A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lower extremity exam- digital hair? - cp

Posted: Feb 25, 2011

Is there a type of lower extremity exam that would be done called digital hair?  It s/l hair!

DP and PT pulses are palpable bilateral.  Positive digital (hair) bilateral.  There are no lesions or lacerations noted bilateral.  Normal skin color, texture, and turgor bilateral. 

It's an exam for a bunion deformity.

Thanks.

Digital....meaning the toes...hair on the toes..nm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

does that make sense? - cp

[ In Reply To ..]
Is that something found on examination? Sounds strange!

I've actually... sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
typed those very words. When you said extremity exam, I knew what you meant. If there is no hair on the toes, the patient could have diabetes and/or circulatory issues. The digits are toes, so digital... : )
Thanks! It just sounds so strange! - cp
[ In Reply To ..]
x

eww, I can't stand hairy toes or hairy knuckles!/nm - ttmt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm/

Similar Messages:

Exam Of The Lower Extremity Reveals S/l Fry-berg Deformity
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

Upper And Lower Extremity Exam-sounds Like "crunch" Test?
Dec 12, 2009

upper and lower extremity exam-sounds like "crunch" test? ...

Lower Extremity Examination
Jan 08, 2010

The lower extremities show marked peripheral varicosities.  There are also some excoriated lesions of the lower extremities with some mild scarring secondary to __s/l "thorabnitis". Any ideas?  This M.D. has a tendency to make up words, so he could be saying something totally different than how it sounds. Thanks  ...

Duplex Lower Extremity Bilateral?
Nov 27, 2009

Does anyone know if this is suppose to read "duplex lower extremity bilateral?" ...

Bilateral Lower Extremity VS. Bilateral Lower Extremities
Oct 18, 2012

Hi all, There is a discrepancy with the proper use of this - can anyone help? Some at my work are saying it should be bilateral lower extremities, whereas others think it is bilateral lower extremity since the "bilateral" implies that it's plural and hence no need to say "lower extremities." I've seen it both ways, but the more that I think about it the more I'm getting myself confused. Any input would be greatly appreciated! ...

Pediatric Extremity Exam
Aug 10, 2013

Lower extremity exam of 4-year-old with cerebral palsy.  "Negative Thomas. Negative s/l collie-azi". Thanks for any help ...

Lower-extremity Wound Care-S/L "Jello-O" Cast
Dec 15, 2013

I can't seem to find this listed anywhere.  It sounds pretty clear...does anyone know the correct spelling or does the dictator actually mean "Jell-O"-?!  ...

PUNCTUATION?: RIGHT LOWER EXTREMITY EXPLORATION SAPHENOUS VEIN HARVEST LEFT LEG REVERSE SAPHENOUS V
Jun 20, 2010

x ...

Lower Extremity "dot Flow Or Dop Full" Evaluation
May 10, 2010

The patient just had a femoropopliteal bypass, and they are considering the same for the other leg.  Thanks.  ...

S/l "les-a-icks" Test. Lower Extremity Concentration.
Jun 11, 2010

Any ideas? I am not as familiar with this area. I don't even know what to google anymore. :( ...

"unresting" Of A Bulla, Left Lower Extremity
May 16, 2013

Thank you very much!!! ...

Left Lower Extremity "prosalite"?
Apr 05, 2011

I can't seem to get a good sound out of this.  Any clues? ...

Ortho Physical Question On Extremity Exam
Aug 18, 2010

Apprehension on patellar tracking with increased Q-angle, positive ____ and crepitus and positive grind test.    s/l chase sign or just chase    Thank you for any help. ...

EXam Of The Spine Reveals No S/l *hair Or Cutaneous* Lesions. ??
Apr 08, 2011

I've asked the doctor's office to verify this before but they never got back to me.  tia   ...

Physical Exam. "Head Showing S/l Hair A Timbo
Dec 01, 2009

. ...

Physical Exam: DTRs Equal 2+ 4 Upper And Lower Extremities.
Jun 20, 2010

Unsure how to correctly type the 2+ 4.  Does she mean 2+/4??  Thanks for helping. ...

On Exam, There Is 2+ S/l "Barnigs" Extremity Edema Bilaterally.
May 27, 2010

a ...

Examination Of The Hair...
Mar 15, 2010

what heading would you put that under? skin? HEENT? or what? kind of silly question I guess, but I just want to make sure. (Patient has thinning hair, btw) thanks ...

Hair Capsulorrhexis???
May 27, 2011

is this correct? ever heard of this? ...

Tearing My HAIR OUT!!!!!!
Nov 11, 2012

Can this system be any slower???????????????? This is killing our line count!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring back American tech support!!! ...

Hair Question
Apr 15, 2013

I have a pretty odd sentence, but I couldn't really hear him well: The hair pole reveals about 50% telogen and androgen hairs. Any idea if pole is right and if androgen is right?  ...

I'm Tearing My Hair Out...
Dec 07, 2013

WHY did our stupid ASR start putting in mm of mercury for mmHg?  Didn't we have enough corrections to make before this?  ...

Tearing My Hair Out
Jun 24, 2014

Worst report ever!!!! Sound quality was pure crap.  I have NEVER had a report with so many blanks with a total of 65.  Sent to QA and wondering if they even tried to listen and fiill in any of  the blanks as they were all still there when I looked at it.  SISO.  How much worse can this dictatior get?  I did let my TSM know of this deplorable report.  Enough for ventiing. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Extremity Or Extremities
Apr 18, 2012

Which is correct?   Has bilateral lower extremity edema. Has bilateral lower extremities edema.   Thanks! ...

Hair Zone Pillows???
Jun 17, 2011

I swear the doc is saying "hair zone" pillows.  Here is the sentence in its entirety: Patient is on a pressure redistribution surface already, to be turned q.2 h., elevator "hair zone" pillows. It's probably something really simple and I'm going to feel so silly.  ...

Please Help....ready To Pull My Hair Out...
Jul 19, 2011

It sounds as if the dictator is saying "necrotic syndrome"  however, everything popping up in search is nephrotic syndrome.....this is going all the way through the report...I have slowed the dictator down and listened carefully and she continues to sound as if she is saying necrotic...is the such a syndrome?   thank you in advance for any help. ...

Turgerin Hair Growth
Apr 02, 2013

I need help with s/l turgerin hair growth ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Miracle D For Hair Growth?
Sep 17, 2010

It sounds like the dr. is saying Miracle D and it's supposedly and OTC hair growth aide.  I can't get it to come up online or anywhere else I've looked. ...

READY TO PULL MY HAIR OUT. I Just Finished A
Jul 01, 2011

79.79 minute job by an intern who gave a day-by-day account of a 3-week hospital stay.  She repeated the same things over and over and over.  I HATE THOSE KINDS OF JOBS!!!!!!!!! ...