A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MRI of the brain negative for visible acute infarction - Kathy

Posted: Aug 29, 2012

1,  MRI of the brain negative for visible acute infarction.  No "interphernal" hemorrhage, mass or mass affect.  IT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE INTERCRANIAL.   2.  The patient has a scattered abnormal "signal" on the periventricular and subcortical white matter.............   TIA

Could simply be "internal" hemorrhage - Athena

[ In Reply To ..]
and abnormal "signal" sounds correct. Hope that helps.

ty - Kathy

[ In Reply To ..]
ty

MRI - mik

[ In Reply To ..]
or intraparenchymal hemorrhage?

intraparenchymal - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

agree with intraparenchymal - 17+yearsMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

could be "interval", i.e., if comparing to a previous MRI - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

intracranial? - Morgan

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

A Wall * Washren* Abnormality Consistent With An Acute Myocardial Infarction. Thanks. Nm
May 14, 2010

nm ...

Brain MRI Showed Acute Infarct In Left S/l Sub Enjalur
Dec 23, 2009

MRI of the brain showed acute infarct in the left "sub injalur", basal ganglion, left frontal, and frontoparietal areas. ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

His Hips Have Symmetric Abduction. Galeazzi Is Negative. Provocative Exam (s/l V-CHIP) Is Negative
Dec 04, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Negative McMurray. Negative S/l Rosling Or Roswing
Feb 28, 2013

Negative McMurray.  Negative s/l Rosling or Roswing ...

Myocardial Infarction
Oct 28, 2009

doc plainly says: Patient has had 2 heart cardial infarctions. is that just slang for myocardial infarctions? Or do you just type what he says? ...

Visible Spaces
Mar 20, 2013

Okay, when did Nuance announce they were not paying for visible spaces in a report? I'm a former Transcend employee and heard this news today. Is this documented somewhere? If so, someone please tell me where. I'm dumbfounded. How low can this company get? ...

Demand-type Myocardial Infarction?
May 02, 2014

Patient has COPD, pericarditis, and emphysema. One of the dx listed s/l "demand type" myocardial infarction. This is for a cardiology followup note. TIA ...

VBC (visible Black Character)
Jan 02, 2010

When did this start to happen??  By my calculations, you stand to lose 20-30% of your income.  If you have to type a space, why wouldn't you expect to be paid for it???  For me, VBC stands for "victim by choice," which I refuse to be. ...

$0.05 Per 43 Visible Black Characters?
Mar 29, 2010

Exactly what does that end up being translated into a usual 65 character line with spaces?    I'm feeling like I need a math degree to figure out what I'm going to get paid lately.  ...

Visible Black Chacters
Mar 26, 2012

I am seeing some companies pay based on VBC but the line counts vary greatly.  Does anyone get paid this way and what is considered decent.  I have seen 5cpl for 43 character lines but have also seen 7 cpl for a 65 character line.  Help! ...

S/l Visible Smoking And Discharge
May 26, 2012

Dictator doing a progress note on a patient status post fem-pop bypass talking about the wound on his thigh. S/L a visible (or invisible) smoking and discharge from the medial aspect of the right thigh.... Does this make sense? ...

Subarticular Fracture Versus Fibrous S/l Infarction
Jun 22, 2010

Is it infarction? ...

Patient Had Micardial Infarction Found With Residual LAD, *daglinar* AC Stenosis. Thanks. Nm
Oct 24, 2011

nm ...

Stupid Ortho - Negative Spurling, Negative S/l "ver Meets"
Nov 13, 2009

thanks for any help! ...

The *flexiglade/flexiblade* Barrier Is Visible At The Dorsal Hand Area ....sm
Jul 05, 2011

status post undergoing application of external fixator and primary repair of his middle finger extensor tendon with placement of *flexiglade/flexiblade?* barrier for a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his hand.  The *plexiglade* barrier is visible at the dorsal hand area where there is a small open wound measuring 1 cm x 0.5 cm.  I sterilely prepped the wound area and debrided some of this *flexiglade* barrier material and loosely reapproximated the skin with 4-0 nylon suture.  &n ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

Negative Finkelstein's. Negative "CMC Gram." Not Sure On This, Anyone?? TIA!
Dec 02, 2014

nm ...

Acute Care - What Does Acute Care Consist Of?
Apr 08, 2010

I know this is a really stupid question but, what does acute care consist of?  What types of reports are acute care?  I understand that it is basically emergency type of care or short-term care, but exactly what types of reports would you be transcribing? TIA ...

Negative Board
Jan 01, 2010

This is a very negative board.  I see misery loves company.  If you hate your life and your job, what are you doing here?  Oh, maybe thats why you are here.  Nothing to do but P and Moan? MTStars?  Doesnt look like it.    This board needs more positive people. ...

Negative Posts
Jan 02, 2010

I honestly don't understand all the negative MTs on here.  It is very unprofessional to come on here and slam your company.  I have been an MT for over 10 years and have always made enough money and I'm proud of what I do and love the money I make, all while working from home.  I think most of these negative people are just people who aren't cut out for this profession and I wish they would realize that and go find something else to do.  Why would you put your ...

S/l Negative Ortolani
Jan 14, 2010

It is under the physical exam section for a 6 month old baby well child exam. thanks for any help! ...

Clotest Negative?
Mar 05, 2011

Second language English doctors will be the death of me.... Now labs:  "LFTs unremarkable except albumin at 2.3.  Total protein 5.9.  (s/l:) Clotest negative"   Thank you! ...

Where Are All The Negative Nellies Now?
Apr 05, 2013

Just wondering where all the people without work are at now, especially after the latest email. Funny how everyone complains about no work but many of the accounts are close to being out of TAT - of course, payday was a couple of days ago so the rush isn't on yet, right? ...

Another TTS Post...but This One Is Negative
Jun 30, 2014

Seriously. The account I'm on has apparently been having lots of critical errors, mostly number errors, lab values etc. So they sent out an email with an attached PDF with a crossword puzzle that we are required to do and turn in. WTF? Is this elementary school? And we are paid by the line. How do they plan to compensate us for our time doing the required crossword puzzle? I find it totally ridiculous.  I can't even bring myself to open the attachment to look at the crossword p ...

Brain CT
Dec 16, 2009

the doctor is talking about CT brain and says "Dr. _____ did find evidence of fat densities within the falks." I cannont find this work anywhere. Does anyone know what this word should be? ...

From MRI Of The Brain......
Feb 09, 2010

There is adjacent white matter edema and _______ effacement. This sounds like sukel?  ...

Need A Brain, Please
Jul 30, 2010

I found a brain cell!! ...

Brain Fog
Feb 10, 2011

Total brain fog this morning...  Doc says "+1 pitting edema of the ankles". Doc is from south africa if that helps.  Do I write it as +1 or 1+? TIA ...