A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Chest is clear bilaterally.... ??? deformity - ER consultation question

Posted: Aug 22, 2012

Help!  It sounds like chest is clear bilaterally......??? deformity.  Heart: Regular rate and rhythm, etc.  

Any input with a standard phrase for an emergency department consultation that says the above?   Thanks so much for any help.

consultation question - jan2

[ In Reply To ..]
We need a "sounds like."

Could be "without" deformity.

Could be "pectus excavatum"

Could be "pectus carinatum."

Could be anything.

there is no standard phrase - what does it sound like?

[ In Reply To ..]

Please read :) - maybe s/l thorax?

[ In Reply To ..]
okay - it sounds like "chest is clear bilaterally. Thorax no deformity?? or thorax without severe deformity??" -it is very muffled but that is what it possibly sounds like. Is there a standard phrase close to that? Thanks in advance....

No barrel chest deformity - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

thanks - you are right

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks

Similar Messages:

Cerumen Impaction Bilaterally Vs Cerumen Impactions Bilaterally
Jun 07, 2011

The doctor dictates cerumen impactions bilaterally.  Is it correct to type cerumen impaction, bilaterally? Thanks ...

Has Candles Bilaterally?
Mar 04, 2011

In the physical exam section, the doctor is dictating on the extremities.  He says what sounds like "Extremities have candles bilaterally, but no pretibial edema." ...

Myotome Bilaterally
May 17, 2011

Good morning everybody.  This is a new one for me (both doctor and word!).  PT had L4-5 microdiscectomy,.  In the objective doc says:  She does have 4/5 strength of the right anterior tibialis and right extensor hallucis longus.  This was present preoperatively as well, and she has 5/5 strength the  __ and monotones bilaterally.   The blank s/l "eld" so i think he is cutting off part of this word and I don't have a clue.  Anyone have a suggestion ...

Bilaterally Central Headache?
Aug 23, 2012

Is there such a thing as a bilaterally central headache?  I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this ESL doctor, but I can't figure out what else she might be saying that sounds like this. Thanks so much for your help! ...

Patient Has Some S/l Vomis Behind The Ears Bilaterally
Dec 23, 2009

This sounds like vomis/vaumis/volmis/volmus OR it could be a phomis sound.  Or maybe it begins with an "F." God only knows.  This is for an infant with a lot of dry skin during the physical exam.  What does this poor child have?? ...

On Funduscopic Exam, S/l Dno Shot Bilaterally. Nm
Sep 20, 2010

. ...

Superfical "pericalcies' Bilaterally
Mar 25, 2011

Superfical s/l "pericalcies' bilaterally in lower extremeties. Thank you for your help. ...

Patient Had A Percutaneous S/l Tympanotomy Of The Adductors Bilaterally - ??
Jan 04, 2010

x ...

Dramatic S/l Hallacis Of The Upper Lids Bilaterally Nm
Mar 02, 2010

On slit-lamp examination of the lids and lashes, there is prominent dramatic hallacis of the upper lids bilaterally. ...

Deformity
Apr 09, 2013

Minimal external __________ deformity is appreciated.  It was an injury to the wrist. ...

S/l Claw Deformity
Nov 09, 2009

Does claw deformity fit here?   The patient presents today for her flexor digitorum longus tenotomy.  She continues to have pain in her distal first toe with a s/l claw deformity, status post forefoot surgery. tia. ...

Fracture Deformity
Apr 06, 2011

Patient has a distal one-third radial shaft fracture.  Dr. says... at that time, if she continues to undergo a s/l K-type deformity, surgical intervention may be necessary. Thank you in advance... ...

Ortho Help. S/l Co-zin's Deformity SM
Dec 27, 2011

Two-year-old patient with a a nondisplaced proximal tibia fracture.  It is possible to develop a s/l Co-Zin's deformity but this will likely correct over time. ...

Toenail Deformity
Nov 29, 2013

Doctor says, "patient presents with an unguium and curvatum deformity of the left great toenail.  Is "curvatum" spelled this way? ...

She Has Almost A S/l Peroban Chin Deformity...
Jan 26, 2010

Baby with PHACES syndrome and small airway.  Dictating doc is a dermatologist ...

Swan Neck Deformity
Oct 18, 2010

Is there a hyphen between swan and neck? ...

Hallux Valgus Deformity
Jun 07, 2011

Is it possible for a doctor to list this as HUV deformity and not HV deformity?   ...

Humpback Deformity With Secondary *s/l DC*?
May 17, 2012

"There is a humpback deformity with secondary *DC*" Patient has a scaphoid fracture. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Ludwig's Deformity Of The Biceps
Jun 10, 2012

deformity of the proximal biceps with long head rupture and positive "Ludwig's" deformity. I cannot find document Ludwig's. Has anyone heard of it? ...

S/l Hanford Valgus Deformity
Jun 09, 2013

Doc says it in 2 places but  I still cannot document.  The ankle is externally rotated - so possibly hindfoot valgus???   Thanks! ...

S/l Hiltsax Deformity, Glenohumeral Joint (nm)
Nov 04, 2009

. ...

S/l Tergium Regarding Leg Deformity Needing Amputation
Dec 30, 2009

...told her that at this point with the amount of deformity there in the terguim that she has on the left side, that correction of this leg might be very difficult. This is a newborn baby patient. ...

Bone Deformity In Radius And Ulna
Apr 19, 2010

it s/l natalung's deformity. ...

Help! Patient Has Severe RA And S/l Win Suf Deformity Of Pelvis? Nm
Jun 08, 2012

.. ...

We Discussed The Possibility Of A S/l Cozen's Deformity (orthopedics)
Apr 11, 2012

We also discussed the possibility of a Cozen's deformity. I have encouraged mom to seek follow up if she notices any asymmetry between his legs. ...

DX - Right Wrist Scapholunate Ligament Tear With S/l DCDISI Deformity. ? Tia Nm
Dec 14, 2009

x ...

Exam Of His Feet Reveals S/l Navis Cavus Deformity.
Apr 23, 2010

x ...

Exam Of The Lower Extremity Reveals S/l Fry-berg Deformity
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

Podiatry Help, Hammertoe Deformity With Painful Plantar HVK (hallux Valgus What?) Sm
Jan 14, 2010

I could be wrong on the *K* in the HVK but sounds pretty clear.  ...

CT Chest
Mar 19, 2010

Technique:  Please note that this protocol is limited designed specifically for evaluation of the lung and s/l Turse disease???? ...