A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fibrotibias joint space narrowing... - Sheri

Posted: Sep 20, 2010

"X-rays.  Hands - OA, osteopenia.  Knees - s/l fibrotibias joint space narrowing.  Left knee - mild tricompartmental degenerative changes."  I thought maybe she was just mispronouncing fibulotibial, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't overlooking something else.  Thanks!

I would go with femorotibial nm - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Or possibly "fibrous tibial joint space narrowing?" nm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

She definitely says 'tibias'... - Sheri

[ In Reply To ..]
The first word s/l fibro, but there is a possibility it could be something else.

Similar Messages:

Joint Line Vs. Jointline/joint Space Vs. Jointspace...
Sep 16, 2014

I've seen these (and used these) words both ways interchangeably and my boss has never said anything, but I was wondering which was correct... or if these are the type of words that can go either way depending on how they are used in the sentence.   I appreciate any help/views you all have.  I've seen it both ways online and in my old textbooks.   Thanks! ...

Nuroforaminal Narrowing Or Neural Foraminal Narrowing
Apr 15, 2010

MRI san .......showing multilevel degenerative disc changes and moderate to severe bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing. TIA. ...

Basal Joint Versus Basilar Joint
Jul 16, 2012

Are they both the same thing? I've had doctors dictate both and was curious if they meant anything different than thumb CMC? Thank you :-) ...

Pea Brain Resident, Telling Me Comma, Space, Space,
Feb 15, 2011

Really, shouldn't he be more concerned about the content of the report rather than telling me where to put periods and commas and spaces.  You know I just never would have figured that one out without him! ...

Help, Double Space But I Want Single Space
Jul 08, 2014

I am transcribing in MS Office Word and using Medrite XL.  I hit enter and it automatically double spaces.  Don't know why that started but I need single space.  What do I do? ...

Cusiform Narrowing?
Jan 30, 2013

Can anyone verify this? It seems like it should be cruciform narrowing. However, it clearly s/l q-si-form. Q as in cue. No "r" sound. MRI demonstrated "cusiform" narrowing of the distal common bile duct. Thanks! ...

Is Neuroforaminal Narrowing A Real Word? TIA!
Oct 16, 2009

x   ...

How Do You Type ... Lumbosacral Spine Shows Narrowing Of The L4 5 5 S1
Nov 20, 2009

an x-ray of the lumbosacral spine shows narrowing of the L4 5 5 S1 spine on the anteroposterior view. tia. ...

Doc Says Patellofemoral And (s/l) "vital" Compartment Narrowing Right Knee Consistent With
Jan 20, 2010

nm ...

MIP Joint?
Oct 22, 2009

The doctor is saying MIP joint referring to the hand.  I have heard of MCP joint but not MIP.  Any input?  ...

SI Joint
Sep 02, 2010

"Check x-rays of the hands and the SI joints.  The patient had a limited Schober's, but it is unclear if it was related to the discectomy procedure or an inflammatory arthropathy.  The SI joint 's/l thumbserckets' a lower part of his lumbar spine, and it can be assessed for possible syndesmophytes."  I'm at a loss as to what that word or words could be. ...

TMP Joint
Feb 10, 2011

He presented with right prepatellar bursitis and also left index finger septic arthritis.  He was seen by orthopedic surgeon who did incision and drainage of both right prepatellar bursa and left first s/l TMP joint. ...

Tibiotalar Joint ?
Jun 01, 2010

Review of x-rays revealed calcaneal spur.  Mild and degenerative changes in the talonavicular and tibiotalar joint areas. I see "tibiotalar" in my word list, but not in the medical dictionary. He clearly says it.  Thanks     ...

Joint Numbering
Jul 22, 2010

The right hand demonstrates MCP swelling with marked limitation of motion 2-5. Is this correct or is it II-V? ...

Scaphoradial Joint?
Mar 15, 2011

Is scaphoradial a word?  Should it be scaphoid radial joint?  Unable to pin down.  Help please.  Thanks. ...

S/l Subcon Joint
Aug 22, 2012

He says, "After identifying the deltopectoral interval, the "subcon" joint and subdeltoid space were identified."  I can't think and don't find anything starting that way in Stedman's Ortho - actually he says "subcon" and I need to spell it out.   thank you. ...

Is There A Space Between The Q. And The A.m. In Q.a.m.
Dec 16, 2009

nm.  I am new to MQ but all my 30 years, I have never seen q. a.m.  Is this in the BOS? ...

A (space) LOT
Jun 19, 2014

Maybe I am hoping and praying to get banned, but ALOT is NOT a word. Why oh why do I see it repeatedly on these boards? I understand that internet "speech" is relaxed but I just can't stand it. Moderators - feel free to ban me and put me out of my misery - please and thank you:) ...

Shogarts Joint In Foot
Feb 26, 2010

I have looked everywhere and am stumped.  Anyone ever heard of Shogarts joint?  The sentence is -   His foot is nontender through Shogart's joint.   Any help greatly appreciated.  Ty ...

S/l Ageefacee Joint Arthritis
May 05, 2011

Doc says: "Patient has some s/l ageefacee joint arthritis." In googling I found "age facet joint arthritis" but I have no idea if this is right. Can this be right? Who pronounces "age" as "agee"?? I also thought "facet" was pronounced as "fah-SET." This doc is not ESL. He is usually clear as a bell. Does anyone know what "ageefacee" might be? Or is this guy yanking my chain?? (Yes, I'm paranoid <g>) ...

Balar (?) Joint Of The Wrist
Jul 07, 2011

The patient has a painful wrist and the doc says what sounds like "balar" joint.  I've never heard of it and looked up joints and bones and just cannot find this.  Sentence is:  She is tender along the _____ joint on the left wrist. ...

How Would You Transcribe Joint Mobed
Dec 06, 2011

I do not believe mobed is a proper word.  The sentence reads - He wanted to be joint mobed today.  It sounds weird, but I just don't know if there is a proper way to put that. ...

Joint Hand Screw
Apr 21, 2012

Looking if this is correct:  1.3 x 9 mm "AMI joint hand screw" or "AMIO hand screw" for a metacarpophalangeal joint fracture. ...

When To Joint AHIMA And AAPC?
Jun 28, 2012

I am currently in Andrews and wonder when would be a good time to join these organizations? I checked out AHIMA and their student designation is only for approved schools, and since Andrews is not, I would have to pay the full price of $165 before taking the CCS exam. The exam itself costs 299 for members and 399 for nonmembers. For AAPC, their student membership costs 70 and does not seem to be tied to "approved schools." I'm just a low-paid MT and wondering if I should spring for thes ...

S/l MTP Joint Pain With Shucking?
Nov 25, 2012

Anyone know what this test is and how to spell? ...

Joint Commission Has No Idea There Are Still
Aug 02, 2013

What the heck are these MTSO companies telling them??  Joint Commission is only aware of a product such as Dragon or voice recognition products and only know the front end and the back end of the products, but have no idea of that there are medical transcriptionists EDITING THE REPORTS???  https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o11asGi2zuc#at=16 This is Debbie on Facebook, PROUD TO BE A MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTONIST who has been fighting for MTs.  She spoke to the ...

Joint Commission Petition For MT
Nov 26, 2013

Hi! I just signed the petition "Joint Commission: Petition the Joint Commission to develop medical transcription and documentation standards." on Change.org. It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link: http://www.change.org/petitions/joint-commission-petition-the-joint-commission-to-develop-medical-transcription-and-documentation-standards?share_id=mbSfJURsfk&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition Thanks! Wendy ...

Sacroiliac Joint Questions
Jul 28, 2014

I'm working on a spinal surgeon's description of his findings on a patient's x-ray.  It sounds like he is saying, "A/P view of the pelvis shows no (s/l) hypo- or hyper- sacroiliac joint pathology of concern." I have never heard those two words put together before and I'm not sure what he means.  This is also a doctor who uses "dermatomal" consistently like it's a real word, so he may have made up another new word for himself.  Either way, I appreciate any ...

Space And Time?
Jan 13, 2010

She has now has lesions in space and time and therefore does has multiple sclerosis. ...

Navasi Space
Jun 05, 2010

Shoulder surgery:  In order to shuttle the sutures for this procedure we did place a spinal needle through _____ space superiorly.    Sounds like Navasi ...