Dictated
Feb 15, 2010

41-year-old woman with recurrent spells associated with headaches, long-term video EEG monitoring suggests these are nonepileptic seizures, and a patient with a history of depression and suffered a poor history of childhood abuse.     this sentence seems all wrong, yet I try to break it up and to me what I type looks wrong as well.  ...

Sentence Help?? Typed As Dictated.
Feb 18, 2010

Unfortunately, MRI does show the possibility of discogenic source of pain, but also epidural fibrosis. The latter is worrisome given source of pain below her legs.   this does not look right at all to me. maybe " MRI does show the possibility of a discogenic source of pain and also epidural fibrosis"  ? ...

Blood Pressure Clearly Dictated Of 106/21?
Jul 13, 2010

Patient with a blood pressure clearly dictated of 106/21?  Might have to leave blank. ...

Respiratory Rate Dictated As 28/40. That Can't Be Right, Can It?
Jan 18, 2012

Patient is a disheveled middle-aged male, alert and oriented x3. Moderately ill in appearance.  He dehydrated.  Blood pressure 129/63.  Pulse, 92. Respiratory rate of 28/40 ...

Too Funny...just Had An ARNP That Dictated...smg
Jul 23, 2012

"The patient has an RV systolic pressure of 25 millimeters of hemoglobin."  (meaning, of course, mmHg).    Lordy, where do they get these people?  Well, at least it gave me a badly needed chuckle. ...

Dictated As Suprailiac Port
May 02, 2014

Two 8-mm robotic trocars were placed in the lateral port, a 5-mm trocar on the right suprailiac port. (not able to document suprailiac port). ...

Is It Better To Get Paid Per Dictated Minute Or Per Line?
Jan 15, 2010

Have an interview on Wednesday and just noticed they pay per dictated minute.  Not sure how that works exactly.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Transcribe Headings In Order Dictated?
Dec 05, 2010

I see this now at the top of some reports.  Anyone have any idea what this means exactly?  I remember reading about it in the DQS 6.1 update, but my screen looks nothing like that.  I've just been transcribing as usual.  ????  Am I missing something? ...