A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Mental block with L4-5 and 5-1? Is it L5 T1 - lindawordlady

Posted: Jul 16, 2010

He is definitely saying L4-5 and 5-1 and I am thinking it is L5, T1?  What else could it be.  Says this many times for the OP note.   Thanks for any help!!

Beneath the lumbar spine is the sacral spine, so it would be L5-S1 - Oracle n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Once again to my rescue Oracle... thanks so much - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just gonna post that I thought it was L5-S1. See what a mental block does? Thanks again. I can always trust this board and for that I am grateful!!

You're welcome. We all get 'cerebral flatus' now and then!! - Oracle n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Mental Nodes?
Jan 01, 2010

Patient has toothache.  On physical exam, HEENT - maxillary region has swelling and tenderness, no erythema noted, sl "no mental nodes."  Please help. ...

Help On Mental Status.
Nov 07, 2011

Help. I am missing a word in this section "Her speech was normal rate and on volume ___ and latency." It sounds like she is saying prosey. Thanks for the help.  ! ...

Do Any Of You Ever Take A Mental Health Day
Mar 28, 2012

I just feel like calling up the CCM and saying, "I just cannot type 1 more word today." I dont want to let her down, or let the work get behind, but I just need a break today. ...

Mental Exam
Oct 07, 2012

Am transcribing a psychiatric evaluation and am sure doc is saying under symptoms of PTSD, that patient suffers from nightmares and hypervision. I can't find hypervison anywhere, and no, it is not hypervigilance. Is anyone familar with hypervison? ...

Mental Disorder In Child
Jun 04, 2010

The patient is 17 and has a longstanding history of "s/l trigluterimania"...she is also anxious. any ideas? TIA ...

Mental Status Examination
Apr 08, 2011

Cannot quite make out if dictator is saying, "form of thought disorganized"  or "formal thought disorganized".  I believe it would be form of thought......any ideas anyone????  Thanks. ...

Mental Status Exam Help. SM TIA
May 31, 2012

On mental status exam, patient was appropriately dressed and without signs of s/l *habicturation*.   I think I'm hearing deterioration in there but could not quite figure out the rest of it. =( ...

Mental Health Supplement Name
Jun 03, 2012

Patient was recently diagnosed with moderately advanced Alzheimer's dementia with no other dianoses known at this time.  He was brought into the facility with a list of meds.  He is on a mental health supplement that is dictated as "memory glow".  I am not finding it anywhere and doc sounded unsure when dictating it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Here is the list of meds: Calcium 600mg b.i.d. Furosemide 20mg every morning. Lipoflavonoid plus caplet ...

Mental Status Exam
Dec 11, 2014

Psychomotorly restless.  Is this a word? ...

Mini Mental Status Exam
Jan 19, 2010

Dr. clearly says "mini mental status exam" can the Mini Mental State Examination be referred to as status? and should it be caps? or is it okay mini-mental state exam? (or status) ...

Umm... Why Dont These Mental Midgets Realize That
Mar 04, 2010

is the DICTATORS?!   THEY are the ones being sloppy and negligent, not the MT who is trying like hell to understand what on earth they're saying.   If hospitals had to pay a premium to get the dictation of their sloppy-guys transcribed, maybe they'd think twice about hiring them in the first place.  ...

Mental Status Exam Axis I
Nov 02, 2011

Mental status review, axis I diagnosis sounds like "frontal auget disorder, mild" or "formal augete disorder, mild?"  I could be way off but that is what it sounds like??? Any help??? Thanks!   ...

Mental Health Insurance Coverage
Mar 10, 2014

If you would not mind sharing, I would please like to ask what type of insurance coverage you have for mental health, such as seeing a psychologist/therapist.  I live in Missouri and work in an office.  My son sees a therapist while away at school for depression and my insurance here will pay 80% - after a $650 deductible.  If you would not mind to share, I am interested in knowing if others have a similar insurance plan.  They say that mental health is not "healthcare," ...

Block 1
Oct 24, 2009

Does this make sense? The specimens are submitted in block 1.  ...

In Mental Status Exam, Dictator Says (s/l) Electrothymic
Mar 06, 2014

In mental status portion of a psychiatric H&P, dictator states "He is mildly electrothymic".  Tried to hear "euthymic" but he is saying electrothymic very clearly.  Thank you for any help. ...

Mental Status Exam - No Tics Or S/l Seriodapies
Nov 12, 2014

Can't find what I'm hearing - seriodapies ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of Rib Block?
Jan 28, 2010

I am typing a repair of ventral hernia with mesh implant.  I finished with the report but need help ASAP with the blank.  (Rib block)  Thanks to all for help in advance.   Thanks ...

NEM Surgical Block?
Apr 27, 2012

The patient had a cyst excised with with careful excision of the capsule of the cyst, s/l NEM block, and sent for pathological evaluation.  ...

Does Anyone Know How To Block Certain Emails?
May 07, 2014

I would rather not receive emails from FIASCO and would like to block them. Is that possible? Their nastygrams cause me to make MORE mistakes, not less. When are they going to realize the damaging psychology behind this charade? ...

Bilateral S/l Palm O Mental Release (reflex Exam) N/m
Oct 12, 2009

n/m ...

CHOP Fascicular Block
Feb 25, 2010

Never heard of this ... "CHOP" fascicular block ...

AV Block, Number Types
Jan 30, 2012

I know that Mobitz type AV block is always expressed in roman numerals- but with just AV block types I, II, etc. is that also correctly expressed in roman numerals?  I always thought yes but have a coworker here saying no.  Just want to get a definitive answer.  Thanks! ...

Hypogastric Nerve Block
Jun 01, 2012

SL ... "alar clot"  "This was done while injecting a small alar clot of 1% Lidocaine to anesthetize the tract."   Thanks!     ...

Well I Am Finally On The Chopping Block
Jul 23, 2012

I was told last Friday that if my score is not 99% for the next pay period I will be terminated. This last pay period I had a 98.6% score. So if I don't reach 99 that will be it. Funny how that is the same time that my account marchs off to a foreign country! I love my job!  : ) loved, I mean! : ( ...

Head On The Chopping Block Again
Aug 28, 2012

I failed a quality audit.  I have 3-4 weeks to confess my sins, repent and start bleating their praises.  Interestingly, I just got a letter from my MModal life insurance that says it was canceled and is addressed "Dear terminated employee."  A prophecy of things to come?    Still, I find it oddly depressing.  How does MModal manage to birng me down after so long?  You would think I would be totally immune to it by now.  I know all the logical defenses: ...

Having Writers Block.. Is It Symmetric Or Symmetrical
Nov 05, 2009

Face is symmetrical. ...

1-to-1 Mixture Or One-to-one Mixturundle Branch Block Nm
Jan 07, 2010

x ...

Block-style Vertical List
Sep 20, 2011

Does anyone have a sample of this?  I think it should just be: 1.    Hello 2.    Goodbye 3.    Etc. However, when I attempt to look it up, it seems much more complicated.    ...

Atrial Ventricular Block Question
Feb 21, 2012

There is a first-degree atrial ventricular block.  There is one beat with a variant conduction, perhaps an intermittent right bundle branch block.  Does this make sense?  Thanks.   ...

I Love Working For Nuance And Have Been Around The Block
Sep 25, 2013