A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cannot find this word - D

Posted: Jul 28, 2011

The doctor has performed a biopsy, finding basal cell epithelioma. He found the lesion on the right sounds like "pena."  I can't find this word anywhere!

pinna (ear) ? nm. - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That makes sense. - D

[ In Reply To ..]
That is probably the right word, because if I'm not mistaken, basal cell most often occurs on areas of the face, right? Thanks!

basal cell sm. - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, basal cell CA isn't most often on the face - can happen anywhere since it's a skin cancer - arms, legs, etc. Have a good day :) Your word "pena" does s/l pinna, though.
basal cell - d
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, thanks for "setting me straight" on that. Somehow I read that incorrectly.

Similar Messages:

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Word Find
Sep 07, 2011

Dictator is referring to a "gala" on the patient's skull.  Also, a postop healing wound is referred to as a "size."  Any ideas?  Thanks for your help! ...

Can't Find This Word
Feb 02, 2012

he is talking about a list of complications and after a few, he says "a _______ s/l muriate or marriott of complications" I just can not find the word.  He is trying to say a whole lot of complications.  Any help greatly appreciated.  Of course just googling it brings up the marriott hotel.  TIA ...

Unable To Find The Word
May 27, 2010

Physical examination was significant only for a soft abdomen with bloody urethra zurnich. Is there a word as zurnich? I am unable to find the word. ...

Path Word Can't Find
Mar 16, 2014

Dr says swirled needle in "phydolite" of Fidolite ? Can't find anywhere & my company does not answer either. Thanks for your help. This is a breast lesion sent to path. ...

S/l Evaluding .. I Have Heard This Word, Just Cannot Find It
Nov 12, 2009

the brain on repeat and this does show an evaluding right cerebellar stroke ...

Dr. Says Inattentional , But Unable To Find Word..
Nov 18, 2009

I suspect that his problem may be inattentional. I wonder about the possibilities of both depression and hearing loss.   That word struck me as odd so I looked it up, and cannot find it, but I find inattention of course.  Just wondering how someone else would put that. ...

Is Ganglionous A Word? I Can't Find It. The Sentence Is...
Jan 04, 2011

This (cyst) appeared ganglionous in nature.  Or should I use ganglionic, ganglial, or gangliar? ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Biparesis? I Cannot Find This Word (sm)
Apr 29, 2011

any where and it is driving me nuts!.  This is a student dictating and she states "the patient has facial s/l biparesis." Thanks so much! ...

Help, I Can't Find A Word And I'm Taking A Test
Nov 15, 2011

I'm taking a test and I've come across a word I can't find.  It sounds like ramidamisus.  Thanks in advance.  Sunnee ...

Anyone Know Why This Text Is In MS Word Find And Replace Box
Dec 16, 2014

When I use Control + F and the Find and Replace box opens up, why is this text already in there? [0-9] {1,} ...

I Need MS Word Version 2010 And Can't Seem To Find It
Jan 21, 2015

can someone help me; for some reason I am having terrible time finding it, preferably download, but disc ok. Word 2003, 2007, or 2010 32 bit. ...

Can't Find Word Doctor Even Wrote It Out Pancreatobiliary Tract??? Ever Heard Of This??
Jun 04, 2010

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

Help Please!!!Changing Comma To Period, Capping Next Word....in Word
Nov 07, 2014

Is there a way in AutoCorrect (Word 2010) to change a comma to a period and then cap the next word to make VR go a little faster?  The platform at my old company did this automatically, but MS Word does not : ( This is so frustrating having to change from a comma to a period (or vice versa)--which as you all know happens constantly...and then change the next word to be capitalized (or uncapped)....my wrists are killing me, not to mention it takes so much TIME..... There HAS to be a better ...

Help, Please! Changing Comma To Period And Capping Next Word In MS Word....
Nov 08, 2014

Is it possible to do this in MS Word 2010?  I'm using AutoCorrect and there isn't a way to do it that I know of.  What do all of you doing VR do for the CONSTANT having to change a comma to a period and cap the next word easily?  Any suggestions would be SOOOOO very appreciated.  ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

Longest Medical Word, Or Any Word Apparently
Jun 04, 2010

Just thought it was interesting.     pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:   pneu⋅mo⋅no⋅ul⋅tra⋅mi⋅cro⋅scop⋅ic⋅sil⋅i⋅co⋅ vol⋅ca⋅no⋅co⋅ni⋅o⋅sis   // //  /ˈnumÉ™noʊˌÊŒltrəËŒmaɪkrəËŒskÉ’pɪkˈsɪlɪËŒkoÊŠvÉ’lËŒkeɪnoʊËŒkoÊŠniˈoÊŠsɪs, ˈnyu-/ Show Spelled Pronu ...

Fox Transcribe, Can Copy And Paste From Word To Word Pad?
Jun 25, 2012

Can anyone who works with Fox Transcribe tell me if you can copy and paste from word to word pad? Since word pad does not have spell check OR auto correct, I wondered about that. Thank you!  ...

Using Word Separate But Similtaneously With Word Client 8
Aug 01, 2012

I have just started working in Dictaphone Word Client.  I have Word 2003.  When I open the Word Client it takes my own Word "hostage" and I cannot use it for other things.  Is there a way to separate the two, so that I can still use my Word when I need to while still working in Word Client? ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

Need To Convert Word 2013 To Word 2010
May 20, 2014

The MTSO that has hired me needs me to have Office 2010 Professional, whereas I have Office 2013 Professional.  They said the only reason 2013 won't work is because of the Word version.  I remember sometime back that there was a way to set your Word version to a previous version with the push of a button.  I've searched the internet for clues, but all I see are instructions for converting 2007 to 2003.  Nothing about converting 2013 to 2010.  If I can't ge ...

WORD 2010 - Right Click On A Word For Search
Jul 09, 2014

This may be one of those, "well, everybody knows that," or not? In my system: When in Word 2010 if you right click on a word a drop down pops up and you can click on "look up" and it goes to the internet and looks up these words and gives info in a box on the right.  Very helpful. ...

Not Sure If This Is A Word Or A Slang Word A Doctor Is Using
Dec 15, 2009

I am doing a diction of and Gasto Operative report on a patient who is having a End colostmy and Hartmann pouch resection! The doctor keeps dictating the work "parin"  Example:   Take down colostomy with segmental sigmoid resection and low pelvic EA stabled rectosigmoid anastomosis parin 31 mm end parin.   I have referenced this in many ways and still come up with nothing... Does anyone have  a clue what this is or what it means Thank you ...

Anyone Work For Word For Word Transcription?
Mar 14, 2010

Just have to vent.  I have been filling out applications for days.  I know MTSOs can set any requirements they want, but you would think that if there is a very specific requirement that instantly disqualifies some Medical Transcriptionists, that would be right up there at the top, BEFORE they ask you to sign in and answer a bunch of questions (including providing reference names and attaching a resume).  I did all that, and THEN, I got the following message: "Thank you for your ...

Word For Word Transcription In Florida
Mar 15, 2010

Looking for recent information on this company.  Couldn't find anything recent in the archives and really not sure if the comments I did find were for this company or not since there are other companies with the same name.  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Word 2003 And Latest Word
Jan 11, 2012

Have a new computer with windows 7.  Haven't set it up yet.  Can I install word 2003 and also whatever the latest word is (2007?).  Should one be installed before the other?   My computer tech retired and haven't found a new one yet.  Thanks for any info.  ...

Word Expander Program For WORD
Jan 29, 2012

Can anyone recommend a word expander program that they have used.  I have been doing transcription work for a local doctor for a few years and finally have decided to purchase this as I use word expander in other work I do for a transcription company.  I do not want to spend a lot but want to be sure when I purchase something that is it the best out there.  Thanks!  ...