A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone ever heard "fractures" being abbreviated to "fracts"? - Sheri

Posted: Sep 11, 2010

"DEXA - osteopenia - s/l frax major osteoporotic 8.  Hip fracture risk 2.2 - below threshold of treatment."

Thanks for any help!

Sorry, a little late I'm sure - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe a FRAX score? My geriatric dr. uses this a lot. It's the WHO fracture risk assessment tool.

Similar Messages:

S/l Cozin Fractures
Jun 19, 2011

s/l cozin fractrures.   "We reviewed cozin fractures today."  This is a fracture in a child, if that helps. I'm not having any luck finding this word.. ...

Abbreviated PND
Nov 26, 2011

Has anyone ever heard this term before?  I can't seem to verify if it is correct or not.   ...

L1-L2 Compression Fractures Or L1 And L2 Compresion Fracture
Jun 22, 2012

Is Pneumonia Ever Abbreviated As PNA?
Mar 15, 2011

It definitely sounds like she's saying PNA but we are not supposed to use abbreviations in diagnoses and according to the rest of the report, the patient has pneumonia. Or is this an abbreviation for a kind of pneumonia?   Any help would be appreciated.     ...

Medication Abbreviated As NTGN?
Mar 24, 2012

I have a new doc who is abbreviation happy and in the list of meds he just says "p.r.n. NTGN." I can't find anything with that abbreviation either in Drugs.com or in AcronymFinder.com and putting in p.r.n. NTGN into Google just gives me a list of teen p*rn sites!!!  Ack!!! I'm sending this to QA as I don't want to leave that abbreviation in the med list on a consult but I'm grateful for any ideas or suggestions.  ...

Abbreviating Words That Shouldn't Be Abbreviated?
Jun 18, 2011

How do you treat words that the physician abbreviates that shouldn't necessarily be abbreviated? For example, I'm transcribing for an ENT physician's assistant who routinely will abbreviate medications or conditions in her haste to speak quickly. In a dictation I'm working on now, the patient has "a perfed TM and is on Oflox. otic suspension" (the patient has a perforated TM and is on Ofloxacin otic suspension). I tend to remove the abbreviations and type out the full word ...

Mandibular Fractures - S/l IV Blair Islets Or IV Blare Islets/loops?
Aug 25, 2010

s ...

Anyone Heard Of This?
Oct 25, 2009

Okay, am I insane?  The MD is starting a SOAP note of someone having a physical exam to make sure she is safe before receiving sedation for an MRI.  The first sentence is: Patient is here for a pre-NSTA physical.    pre-NSTA???...has anyone heard of that before...done lots of research, but of course, the most hits I get are for the National Science Teachers Association...and I KNOW that is not it...ugh!  Little help please! ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of This ?
Nov 11, 2009

After all of these many, many, many, many (okay, you get the point) years of transcribing, my wrists don't hurt, my back doesn't hurt and my neck is still okay, but the one thing that has me really bothered is my heel !!!  It really bothers me lately and I have tried putting a small pillow, a thick piece of flannel and many other things under my heel to alleviate this bothersome pain, but to no avail.  Has anyone got any suggestions or is there some type of heel cup or someth ...

Have You Heard?
Nov 24, 2009

I have tested a few times before on mttest.com, a site that several MT companies use for testing potential MT's, and recently received this piece of information: In sections that require you to type in the correct answer, typing a "Capital" letter in the first letter of your answer constitutes a wrong answer. I don't know if this is accross the board but thought it good info to share. Maybe everyone already knew this, and I can't even remember if I did that on previous tests but i ...

Has Anyone Else Heard This? Sm
Dec 03, 2009

I just heard that the 2 largest MTSOs in the world are approaching virtually every large to medium-sized hospital and medical center in the country with an offer for 10 cpl for transcription.  I'm not even sure who the 2 largest are, but I'm pretty sure one of them is CBay and both are offshore companies to be able to offer that rate.  This is really concerning because this could lower the rates for U.S. MTs even MORE or could literally put all U.S. companies out of ...

Anybody Heard Of MD-IT?
Jan 27, 2010

I've seen them posting but can't find any info. Thanks. ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of This???
Feb 12, 2010

Getting fined for not making your line commitment??? ...

Every Heard Of An . . . .
Apr 16, 2010

acoustic neuroma in the FEET?  isn't that usually a Morton's neuroma?  any ideas?  thanking you in advance. ...

Never Heard Of It
Jun 10, 2010

My dictator is referring to something called a "Hospital Pack System" in which he is reviwing a patient's x-ray.  I've never heard of this, let alone have any idea how to spell it.  Can someone help? ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of
Jul 30, 2010

??? ...

Anyone Heard Of TNI?
Jul 31, 2010

I am looking through companies hiring new graduates, and I came across TNI.  I am getting ready right now to apply.  I researched right now and do not see any lawsuits against them or anything. When DIT offered me a job right after I completed my internship (which I did NOT take), I was excited.  Then my adviser told me not to take the job, so I didn't.  She put me with that company because she said it was a great company to intern for, not to work for.  I know I s ...

THis Is What I Heard
Sep 18, 2010

Does this make sense... it is what I heard!!   Patient has held conservative treatment.   Thanks ...

Anybody Heard Of SPi?
Nov 03, 2010

Any current information out there on SPi? ...

Has Anybody Heard Of?
Dec 27, 2010

Has anybody heard of FutureNet Group, Inc.?  Do you know anything about them? They have approached me about working with them and I am looking for any type of feedback available.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Heard Of????
Jan 11, 2011

Has anyone heard of TIFA (or TEFA) anesthesia used for PTA surgery? ...

Never Heard Of This One!
Feb 07, 2011

Dr. says: "has got a little tenderness down over the front of her shin that may be related to exscarlization of blood or bleeding from her incision that runs down along the front of her tibia that has made her periosteum sensitive".   The procedure was a unicompartment arthroplasty 2nd postop visit.  ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of TNI?
Aug 01, 2011

Wondering if anyone has ever heard of this company and your thoughts on them...thanks! ...

Has Anybody Heard From Their CCM
Aug 04, 2011

Just to vent, I fired off a note to my CCM the other day about how disgusted and sickened I was by VD's Q&A article in the Tennessean.  No response yet.  Anybody heard back from their CCM? ...

Anyone Heard Of CLM
Apr 10, 2012

nm ...

Has Anyone Else NOT Heard Anything About
Aug 23, 2012

"up" grading to DQS 7?  My CCM hasn't mentioned anything about it for months. I'm in no hurry.  This account was still on Windows 98 for 2 years while everybody else was on XP. ...

Have You Ever Heard This Before?
Sep 10, 2012

ED dictation.. Infant with fever. Dictator states "the patient was not MOUNTING a blood count" ? That definitely is what he is saying, but I've never heard anyone say that before.. ...

Heard Something That Could Be A
Sep 27, 2012

to escape from MT or supplement, that is patient advocate.  This piece on the radio said there were only a couple hundred or so in the US right now and need could be increasing rapidly.  At this time no licensing or even training required, but a lot of us have already taken on this role with sick relatives, parents, etc.  To me this sounds a lot more interesting than scribe, and could pay better too.  Thoughts?   The only thing is I would not know how to go about getting ...

Never Heard Of This S/l....help? Sm
Oct 15, 2012

Patient's past surgical history significant for a cholecystectomy, appendectomy, eye surgery, a s/l tubular fillaroma.  Any idea?  I'm stumped as it's pretty clear.   ...

Anyone Heard Of 24/7?
Feb 18, 2013

Has anyone heard of a company called 24/7?  Any information you can provide would be appreciated. ...