A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

During chemotherapy a Port-A-Cath used for multiple ? - mt

Posted: Feb 03, 2011

The word sounds like theficants.   The sentence is - We discussed the importance of a Port-A-Cath if she were to proceed with chemotherapy since the regimen contains multiple ____.

S/l theficant, thuficant, deficants.  Found toxicants, but doesn't sound like that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

mt

Possibly multiple mechanisms?? nm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

That's a great try, but unfortunately not . Hearing an "ef" in the middle - and "cants" at the end - Thanks for the suggestio

[ In Reply To ..]
They will have to get a blank in that one. Thanks for the suggestion.

surfactants? -

[ In Reply To ..]

Vesicants? - RNMT

[ In Reply To ..]
How about vesicants?

dessicants - - they dry you out

[ In Reply To ..]

agree with vesicants - .

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

BRD Chemotherapy For Multiple Myeloma?
Apr 18, 2011

The patient has relapsed multiple myeloma.  The doc is saying the goal is to start her on s/l BRD with the hope of getting her to an excellent remission.  TIA. ...

Pal Port Another Name For Port-A-Cath?
Jan 25, 2010

I am doing an OP note.  The surgeon says the name of the surgery is a "Pal port."  In the description he says Port-A-Cath.  Never heard of a Pal port.  Is this right? ...

Port-A-Cath
Jan 12, 2012

Okay, so I am used to using Port-A-Cath, but how do you all type it.  I have seen in many different ways (portacath, port-A-cath, etc.)? ...

How To Type A "port A Cath" Was Placed.
Aug 10, 2010

:) ...

HELP From Cardiac Cath Pros! JL4 Cath Through Right Femoral Artery?
Jan 18, 2010

She is dictating:  A #4.0 Judkins left catheter was now advanced through the right femoral artery sheath.  This was advanced through the ostium of the left coronary artery.  Shouldnt this be left? ...

S/l Hissan Port Or Husan Port
Nov 10, 2009

tia ...

FEC-TH Chemotherapy?
Mar 04, 2012

I know FEC-T chemotherapy but the H on the end of there has me stumped.  Anyone heard of this? ...

S/L At-laut-in-ib Chemotherapy, ESL, Sm
Oct 14, 2009

He opted to proceed with treatment including weekly gemcitobene and S/L at-laut-in-ib, ESL ...

Chemotherapy With *oxyplat* And 5 FU. Thanks. Nm
Jan 10, 2010

nm ...

Chemotherapy Question
Jan 27, 2011

Anybody ever hear of anything that sounds like "fierce" chemo? ...

Intrathecal Chemotherapy
Apr 26, 2011

s/l "rebulan" intrathecal chemotherapy for metastatic leptomeningeal disease. ...

Kantazar Chemotherapy ?
May 19, 2011

Thanks very much! ...

Chemotherapy Drug Name
Jun 26, 2015

Has anyone heard of a drug for multiple myeloma that sounds like "Palmolist?" Thanks! ...

S/l Ralecion? - Chemotherapy Drug
Dec 06, 2009

I believe he is talking about a chemotherapy drug. Heavy ESL and I can't find any chemotherapy drugs that start with an R that sound like this so I may be mistaken on the first letter but it sounds like, "3 sessions of ralecion therapy" ...

Pt With Pancreatic Cancer, On S/l Gem Cap Chemotherapy.
Feb 22, 2011

:) ...

S/l RE PAW Chemotherapy For B-cell Lymphoma
Mar 21, 2014

nm ...

Port
May 22, 2010

He has a s/l neuro knee port on the left leg.   ...

Port Of Na-va-see-A (that Is What Is S/l)
Jan 27, 2011

port of na-va-see-A...this word was dicated in a shoulder surgery op report.  I cannot find it anywhere.  Please help! ...

Oncology...Kampass Chemotherapy? See Message Please
Apr 25, 2011

The patient has relapsing T-cell PLL and the doc is saying:  We would also attempt to begin s/l Campass this week once the PET scan has been completed.  TIA ...

S/l Full Fury Avastin Chemotherapy
Apr 07, 2012

any help would be appreciated..    "colon cancer on (s/l) full fury Avastin chemotherapy."   Thanks :) ...

511 Laparoscopic Port
Jan 29, 2010

511 port 5/11 port 5.11 port not sure which laparoscopic port ...

Inner Dime Port
May 10, 2011

bilateral lower quadrant ___ s/l inner dime/dyme ports were placed. Thanks for any help ...

Port-a-catheter
Jun 29, 2014

I have a radiologist saying port-a-catheter.  I have only ever used Port-A-Cath.  Can port-a-catheter be a generic term? ...

Sounds Like Pal Port?
Dec 21, 2014

Sounds like doctor is saying ''pal'' port for chemotherapy? Thanks for any help. ...

Surgery - Port
May 11, 2015

s/l abdominal "metal" port. Infected abdominal ____ port and removal of the abdominal ____ port. Thanks in advance. ...

Multiple Emails
Jan 15, 2015

We seem to be getting more and more emails charting our progress, charting our errors, charting how much time we are idle.  You name it, these people are chart crazy.  I think they like the multiple colors.   I am worn out from it all.    If they spent half the time actually building us up with positives instead of negatives all the time, maybe, just maybe it would help our production.  ...

Multiple Physicians, Same Name?
Apr 03, 2015

I'm training with Nuance. CC goes to a doc, there is a choice of 2 to choose from, same city, both GP's. I can't find anything in the pdf manual about how to pend this. I asked and was told by TM to find it in the manual. I can't. Anyone know? Thx for any help. ...

S/l 12-mm Versi-stent Port
May 12, 2010

s/l 12-mm Versi-stent port was placed ...

Removal Of Subclavian Port
Aug 19, 2010

Hey All! I'm typing a report for a removal of a left subclavian subcutaneous tunneled venous access device and reservoir. The doctor reports the following as the findings: Intact left subclavian (___) and port.  It s/l he is says "singulum."  Does anyone have an idea of what it could be? Thank you so much. ...

S/l Powell Port Catheter
Jun 20, 2011

Postop chest x-ray showed mild pulmonary edema and interval placement of a right powell port(?) catheter. ...