A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Women in the workplace including MTs! - anon

Posted: Jun 27, 2011

Okay ladies...I have only been reading this forum for a few months now.  I am about to stay as far from here as some of the MTSOs out there.  For the most part, this forum is not the supportive place I had hoped it would be.  This forum is mostly depressing.  We don't build each other up here - we tear each other down, as if that is not done enough in the work place.  This place has got to be one of the worst for being so incredibly petty, stabby, over sensitive, catty, nasty boards at times that I have ever seen.  It reminds me why I do not work in an office and why for the most part (with very few exceptions thank God) I do not work for women.  We really never will have a "community" or accomplish much of anything to help this industry (or personally in my opnion in this world) if this crap doesn't stop.  Women cannot work together, be good friends or help each other out because it just has to end up just like this has, with very few exceptions.  Venting is one thing.  Attacking each other is ridiculous and completely childish - notice I said that attacking is childish, not the person is childish.  I am a firm believer in everyone has a right to one's opinion and a discussion is just that.  These aren't discussions.  In discussions, people can respectfully agree to disagree.  This is never going to happen here because people have to attack each other.  Decide not to like SOME THING, not SOMEONE.  Can we all take a good look at whether we are part of the problem or part of the solution before we post next time?  Please...

Well said. - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]

I agree to disagree - FL MLS

[ In Reply To ..]
My experience is very different here. These forums have been very helpful about different things such as companies, books, etc. Oh I agree some posts are not so good, but I have a good filter and take what I need and leave the rest. I also disagree about working with women. I have always had good experiences with working with other women. Maybe it is because I fancy them. I am thinking of moving to New York and getting married.

FL MLS - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad you have had a good experience, and I agree some things are helpful. What I was trying to get across is some of the posts and replies to each other on here get way too out of hand and this is a typical thing with women. I have a couple of past bosses that I still am great friends with, but that is because they were not the catty, nasty type. They can respect each others differences and even enjoy them. Differences are a good thing. If everyone was the same and had the same opinion, it would be a boring life to live. No one would really ever learn anything new - everyday would always be like a Groundhog Day. P.S. Who knows, if New York can pass it, maybe there will be another state right behind it - hope for some day...

catty, nasty type - FL MLS

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess there is always going to be some people you like working with and others you donât. I am lucky in the fact that I have been able to keep a distance from the type of people that rub me the wrong way. I remember when I was a waitress and calling my boss (a foreign male) asking him âwho are the cooks todayâ? Because if these two cooks (also foreign males) worked together they were quite abusive to me. He said they were there. I said well I will not be working today. I am sick. He said. âYou cannot do that, this it is a Sundayâ. I said âI cannot work when those two are together they are abusiveâ. He said he would talk to them and the abuse stopped for the most part. About the catty, nasty types on these boards. This is my entertainment for the most part. Sort of like those shows Housewives of (you pick the state) since I have to be in my office working and not watching TV.

Hey!! I know a boatload of men who must be acting like - women!!

[ In Reply To ..]

LIKE **thumbs up*** (nm) - needsalikebutton!

[ In Reply To ..]
asdfaesf

By putting down women like you do... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
It makes you no better. It's sad that you have such a low opinion of them.

Taken with a grain of salt - RoseS

[ In Reply To ..]
I take it all with a grain of salt, especialy the job board. Those who are happy with their job aren't the ones complaining. For every 1 complainer, there is at least 2 happy people. When our department was "displaced," I chose not to take another position within the facility because I did not want to be exposed to all the complaining. No one could find a perfect job, even if they worked for themselves! I love being a transcriptionist, and I hope I am a blessing to the company I work for.

Women in the workplace - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Please do not sexually stereotype the profession. A lot of are guys and (sadly to say) we can be as mean and nasty as the gals. It is not a gender issue but a humanity issue.

stereotype... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't mean to stereotype at all. But as I am female, my interactions in the catty, nasty capacity seem to be more with women, although I have know of a few men that could seriously give women a run for their money, lol. I was trying to promote this as really more of an MT issue on this board (just didn't say men as well because I don't usually run into a lot of men here), as their are lots of complaints about poor treatment by the MTSOs and "suits", but good Lord there is some hatefulness on this board towards each other, and just because of a differing opinion. I just feel like as a group, male/female MTs, if you will, we need to be more supportive of each other and not run each other into the ground personally. Disagreeing or having strong opinion about SOMETHING is very understandable and very acceptable in a discussion or debate, but insulting and degrading SOMEONE is not. The comments made may be annoying, misinformed, even downright dumb by opinion, but it doesn't make the person stating a different opinion dumb or whatever horrible thing that is being said about them.

oh you haven't seen anything yet....you should visit - the political board. LOL (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Anon - you get it! - Thanks for saying it.

[ In Reply To ..]
Enough said.

I agree anon! - not so negative nelly!

[ In Reply To ..]
This website seems to consist of a group of people who, instead of working, waste their time tearing people apart whom they do not even know. A simple question from someone can lead to multiple posts from people telling her she is stupid, doesn't know how to do her job, and shouldn't be in the industry at all. It is a shame that these people have the kind of time to waste coming down on other people instead of trying to help people who need it. It is one of the most negative websites I have ever come across. I have been in transcription for many, many years and many of the things that are said about the industry are true, but I certainly don't take it out on the people who post here. I see so many complaining about how they are not making money. Maybe if they were working instead of abusing people on this website, they could increase their paychecks.

Similar Messages:

TURP In Women?
Jan 26, 2011

Can a woman have a TURP?  This is a woman and it says she had a TURP and was found to have muscle invasive disease? ...

Women Make Better Doctors Than Men
Oct 18, 2013

Women Make Better Doctors Than Men A gender divide in a field that was once overwhelmingly male By Jeffrey KlugerOct. 17, 20134 Comments         in Share17  Read Later Getty Images  Email    Print Share   Comment  Follow@TIMEHealthland At least that’s what a recent study of diabetic patients found. But the boys shouldn’t pack up their doctor kits yet. In a new r ...

Oprah Show About Women & Poverty (sm)
Mar 29, 2014

See link below for more info.  I think many who have not had personal experience surviving poverty would benefit from watching this.  ...

Pt Had Postop Complications S/l R THA Including
Nov 20, 2010

x ...

Pt Has Had Significant GI Issues Including S/l Bee-sa-lor
Feb 28, 2012

x ...

It Appears That Many, Many Including Myself Is Not Happy..
Dec 04, 2014

It appears that nobody is happy about this new payment system, including myself.  The question is what do we do about.  Everybody quitting and finding another job is not going to solve the problem.  If MTs accept and take this type of pay system, it then sets the stage for other companies to start paying the same.  Is this even legal?  Are they allowed to pay us on performance?  How do remote MTs form together to make a difference if they really want to?? ...

He Exercises Regularly, Including Swearing For An Hour Every Day.
Sep 10, 2014

should be "swimming." ...

Check Rheumatology Labs, Including Rheumatoid Factor, Anti-CCP
Sep 08, 2010

This patient could possibly have gout, fibromyalgia, OA, RA, psoriasis...among other possibilities.  "Check rheumatology labs, including rheumatoid factor, anti-CCP, ANA, sed rate, CRP, CMP, CBC, Lyme.  The patient had a s/l 'dipsticks all the time.'  Check an ACE."  The doctor did pause after "had a" so that may not be part of the sentence.  In that case, it sounds kind of like, "The patient gets sticks all the time."  I'm not sure if either makes sense.  She does mention ...

Bilateral Knee X-ray Today Including A S/l Rosen View, Erosion View Show...
Aug 23, 2011

. ...