A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

In mental status exam, dictator says (s/l) electrothymic - robbie

Posted: Mar 06, 2014

In mental status portion of a psychiatric H&P, dictator states "He is mildly electrothymic".  Tried to hear "euthymic" but he is saying electrothymic very clearly.  Thank you for any help.

alexithymic - nymt

[ In Reply To ..]
Probably alexithymic (meaning unable to describe symptoms).

nice one! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Perfect example of the difference between "he's clearly saying" versus "what I HEAR."

Perfect example...... - vtbt12

[ In Reply To ..]
Perfect example of the difference between someone helpful versus someone so petty that she would actually take the time to post a snarky little comment, and all because an MT misheard what she thought the doctor was clearly saying.
I really didnt take it that she was trying to be - snarky
[ In Reply To ..]
How many times have you been "sure" of what you heard until you found out what he "really said" and then you can hear it clearly? I know that has happened to me. I didn't take her remark as snarky at all.
thanks - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Indeed, there was no snark intended. Sometimes we can get stuck when we think something is "clearly" being said. This thread was a good chance to exemplify this phenomenon. I wasn't really expecting a browbeating. Thanks for your support.
I didn't mean it that way AT ALL (!) - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I have found that it's really important to remember that what I am hearing is not necessarily what they are "definitely" saying. I have helped lots of MTs by sharing this suggestion. It was not a "snarky little comment" in the least. If I could have helped, I would have. The answer was a new one for me.
Most people understood what - you meant
[ In Reply To ..]
and did not think it was snarky. However, there will always be those who seek offense where none is offered or intended and will twist whatever they see to fulfill their need for outrage. Just ignore them. They are sad and miserable and are trying to drag everyone else down with them.

Similar Messages:

Mental Status Exam Help. SM TIA
May 31, 2012

On mental status exam, patient was appropriately dressed and without signs of s/l *habicturation*.   I think I'm hearing deterioration in there but could not quite figure out the rest of it. =( ...

Mental Status Exam
Dec 11, 2014

Psychomotorly restless.  Is this a word? ...

Mini Mental Status Exam
Jan 19, 2010

Dr. clearly says "mini mental status exam" can the Mini Mental State Examination be referred to as status? and should it be caps? or is it okay mini-mental state exam? (or status) ...

Mental Status Exam Axis I
Nov 02, 2011

Mental status review, axis I diagnosis sounds like "frontal auget disorder, mild" or "formal augete disorder, mild?"  I could be way off but that is what it sounds like??? Any help??? Thanks!   ...

Mental Status Exam - No Tics Or S/l Seriodapies
Nov 12, 2014

Can't find what I'm hearing - seriodapies ...

Help On Mental Status.
Nov 07, 2011

Help. I am missing a word in this section "Her speech was normal rate and on volume ___ and latency." It sounds like she is saying prosey. Thanks for the help.  ! ...

Mental Status Examination
Apr 08, 2011

Cannot quite make out if dictator is saying, "form of thought disorganized"  or "formal thought disorganized".  I believe it would be form of thought......any ideas anyone????  Thanks. ...

Mental Exam
Oct 07, 2012

Am transcribing a psychiatric evaluation and am sure doc is saying under symptoms of PTSD, that patient suffers from nightmares and hypervision. I can't find hypervison anywhere, and no, it is not hypervigilance. Is anyone familar with hypervison? ...

Bilateral S/l Palm O Mental Release (reflex Exam) N/m
Oct 12, 2009

n/m ...

Spanish Dictator. Cranial Nerves Exam - Smaller Right Pupil, No Ptosis, No Change In "sweating
Aug 15, 2014

x ...

Mental Nodes?
Jan 01, 2010

Patient has toothache.  On physical exam, HEENT - maxillary region has swelling and tenderness, no erythema noted, sl "no mental nodes."  Please help. ...

Mental Block With L4-5 And 5-1? Is It L5 T1
Jul 16, 2010

He is definitely saying L4-5 and 5-1 and I am thinking it is L5, T1?  What else could it be.  Says this many times for the OP note.   Thanks for any help!! ...

Do Any Of You Ever Take A Mental Health Day
Mar 28, 2012

I just feel like calling up the CCM and saying, "I just cannot type 1 more word today." I dont want to let her down, or let the work get behind, but I just need a break today. ...

Mental Disorder In Child
Jun 04, 2010

The patient is 17 and has a longstanding history of "s/l trigluterimania"...she is also anxious. any ideas? TIA ...

Mental Health Supplement Name
Jun 03, 2012

Patient was recently diagnosed with moderately advanced Alzheimer's dementia with no other dianoses known at this time.  He was brought into the facility with a list of meds.  He is on a mental health supplement that is dictated as "memory glow".  I am not finding it anywhere and doc sounded unsure when dictating it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Here is the list of meds: Calcium 600mg b.i.d. Furosemide 20mg every morning. Lipoflavonoid plus caplet ...

Umm... Why Dont These Mental Midgets Realize That
Mar 04, 2010

is the DICTATORS?!   THEY are the ones being sloppy and negligent, not the MT who is trying like hell to understand what on earth they're saying.   If hospitals had to pay a premium to get the dictation of their sloppy-guys transcribed, maybe they'd think twice about hiring them in the first place.  ...

Mental Health Insurance Coverage
Mar 10, 2014

If you would not mind sharing, I would please like to ask what type of insurance coverage you have for mental health, such as seeing a psychologist/therapist.  I live in Missouri and work in an office.  My son sees a therapist while away at school for depression and my insurance here will pay 80% - after a $650 deductible.  If you would not mind to share, I am interested in knowing if others have a similar insurance plan.  They say that mental health is not "healthcare," ...

The Patient Had An Ultrasound Of The Scrotum Which Showed Diffuse Mental Health Rigidity
Jul 02, 2010

Hahahaha. ...

Part-time Transcription Opportunity In Mental Health Clinic/Bronx, NY
Sep 25, 2013

Wednesdays and Thursdays only. Must have medical terminology, knowledge of ICD-V codes, fast typing, Spanish speaking very helpful. Send resume to Samantha G. at 212-481-9582. ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

Get Away From Dictator
Dec 28, 2009

Does anybody know how long a report stays in our specific work pool?  I've done a break on a report hoping to get rid of it.  But it keeps showing back up.  I'm trying to make up some sick time, but I just can't understand this garble and have already spent way too much time trying to decipher it.  I've been checking on and off for the last 30 minutes and it keeps showing back up.  Help!!!! ...

Ever Had A Dictator So Bad.......
Apr 25, 2011

you wanted to quit mid shift?????  Sigh.  I had one of those yesterday.  Everytime I see his name come up in my cue I cringe!!!!  He is horrible.  Horrible accent.  I did notice though after doing about 3 or 4 of his reports, my ears becames "trained" on him and I get better with him as time went by.  But still, he is one that just makes my momentum (sp) drop drastically!  Just venting!!!  Thanks for letting me share. ...

Please Somebody Tell This Dictator
Apr 04, 2012

that he does NOT have to say "next sentence" before every sentence.  I'm looking at 16+ minutes of this.....I'm just sayin! ...

Help!!!! Dictator Wants You To Cancel
Dec 03, 2009

What do you do if you are typing on a document for 780 seconds and the dictator at the very end tells you to cancel this and erase everything because she already dictated it?  In all my years I was lucky enough not to get this until now.  I was thinking about sending it in anyway because I just spent all this time on it!!!! ...

This ASR Dictator Is Killing Me!
Dec 06, 2009

This doctor says "ah" inbetween just about every other word.  So I'm spending all my time in the ASR taking out a bunch of "a's"!!! Wouldn't normally ah vent, but I've ah had her a lot ah today! ...

I Clearly Hear The Dictator Say
Jan 26, 2010

Coumadin 30 mg per day. Now, I want to make sure I'm not dreaming here, but that is completely incorrect, right? Maybe I'm having a brain lapse (been an MT for 20 years) but I want to make sure my thinking is correct that this dosage would probably be lethal? I'm going to leave a blank for the dosage, but I just wanted to double check with my MT friends.  I have listened to it many times, and she is positively saying "30 mg per day."   TIA!! ...

Help With Labs/ESL Dictator
Mar 01, 2010

This is what it sounds like. "His WBC 11.48, and his 12.4 and 37.0 PT/PTT were normal." It seems like "PT/PTT were normal." Should be a sentence on its own, but then I'm not sure what the 12.4 and 37.0 lab values would be for. Grr... Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

Dictator Speed
Mar 15, 2010

I am just curious as to what speed setting to most of you keep it on when doing ASR?  I try to keep mine between 8 and 9 unless it's an extremely slow dictator.  I would like to increase my line count, but I'm afraid if I  speed it up too much I might miss something. ...

I Can't Understand What The Dictator Is Saying
Apr 20, 2010

What do you do when you absolutely cannot understand what the dictator is saying and you work at home on your own.  Can you call the dictator?  Can you request to review the other medical records because chances are, the dictator is saying the same thing that appear on those records? ...

Jerk Dictator
Jun 14, 2010

ESL dictator with very thick accent states:  ...for antibiotic management.  NOT with antibiotic management.  Please learn to transcribe correctly.  Although it wasn't me who made the mistake, it was all I could do to not put in the QA note:  A female is SHE and male is HE and it is vomit not WOMIT, please learn to dictate correctly.  I so wish it was okay to put QA notes to the dictators. ...