A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Removal of subclavian port - cap

Posted: Aug 19, 2010

Hey All!

I'm typing a report for a removal of a left subclavian subcutaneous tunneled venous access device and reservoir.

The doctor reports the following as the findings:

Intact left subclavian (___) and port.  It s/l he is says "singulum." 

Does anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Thank you so much.

single-lumen port - maybe? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Yes!!! - cap

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much! That is it!

silastic diaphragm? - poi

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

S/l Hissan Port Or Husan Port
Nov 10, 2009

tia ...

Pal Port Another Name For Port-A-Cath?
Jan 25, 2010

I am doing an OP note.  The surgeon says the name of the surgery is a "Pal port."  In the description he says Port-A-Cath.  Never heard of a Pal port.  Is this right? ...

Ear Wax Removal S/l Amationese
Aug 13, 2011

Patient is having ear wax impaction removed.  Dr. uses something that s/l amationese but cannot find anything close.  Please help!  Thanks! ...

Removal Of Initials
Jun 12, 2013

Has anyone ever had QA (as IC or employee) remove your initials and put their own?  I have never encountered this and wonder if I am overreacting, but it makes me uneasy.  Thoughts? ...

S/l Styme And Pin Removal
Mar 02, 2015

"Left shoulder styme and pin removal." ...

Wart Removal Medication
Nov 29, 2009

Hi all, Is anyone familiar with a wart removal medication called, what sounds like "anichlomod or enichlomod."  I cannot find anything! :(   ...

Ganglion Cyst Removal -again
Jun 30, 2010

Risks including (s/l) an unlimited of bleeding, infection, scarring, etc. It seems to say either unlimited or nonlimited.  Neither of which make sense to me. ...

Ganglion Cyst Removal
Jun 30, 2010

After the procedure - The wound was clean and dry. Xeroform and dry sterile dressings were applied. (s/l) Gauze, Kling and ace bandage was then applied as a hand dressing. Why would they use guaze and Kling together? Can this be correct? ...

Left Eye S/l Teragon Removal
Jun 11, 2010

patient has past history of a left eye s/l teragon removal.  ...

Takahasi In Pituiary Removal
Aug 09, 2010

Takahashi it sounds like part of ENT in surgery ...

Nasal Polyp Removal
Dec 08, 2011

First time I've heard this one!  Of course don't get this doc often so here we go.  He's removing a nasal polyp and he says: Using the 3:16 s/l microgurbator at the polypoid tissue was 3:18 s/l microgerbated down to the level of the middle meatus.  The 3:16 & 3:18 are for my contractor to listen to if I can't find "microgerbator" Thanks in advance.  Tammie ...

Clamp Used In Skin Tag Removal. Sm
May 12, 2012

I can hear the "k" at the beginning  (I think I can hear the "y" at the end) and s/l straight Kelly clamp The skin tag is on the neck.  They apparently use this clamp in plastic surgery procedures but not sure if there's another type that would be more fitting for a simple skin tag removal.  Thanks! ...

Debris From Wart Removal
Jun 03, 2014

The elucme ?  is evacuated with a wall unit.  Referring to removal of wart. ...

Subclavian "Steal"/ "Steele" Syndrome
Mar 03, 2010

x ...

Renal Cyst Removal...s/l Cysticordication
Nov 03, 2009

NM ...

2 Terms In A Craniotomy With Removal Of Hematoma??
Aug 29, 2011

New ones on me: _______with intraoperative Doppler S/L incination or encination - guess it could be uncination but does not s/l that at all   Recurrent arteries of ______were identified bilaterally and then working through the frontal gyrus.... S/L huminer   Just curious - anyone know? ...

Port
May 22, 2010

He has a s/l neuro knee port on the left leg.   ...

Port Of Na-va-see-A (that Is What Is S/l)
Jan 27, 2011

port of na-va-see-A...this word was dicated in a shoulder surgery op report.  I cannot find it anywhere.  Please help! ...

Pt Is S/p ORIF Right Distal Radius With Removal Of Hardware
Nov 12, 2014

and left carpal tunnel release. She is asking for Cad-i-mean cream. Thanks ...

S/L Sebo Flurine Anesthesia. Dr. Dictating Silicone Oil Removal. TIA
Nov 03, 2009

n, ...

Two Drain Tubes Put Into Thoracic Cavity After Removal Of Teratoma
Mar 01, 2011

I have a foreign doctor who descibes two chest tubes put in, one with the tip showing under the left, the right thoracic cavity (s/l) sustaining its own. Anyone have an idea? ...

511 Laparoscopic Port
Jan 29, 2010

511 port 5/11 port 5.11 port not sure which laparoscopic port ...

Inner Dime Port
May 10, 2011

bilateral lower quadrant ___ s/l inner dime/dyme ports were placed. Thanks for any help ...

Port-A-Cath
Jan 12, 2012

Okay, so I am used to using Port-A-Cath, but how do you all type it.  I have seen in many different ways (portacath, port-A-cath, etc.)? ...

Port-a-catheter
Jun 29, 2014

I have a radiologist saying port-a-catheter.  I have only ever used Port-A-Cath.  Can port-a-catheter be a generic term? ...

Sounds Like Pal Port?
Dec 21, 2014

Sounds like doctor is saying ''pal'' port for chemotherapy? Thanks for any help. ...

Surgery - Port
May 11, 2015

s/l abdominal "metal" port. Infected abdominal ____ port and removal of the abdominal ____ port. Thanks in advance. ...

S/l 12-mm Versi-stent Port
May 12, 2010

s/l 12-mm Versi-stent port was placed ...

S/l Powell Port Catheter
Jun 20, 2011

Postop chest x-ray showed mild pulmonary edema and interval placement of a right powell port(?) catheter. ...

Dictated As Suprailiac Port
May 02, 2014

Two 8-mm robotic trocars were placed in the lateral port, a 5-mm trocar on the right suprailiac port. (not able to document suprailiac port). ...