A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

HELP! What type of report is this? - seadog75

Posted: Dec 03, 2010

What type of report is this? Doctor doesn't dictate cleary what it is.

READ BELOW:

(Type of report? MRI SPINE??)

CLINICAL BRIEF: Low back pain, status post surgery ___. The lumbar vertebrae are normal in number and configuration. No recent bony injury is identified. Hypertrophic degenerative changes are noted throughout the entire lumbar spine. There is minimal disc space narrowing at L3-L4 and moderate disc space narrowing at L4-L5 and L5-S1. There is calcification in the wall of the distal abdominal aorta which appears to be minimally dilated.

IMPRESSION: Mild degenerative disc disease at L3-L4 and moderate degenerative disc disease at L4-L5 and L5-S1."

I would guess a back x-ray--not detailed enough for - MRI. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Reply to NM - seadog75

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks NM.I guess I will leave a blank for the doctor to figure out. Thanks again.

leave it for doc to figure out? - radtrans

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a lumbosacral spine x-ray. The doc won't need to figure it out. If you take the time to read through the report the doc is referring to different levels of the lumbar spine. No terminology is used that would indicate it is a MRI or CT. I know is it frustrating but sometimes it helps just to sit back and read what the doc has dictated and all of the sudden it is clear as a bell. JMHO but you don't want to be leaving studies for the doc to figure out what they are. A word you cannot understand/question is one thing, but saying you will just let the doc figure it out...all it is going to take is getting the doc on a bad day, or the grumpy doc and he/she will go screaming to the powers that be. Just take your time and try to relax and read the report and alot of times the answers are right there in the report. Often times I will have a word I am stuck on and just can't understand, when I get to the impression the doc gives the same sentence/verbage again and it is clear the 2nd time, which allows you to go back up and fix that blank you could not understand.

What kind of report - Pat46

[ In Reply To ..]
Looks like a lumbar spine x-ray to me.

Similar Messages:

Type Of Report????
Aug 22, 2011

I saw a job ad stating the work would be mainly ED.  Does anyone know what that is?  I have never heard of ED reports.  Thanks for any help. ...

Report Type
Dec 18, 2014

Can someone please  tell me why I am only getting operations to do for MM-- I know they are behind, but this is is ridiculous -- only OPs???  ...

How Do You Type Your Initials On A Report?
May 30, 2012

I have always typed my initials with the doctor then me as ABC/def.  That is the way I was taught when I got my MA degree and have always seen it as that until I started working for this office.  They type it ABC:def or ABC;def.  Nothing is consistent and seems like everyone does whatever they feel like.  Also, when typing a note for a PA and CRNP I always put their initials and then the initials of the doctor and then mine such as ABC/DEF/ghi and I have not seen one report t ...

Type Of Sheath- Operative Report
Nov 21, 2012

7-French "dilock" sheath ...

Have A Myringotomy And Tympanostomy Tube Insertion Report Where Dictator Uses A Type Of Ventilation
Jun 21, 2011

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...

Type 2 Or Type II Diabetes
Nov 20, 2009

Which is the correct way to type...type 2 or type II diabetes? tia. ...

Anyone Type For Silent Type?
Aug 10, 2010

Wondering if anyone out there has any feedback about working for Silent Type?  I have done the test and have been told I will interview in two weeks when the position becomes available... I think there is a mandatory 2 day training in NJ?  Anyone done this and survived?  How's the pay?  I was considering going to work for MedQuist because they are taking over one of my current IC accounts but after reading in the MedQuist section I think I'll skip that one.  Th ...

VR Pay Per Report
Nov 26, 2009

I interview with a company and they pay per report for VR.  I haven't heard anyone talking that.  They pay 60 to 70 cents per report.  Is this good?  Feedback is appreciated.  Thanks guys!! ...

OR Report
Dec 10, 2009

Left injection with a (s/l arististan) and lidocaine. ...

I Am In SA5. Who Does My CCM Report To? Nm
Dec 15, 2009

EP Report
Jan 31, 2010

Review of her s/l EP report.  She did have a dual-chamber Medtronic Versa DR generator placed.  Anyone know what an EP report stands for?  ...

Report Look Up
Mar 11, 2010

My employee DEP number would never work.  Supervisor gave me a number (?) to use.  Now it says it has been "disabled" and to "contact system administrator."  Another winner MQ. ...

Why Not Report Them To The FTC?
Jul 14, 2010

Here's the link below.   Report their business practices: 1.  Failing to provide work for current employees while advertising for MORE employees. 2.  Failing to communicate. 3.  Making impossible standards for you to make your requirements and keep your hours without any work and forcing you to use your PTO. 4.  Management failing and outright refusing to respond to you. 5.  Squeezing your pay and benefit rates down in a consistent manner.   ht ...

Pay For Rad Report
Sep 09, 2010

Is $1.10 per rad report the going rate?  I have no idea at all whether this is decent pay.  Anyone know? ...

Op Report Help
Dec 11, 2010

The cephalic vein was identified and the ____ then developed distally to the deltoid attachment to the humerus.  (s/l "center")  Is that correct?? Also, Patient tolerated the procedure well and returned to _____ in satisfactory condition. (s/l "her room") Is that correct?? New at op reports so struggling a little. Thanks for the help. ...

The Use Of A Or An In A Report.
Dec 24, 2010

Can anyone state the rule for proper usage of a or an?  I know you use "a" when the noun you are referring to begins with a consonant and use "an" when the noun you are referring to begins with a vowel.  However, is there a rule that applies to usage of a or an when it pertains to the below?  This is an 84-year-old female, who has a history of dementia - OR This is a 84-year-old female, who has a history of dementia.  Thanks, bfp ...

MRI Report
Jan 25, 2011

(Patient with history of brain tumor.)  There are postsurgical changes with S/L some goliosis or subgoliosus  noted involving the caudal aspect of the anterior right temporal lobe extending from the right aspect of the suprasellar cistern. Thank you in advance... ...

This Report Needs An F11
Jun 11, 2011

This report badly needs to be wiped out and let me transcribe it from scratch.  Out of 3 lines ASR got 3 words correct - The, and, not - and it is over 600 seconds long.  Calgon, take me away, waaaay far awaaaaa!  C'mon lottery ticket.  Be nice to me tonight! ...

First Report Of The Day...
Aug 24, 2011

D:  bile duct stent placement of 7 French 7 cm. Is this typed correctly?  ...

ER Report
Oct 22, 2011

Overdose patient presents on a s/l PEER or PIER?? I think it is an abbreviation but cannot verify anywhere. Anyone have an idea? ...

Wow, Just QAd An ILP Report Where The ILP
Nov 29, 2011

Specifically: colour, odour, and fibre.  I guess we'll have to get used to reading that in our own hospital records when we have to start looking for errors that these ILPs are putting in. ...

I Got A Bad QA Report.
Jan 27, 2012

The company I work for is not real strict on QA but they do check it monthly.  I had usually gotten 99%, but the last time it was 97%.  They sent me a letter saying I needed to watch myself or there will be penalties and that my work will be closely monitored through December.  It is almost the end of January and I haven't heard anything else from them.    I have been under a lot of stress at home.  My husband is saying he wants a divo ...

H&P Report Help
Mar 26, 2012

Patient was given aspirin (___) vital signs on the floor were 90.4 farienheit, 101, 18, 122/69, 97% on room air.   Can someone help me make sense of this sentence? Thanks. ...

Pay Per IME Report
Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone know what a fair price per an IME report would be, say if it was maybe 3 pages in length?  Is it better to charge per page than by report? ...