A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

birth weight or birthweight? 1 or 2 words? - Kiki

Posted: Jun 09, 2010

I've seen it both ways.  Are both ways correct?  TIA

well... - Trying to help

[ In Reply To ..]
I checked with the merriam-webster dictionary and it doesn't recognize birthweight nor is it in my OB/GYN word book. So....I would type it with 2 separate words and I can't find reference to birthweight.

HTH

Similar Messages:

Is It Weightbear Or Weight Bear Or Weight-bear?
Feb 16, 2010

nm ...

Child Birth
Jan 12, 2013

Hi. "Frontal vaginal delivery" Simple, duh, I have brain freeze. Can someone help. Thanks. ...

Q.E.D. Wants My Birth Date
Jul 14, 2013

I started the application for Q.E.D. Transcription and saw that the initial section requires a birth date. It won't stop me from applying, but isn't that a form of discrimination? I wish the MTSOs would at least provide a secure site when they require personal information such as physical address and phone. ...

Discrepancy On Birth Date
Mar 18, 2011

I'm new at this, so please don't rail me. The doc says she's an 87-year-old woman, but dictates her birth date as 2003. What do you do in cases like this? ...

Name Of Birth Control Pills?
Sep 22, 2011

Sounds like Prosidia or Lucidia? Cell phone dictation, which is completely warped. The patient has dysmenorrhea and anemia from heavy menses and is going in for a supracervical hysterectomy (this is a preoperative HP), so I would really appreciate the help. Just installed new hard drive, and Stedman's loaded my software incorrectly, so it is uninstalled for now. Way past the birth control pills age. Thanks! ...

Birth Control Pill?
Dec 05, 2011

A female patient is in for symptoms of vaginitis, STD check as well as needing birth control...anybody ever heard of "Librelle?"  Dictated..."She can go with the "Librelle" as she wants, 3 months at a time and metronidazole.....blah, blah, blah...."  I can't seem to verify it anywhere. Thanks for the help! ...

Anyone Have A Website For A Cheatsheet Year Of Birth=age?
Feb 06, 2013

I cannot find the website where I printed it out last year. TIA. ...

Can A Twin Gestation Have Different Birth Dates A Couple Weeks Apart
Feb 19, 2011

Both twins are the same gestational age in weeks and days, but on one twin he gives the EDD of 15 days later than the other twin.  Is that possible or do you think he made a mistake in EDD dates? ...

Baby Weight
Sep 02, 2010

doing labor and delivery, on prior report QA changed 9 lbs to 9lbs, which is correct or should pounds be spelled out?  I was taught 9 lbs 15 oz but not sure if that is correct now? ...

Weight Bear
Oct 12, 2010

Is it weight bear or weightbear - one or two words?  My spell check says two words by QA says one.  What I found on my own that it actually should be bear weight.  Now I'm really confused.  TIA for any opinions. ...

Weight Is 124 And 3/4 Pounds
Jun 01, 2011

I don't get this whole weight thing. There are 16 ounces in a pound. How do you transcribe 124 and 3/4 pounds? When the doc said 212 and a half pounds, I put 212.8 lbs because there are 16 ounces in a pound and half of that would be 8 ounces, but it was changed to 212.5 lbs, which to me says 212 pounds 5 ounces. So, how would you type 124 and 3/4 pounds? TIA! ...

Weight Gain
Feb 26, 2013

Doctor is talking about 14-year-old patient who is gaining weight, then says, "patient's family looked like they are (s/l nonforithan people). She has no signs of Cushings and blood work was normal. He is referring her to a dietitian. Any ideas on "nonforithan" people would be greatly appreciated. ...

Dispatcia??? Weight Loss
Aug 16, 2010

Please help....sounds like 'dispatcia' weight loss.  Clinical date for an US Abdominal Complete.  Thank You! ...

Concumbant Weight Loss??
Aug 30, 2010

He did have an incombutant/concubant/intontubant/?? 5 to 10 pund weight loss over the past 1 to 2 weeks. ...

Felitional Weight Loss?
Feb 24, 2011

The patient had a (Sounds like "felitoinal" ) 42 pound weight loss.    TIA! ...

2-pound Weight Loss Or .....
Oct 01, 2011

He has had a 2-pound weight loss. 2-pound, two-pound, two pound.... or something else?   Thanks!   ...

Weight Bear Or Weightbear
Nov 03, 2011

weight bear - two words or one (weightbear)  ? Rule of thumb, I always type it as two, weight bear, but one if weightbearing. Anyone know if this is correct? Please and thanks! ...

MD Just Gave Weight In Kilometers. Not Kidding.
Nov 24, 2010

Does Nuance Pay A Portion Of A Weight Loss Program?
Oct 19, 2014

x ...

Self-reported Height And Weight WERE 5 Feet 5 Inches And 125 Pounds
Apr 18, 2014

1)  Self-reported height and weight WERE 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds OR 2)  Self-reported height and weight WAS 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds. The doc always dictates #2.   ...

Pt Has Been Taking S/l Bontrel Or Montrel Or Monitrel Therapy For Weight Loss (a Pill).
May 14, 2010

Monitrel ...

"State Certified" Birth Certificate
Apr 25, 2015

I took some pre-employment documents to a notary yesterday.  The birth certificate, issued by the hospital where I was born 62 years ago, I was told would not do for ID because it was not "state certified".  In order to get a state certified birth certificate, you have to have the notary certify they have seen my birth certificate, then the state issues one they call "certified".  This makes absolutely no sense to me and only delays employment.  Anyone else had this experienc ...

? On Words
Oct 16, 2009

I am wondering on clean void urine culture, do I need to put a slash in between clean and void? Then when I have to write grade II, do I capitalize the word Grade? I have this sentence I am trying to get too. Conization was repeated and showed benign e_____ cervical p_______? The words start with them but I can not find anything, the last word sounds like polarization? If anybody has a isea, that will help. Here is another on too, The pateint was _____ and fever resolved? It sounds like defe ...

Need Two Words Please
Oct 19, 2009

This is a Op Note for a AAA surgery . ..    1.  . . we used the glide catheter to exchange the Terumo wires to the s/l "lun-di-cris" wires.   2.  We were able to pass a 16 sheath on the right and had to bare back the left limb using an s/l "An-u-rex" 16 x 115 mm contralateral limb.   ...

I Am So Sorry But I Have 2 Words...
Oct 20, 2009

does not have a history of migraines, tics, or 'paramyoconus' no varus or valgus angulation of the 'os calculus' ...

Need Help With 2 More Words
Dec 10, 2009

s/l rim plassage-type procedure (for Hill-Sachs lesion) s/l Hill-Sachs lesion on his ray vast in MRI findings   "Ray vast" and "rim plassage" are the words that I can't figure out. My orthbook hasn't arrives yet so I'm struggling to figure out what these words are. Any help you can offer is much appreciated. ...

Words Help Please
Jan 04, 2010

CHEST: There is exclusive _____ coronary discomfort withmyofascial trigger point and two infrascapular point.The first word for the first blank it sound like pulseso. If you can help. I want to say thanks in advance. I have slow her voice downand I am still unable to figure what she is saying. Oh, I guess that the reasonI do not know what she is saying is because she have an accent. Love andpeace. ...

ENT Words
Apr 30, 2010

I have a word I just can't get.  context is:  bilateral inferior turbinates were very large all the way back to the s/l culinae?  no clue, please help.  thanks. ...

What Are These Words!
May 27, 2010

Patient denies any melena changing bowel habits. Medicature(???- no clue what that would be) hematemesis. Patient denies any syncope, vertigo, hemiparesis or parastitious( ????-no such word found, but I am hearing that way) except for the feeling of numbness in his feet. Please help! ...

What Are The 2 Words?
Jun 03, 2010

Complete blood count (CBC) which revealed white blood count of 12,400 with 45 poly's, 12 fans (not able to make out the word), 32 lymphs, 5 monos and 6 atypical lymphs. Stool cultures were negative. The Rotosan (unable to make out the word) was still pending at this time. Please help. ...