A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Another TTS post...but this one is negative - crossword puzzle

Posted: Jun 30, 2014

Seriously. The account I'm on has apparently been having lots of critical errors, mostly number errors, lab values etc.

So they sent out an email with an attached PDF with a crossword puzzle that we are required to do and turn in. WTF? Is this elementary school?

And we are paid by the line. How do they plan to compensate us for our time doing the required crossword puzzle?

I find it totally ridiculous.  I can't even bring myself to open the attachment to look at the crossword puzzle. Totally ludicrous.

Anyone else on the same account know what I'm talking about?

Thanks for remining me! nm - bubba

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I know and as much as I like the company - am with you on this

[ In Reply To ..]
If you knew me you would know I am not a game player, do not play with the kids, would buy a kid if necessary if only had 1 so they would have someone to play their games with.

What got me about this puzzle was the fact no one says anything to the horrific dictators that do not give a crap how they dictate, mumble, 2 that I can think of that apparently have a speech deficit and cringe when I see their names. VR is not picking up the numbers as it did in the past, think this happened when VR "upgraded" and usually just throws into more issues then with the platform. You have a millimeter trocar and it leaves off the number in front, you have lab tests and the numbers like 15 or 50 is so you can hardly make them out. I am not a physician, not a nurse and I should not have to know what the norm is for any and all tests. I cannot remember them if I knew them. I do my best and if there is a number supposedly there or dictated I cannot make out you will have a blank. Am totally with you on this post.

Exactly. Bad accounts and micromanagement - like we are unruly children

[ In Reply To ..]
TTS is AWFUL and the management who puts out these stupid games knowing the account is bad is crazy, blaming the MT rather than dictators. Typical TTS.

What is happening here is gone are the days when you were - able to approach dictators and say

[ In Reply To ..]
your dictation really is not clear enough to be understood, something is wrong here, can you fill in this blank or blanks and the companies just cannot do this for fear of losing their contracts. I understand this but at the same time I hate to see something like this because do not feel should be entirely on our backs (which is how most MT jobs out there now) to try and fix what is wrong when we do not have good material to start with. I am not concerned about micromanagement, do not run into that myself with them.

Oh you are on my account too? - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this account considered one of the not so great ones? I have wondered that. Because I read posts from TTS people here who say they are making $15-18 an hour, and the best I can make on this account is $12.50 on a good day.
Give me the first letter of the account and I will - probably know from that
[ In Reply To ..]
I can go on my particular account but have done the same one for years now and I can certainly make what you say if not more.
Does it start with a P? LOL nm - Over the rainbow
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
No, it starts with an S. - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
If you didn't get the email telling you you had to do a crossword puzzle, then you aren't on the account we're talking about. Consider yourself lucky!
more than one account - newbutold
[ In Reply To ..]
Got the same thing but my account starts with a B so it must be more than one account. I actually did it but can't figure out how to get it back to them. I had to download in Adobe to be able to fill in the blanks but now can't seem to send it back as an attachment. I just want to be done with it
Oh thanks newbutold - I was wrong
[ In Reply To ..]
I just assumed it was only being done on my account. D'oh!

Anyone else on this thread on the one that begins with an S? And has 3 other letters? and the last one is also an S?
P account got the puzzle also. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]

I'm glad you're with me! - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
It just irritates me to no end.

Part of my irritation is, I have only been there almost 3 months and I have had exactly ZERO number errors on my audits. Don't get me wrong, I've had errors, but none have been number errors...no critical errors (knock on wood). If they insist on treating us like elementary school kids, why not just send this crossword puzzle to the number error offenders?

And I still wanna know why I should be required to do a crossword puzzle if I will not be compensated for my time.

Grr....

P.S. If you are on my account, we ought to be TTS friends. :D

I have never been told I have an error on the - numbers either

[ In Reply To ..]
and only the good Lord above knows how much I detest games, never do them and would rather have bamboo shoots under my fingernails as to do a crossword puzzle. I keep buying earphones trying my best to get the ones I think would help me most in hearing but not me, those dictators really suck sometimes.

Consider the crossword puzzle a time-out - for being a bad MT/child

[ In Reply To ..]
As always the boss lady/mom knows best. :(

Do any crossword puzzle punishment MTs have the nerve to ask boss lady how you will compensated for your time doing the crossword puzzle? I really think it is illegal to make a crossword mandatory without pay for your time.

Where are the cheerleaders now? Lol - Fed up w/tts

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think they can say anything about this one. The lady running this show really has poor leadership skills and it shows.

Cheerleader raising hand, still here - just do not care for the puzzle

[ In Reply To ..]
So you make a slight slip, think it has all of 12 entries, not much in the 24 hours of the day. Some are just common knowledge, visual acuity is ___/20. We are not talking an Estein puzzle here.

TTS-MT - Cordy

[ In Reply To ..]
What!!! I am supposed to have an interview with them today. I have read all posts. I am not going to do any puzzles. I just do not know about this company now. I know sometimes on e just has to take the leap. I have one this for 35 years and I have seen a lot.
I would certainly never take a job that you have to - fill out a 12 question puzzle
[ In Reply To ..]
That would sure turn me against a place to work....
But these are TTS MTs. The test is a punishment - for mistakes made on reports.
[ In Reply To ..]
How insulting is that to established TTS MTs?
Established and not insulted. What makes you - think it would be insulting?
[ In Reply To ..]
It is a little dinky test with questions a third grader should be able to answer. I am not insulted in the least, just don't like to do games. I don't consider it punishment either. This is something that might take 5 minutes and then gone.
Dinky little tests that a third grader could do - is an insult and a punishment
[ In Reply To ..]
I have never been asked to do dinky tests because of general mistakes on my accounts. My company treats us like adults and even though you are a TTS adult MT you are given a third grade dinky test as a punishment for mistakes made on the account.

Guess owner/manager doesn't think her MTs are up to speed to distribute dinky little third grader test. She's probably laughing her azz off as she backhands her MTs with dinky third grade test.
Maybe insulting to you because you want to stir - this pot, no issue here
[ In Reply To ..]
I would not say anything to my company about this because first of all know what I can make there, they leave me alone as far as emails, phone calls, what have you and so a little dinky test, ok with me. If you don't work there then no sweat off your brow anyway.
Stir what pot? I am using the poster's words - and OP poster started this, not me
[ In Reply To ..]
Without TTS posters comments, there would be no pot to stir. I am just questioning why TTS management passed out dinky little third-grade level test to adult MTs.

What is an Estein puzzle? - just curious.

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you getting paid to take the crossword test? Do you get fired if you refuse?
I am sure no one talked about getting paid - Fired, have no answer either
[ In Reply To ..]
Such a little simple thing that you could ace in probably less than 5 minutes. What is a normal temperature. Well, duh, do you know that? Normal eyesight, ____/20. Did you know that or would you have to look that up? 2 of the 12.
The principle behind it is ugly. I would refuse to do it - or ask to be paid.
[ In Reply To ..]
So if you can "ace it in 5 minutes" what is the point of the test?
Some apparently,not me and another person - here also not confronted
[ In Reply To ..]
for whatever reason having difficulty understanding, hearing the numbers when given like blood sugar is 98 (as maybe compared to 398). That is the test and apparently Nuance is either going to have or get same thing because their name is at the top of the test. If I do not hear a number 100% sure to my satisfaction I can blank. I can ace, maybe the ones not familiar with a temperature average might not. Who knows? I guess the company. I just do not like puzzles, card games, videos, nothing like that. Maybe people who play puzzles might enjoy, who knows?

Hmm. Nuance has this too - wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder which Lean management book they are all reading this out of. Give your employees a Game!! Just interesting how Nuance has a crossword puzzle too involving lab values, numbers, etc., although not mandatory yet...

The same numbers game because Nuance's - name at top - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

I work at Nuance and have never been given - mandatory crossword puzzle.

[ In Reply To ..]
Was it part of an Nuance MT week game which I didn't participate in. Nuance bought my company and I was automatically accepted with no testing necessary.

As I said in my original post - Not mandatory... nm

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Someone knew Nuance also had but this is not - prerequiste to hiring on

[ In Reply To ..]
This is a 12 question crossword puzzle because some apparently are having trouble hearing the numbers, that is all. A third grader could get these answers, some seem to be trying to make it more than it is. Probably take about 5 minutes to complete.

It amazes me after 19 years of plummeting wages ... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
How much we are expected to know. We know this stuff but how about paying us what we are worth instead of poverty wages and making us work in sweatshop conditions? I don't work for TTS but I'd use my crossword for toilet paper.

I work for TTS and hardly make poverty wages - but do not care for games

[ In Reply To ..]
Simple little numbers game, such as Roman numeral is listed and you put it out in numerical numbers, just stuff like that.

I got it too - barbiedollxz

[ In Reply To ..]
I am feeling the same way you are. You have to waste your printer ink to print the thing out too. It's a very small puzzle, but you have to read the other attachment to answer the crossword. Jeez, I do feel 12!

TTS BS - Insulted

[ In Reply To ..]
I was on the "S" account and got a crossword puzzle. I'm done with TTS now but others should be careful. The QA people on this account are shady. I can't prove it now, but I think they were trying to find any little thing to get rid of me, including hearing different lab values and saying I had them wrong, etc. I just can't believe that I'm that stupid or that deaf that I could've made the mistakes they said I did.

i agree- i think they QA reports and change the values to incorrect and then are wrong and the MTs g - been there done that

[ In Reply To ..]
I had the same thing happen to me. I would pass every audit with TTS but when it came to Nuance's QA, I failed. How can I pass one at 100% and then fail at 96.5 when QA is checking every report? I think eventually TTS is going to fail and get bought out..... Just a matter of time.

I got it too. Haven't opened yet. Kind of stupid though. - if you ask me.

[ In Reply To ..]
Glad I'm not alone here in thinking it was kind of a simple-minded thing to do. But I still love the company and the pay.

It does come with an informative 4-page handout to read. nm - bubba

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Every Negative Post About Nuance Is True!
May 08, 2015

I am happy to announce that I just got offered a position with a different transcription company and finally get to leave Nuance! For those of you struggling there, there are other opportunities out there. Hang in there and keep looking. As for Nuance, generally what people have been posting about them is true. They do not value their employees, their new compensation plan is a joke. It is true that while some of their employees are starving and on welfare because they are OOW on a daily basi ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

His Hips Have Symmetric Abduction. Galeazzi Is Negative. Provocative Exam (s/l V-CHIP) Is Negative
Dec 04, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Negative McMurray. Negative S/l Rosling Or Roswing
Feb 28, 2013

Negative McMurray.  Negative s/l Rosling or Roswing ...

Stupid Ortho - Negative Spurling, Negative S/l "ver Meets"
Nov 13, 2009

thanks for any help! ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

Negative Finkelstein's. Negative "CMC Gram." Not Sure On This, Anyone?? TIA!
Dec 02, 2014

nm ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

Negative Board
Jan 01, 2010

This is a very negative board.  I see misery loves company.  If you hate your life and your job, what are you doing here?  Oh, maybe thats why you are here.  Nothing to do but P and Moan? MTStars?  Doesnt look like it.    This board needs more positive people. ...

Negative Posts
Jan 02, 2010

I honestly don't understand all the negative MTs on here.  It is very unprofessional to come on here and slam your company.  I have been an MT for over 10 years and have always made enough money and I'm proud of what I do and love the money I make, all while working from home.  I think most of these negative people are just people who aren't cut out for this profession and I wish they would realize that and go find something else to do.  Why would you put your ...

S/l Negative Ortolani
Jan 14, 2010

It is under the physical exam section for a 6 month old baby well child exam. thanks for any help! ...

Clotest Negative?
Mar 05, 2011

Second language English doctors will be the death of me.... Now labs:  "LFTs unremarkable except albumin at 2.3.  Total protein 5.9.  (s/l:) Clotest negative"   Thank you! ...

Where Are All The Negative Nellies Now?
Apr 05, 2013

Just wondering where all the people without work are at now, especially after the latest email. Funny how everyone complains about no work but many of the accounts are close to being out of TAT - of course, payday was a couple of days ago so the rush isn't on yet, right? ...

Softscript - So Many Negative Posts
Oct 28, 2009

I see so many negative posts about SoftScript and I'm wondering what the problems are with this company. What are some other better companies to work for (full time) and why? Just curious.   ...

*Aveciosa* Titers Negative. Thanks. Nm
Nov 04, 2009

nm ...

S/L FLIP 1 L 1-PDGFR A Negative......sm
Dec 10, 2009

Hypereosinophilic syndrome/FLIP 1 L1-PDGFR A negative. ...

T1N0 I Negative M0 Grade 2 - How Would You Put This?
Feb 22, 2010

Should I put it like T1N0M0 I-negative grade 2? Thank you. ...

Which Messages Are Right? The Positive Or The Negative?
May 11, 2010

Let's say you have worked for a company and you're happy. You're probably going to post positive things. Let's say your co-worker got negative feedback from QA or even got fired. The messages that co-worker writes are going to be completely different from yours. Which messages are right? ...

Transcend-Seems To Be A Lot Of Negative Out There Recently. So Tell Me.....
Jun 19, 2011

Is there anyone out there that does like their job with Transcend and can you tell me why? i.e. flexibility, good account, decent money/benefits etc. Thanks. ...

Could Anyone Tell Me Anything Positive Or Negative About Medscribe?
Dec 08, 2010

Also, apparently there are 2 offices, one on Florida and one in NJ?  Are these the same company or do you have to apply separately? Any info you could share would be SO appreciated.  TIA  :) ...

Sperling's And S/l  Lermay Were Negative
Feb 02, 2011

Sperling's and s/l  Lermay were negative ...

Gram Negative Bacilli
May 04, 2011

When used within a sentence, should gram negative be hypenated?  Also should gram be capitalized?    Please help! ...

S/l BRECK-teen Negative - SM
Jun 27, 2012

Doctor dictates the patient formerly had heavy menstrual periods and that she is apparently (s/l "BRECK-teen") negative, but she has a positive family history of breast cancer in her mother.   Thank you very much for your help.  It's *most* appreciated! ...

Synernet - Anything Negative About This Company
Jan 02, 2013

Just wondered what the opinion is of anyone working at Synernet ? I Have not seen anything negative about this company.. only the positives! Very impressive.. didnt know if there is anyone here working there and what info you may have.. Thanks!!! ...

AssistMed Positive Or Negative?
Jul 16, 2013

anybody know anything about this company, positive or negative?  thanks. ...

Transfusion Extra? Negative
Jul 06, 2014

Dr. just dictated OBGYN history and then says transfusion s/l extra negative then goes on to dictate medications heading. What could that be and is it part of the OBGYN or is transfusion a new heading? Thanks! ...