A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just got let go! I was laid off. Got the call tonight. - Maverick

Posted: Jul 23, 2013

Yep!  I was told it had nothing to do with my work, line counts, etc.  Just they are making cuts. 

Been here for decades. 

Laid off - Jen

[ In Reply To ..]
This is terrible but I guess I can't say that I'm surprised at the way it was handled. All the holidays that were ruined sitting and waiting for work when I could have been with family.

Sent you email Jen! - Maverick

[ In Reply To ..]
-

Didn't this company get about 150 some MTs - from Philippines?

[ In Reply To ..]
To do the work? Wonder how many MTs got hit this round. It seems another batch will happen probably this fall.

When they put a hold on tier testing, I figured the - hammer was about to fall.

[ In Reply To ..]
Then the Phillipines news a few days ago.

It seems pretty apparent at this point they are whittling down the US work force. I suspected the MMEs may be all that is left when they tried to get everyone eligible to test for it a few months ago (even waiving the 6 month waiting period for new hires).

Oh, when my CSM called, there was someone - else on the line listening.

[ In Reply To ..]
The call was not aggressive and actually very pleasant and then you can hear the line click loud and clear. It was obvious someone was listening on the line. My CSM told me it was definitely the company's loss. Umm, I already knew that.

really! well here we go again then - layoffs

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure yours won't be the only one! This board should be busy today! So sorry for you though!

And they are purging the rest of us by QA-ing us to death and firing..nm - Bye all

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Just curious about the layoffs - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you in the group of workers that the company legally will be forced to supply medical benefits to?

NO - Jen

[ In Reply To ..]
No

I will probably be let go because of QA. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I am now being told that having one space instead of two spaces after a period is considered a major mistake. This new account I am on totally sucks. I have always had good scores but this new account is just awful.

Are you the one attending school? - Maverick

[ In Reply To ..]
Or maybe it was someone else? :)
Yes - mom2huskies
[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot wait to get out of MT. :)

I expect my turn will come soon, maybe - this week

[ In Reply To ..]
I am supposed to have 28 hours by this time of the week, but have only had 11 hours of work.

That is how my paychecks were, but then - Maverick

[ In Reply To ..]
My checks were hit and miss like that for 4 years. :) You should not worry and why worry when it does nothing but cause stress and anxiety and nothing has happened. Just do the best you can.

Question about your layoff . . . - W

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just curious what region you were in.

Sorry about your news.

CRAP! - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
Mav, you have been here for ages! Did they give any reason? I am sorry to hear this. I know you are an outstanding MT, and it is truly their loss.

Can you believe it? After what we been through? - Maverick

[ In Reply To ..]
It is seriously a blessing. I'm relieved. I will send you an email soon. Does not matter what tier you are or what you make or what hours you do. I think they are looking to get rid of the ones who make not much of a line count, especially if you run out of work. If you run out, you better work any hours you can do to get the work. Kinda like being greedy like how the higher ups are so greedy.

I made an average of $14 an hour, and my PTO was $13.25 an hour. I worked part time. Hours were weekends and during the week starting around 7pm. I was at 100% QA which was outstanding, and better be after 26 yrs of experience.

I ran out of work consistently for 4 months. Then was I moved to another group because the current group was overstaffed. My lines per hour dropped considerably because of new account, new manager, etc. Then the work started drying up. Instead of trying to work whenever I could to get a line count, I just said screw it.

My CSM stated we were overstaffed and that is when MModal laid off MTs in our group. CSM could not find anything negative or why I was selected. I did everything correctly and could not ask for a more model MT. I have an awesome recommendation from my manager. I was surprised I was not laid off the last group because work was drying up. All I can say is that it was a God thing. I am very glad I am DONE with this company and being an MT. No more working holidays and sitting around waiting to see if there is work to do (when there is not on the holidays) while missing out on family adventures because of no jobs available. Yep, I am not stressed anymore. Although, I feel like I am supposed to check to see if there is work since I have worked evenings for 26 years or feel like I need to rush home to get on and work and make crappy pay. Yep, it is definitely a God thing. :)

At least you and I know we tried to prevent C-Bay from buying us. We did everything we could as we both knew it will never be the same once C-Bay has their hands on us. I cannot believe I actually fought with an Indian on line years ago. Remember the icon with the Indian and the hatchet? Yep, those were the good ole days. :)

I emailed you already - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
I was shocked to hear! If only we could have made that union thing work all those years ago,we may not have been in the pickle we are now. I have known you for so many years, I know what a wonderful MT you are, I just can't believe it! I sent you a link, as you know I have been keeping tabs on the offshore activity for many years, let me know what you think. Keep in touch my old friend.
Will do. You should look me up on Facebook. - Maverick
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for everything Dinosaur. We did make a good team and we did the best we could to prevent outsourcing. :)
I will. - Dinosaur
[ In Reply To ..]
See you on FB
Just emailed you! :) - You are the best dear friend!
[ In Reply To ..]
:) I will still be around!
I'd like to find you on facebook too - also let go. capt. morgan
[ In Reply To ..]
Can you send me your link?
I am very sorry! - Maverick
[ In Reply To ..]
There were many let go ! You are not alone. Email me. :) Did you get your final paycheck by UPS? Mine was just under $6 bucks after 26 years. Pstt... What a FOUL I was to stay in this field for this long thinking it was going to get better and kept having hope. Now that I am let go, it will get better. I needed a kick in the pants to do something about it. LOL.

I am sorry to hear what happened to you - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
However I believe you will find something better. This company is not worth the stress.

Thank you! - Maverick

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel so RELIEVED! No stress. As for my husband, he is ticked at this company. He said it has to be the most greedy, beyond horrible sweatshop job he has ever seen since we both have been through it all with this company since 1988. He is going around telling everyone he knows and strangers standing in line at the grocery store, etc. He works for the government.

Layoff - Country Girl

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like the exact same script that was read to me. I will definitely need to find something to replace the income, but I will not miss that company (or my TSM) one iota!

I am very sorry. Same script was read to my friend. - Maverick

[ In Reply To ..]
Back in April.

Lay off - Ellen

[ In Reply To ..]
sent you an email, Maverick.

Similar Messages:

Laid-off Webmedx MTs, Did They Call You?
Feb 03, 2011

I note that in the last week there have been many new MTs come on board at Webmedx. They are being hired for new accounts. I'm wondering of Webmedx kept their word by calling those they laid off and asking them to come back. If you were laid off, did you get a call? (I know, whether you'd consider going back is another question entirely) ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

Doing 168 Lph Tonight
Nov 21, 2009

I am doing 168 lph tonight. It is a good night ...

I'm Just Not Getting It Tonight! :) Thanks For Any Help!
Dec 25, 2009

exam for evaluation of scoliosis Adams Forward Bend Test:  On upper thoracic, lower thoracic, and lumbar are less than 5 degrees of tilt at all levels.  She has normal s/l "sagginal" balance.  No s/l "ka feolay" spots.  She has no neurofibroma.   thanks. ...

Tonight The MM ASR Is Particularly Bad!
Dec 26, 2013

And they wonder why my count is not up to par??!! I told my QAM that my production depends almost entirely on the quality of the ASR (of which there is none!). I am also so sick of the fact ASR will not output "the patient" and will only output patient. And, I know if I don't add in every single little "the" or "a", I will be dinged and shredded. It still can't get "HEENT:" correct anymore. Along with the fact they haven't fixed the ADT question mark problem they caused over ...

OT Tonight
Jan 22, 2015

Ask me to work OT and then the system is not working.  REALLY? ...

Must Be Getting Audited Tonight.
Apr 16, 2010

Multiple picky dings for punctation which I disagree with.   Stuff marked as critical which is not.  I want to say something not so nice, but I'll hold my tongue.  Oh well, let me go so I can get unemployment. ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Tonight, Or Is It Just Me?
Nov 04, 2010

xx ...

And One Last Request Tonight
Dec 16, 2010

s/l.....Position in the "byruck" region is intact.  Byruck?  I've spent an hour looking up this word.  Again, much thanks. ...

No Work On TT Tonight
Feb 01, 2011

Hi Everyone:)  Is anyone else having trouble getting work tonight?  I am on 3 accounts, and all I have gotten since this afternoon is 3 jobs.  My main account has no work and my 2 secondary accounts have no work, and they told me that they give first pick of the jobs to the girls who work primarily on my 2 secondary accounts.  I have the other secondary accounts in case I run out of work, so what good is it to have those?  Sorry, just need to let it all out.  Thanks ...

Doc Apologized Tonight
Dec 23, 2011

for spelling words for me.  "Oh, I forgot I don't have to spell for you.  That's only for the company in India that does work for the other hospital I go to."   He has no accent, spoke a little quickly but certainly not bad and was basically a good dictator.  WAKE UP to those in charge of outsourcing!     ...

Out Of Work Tonight
Mar 16, 2012

here we go again.  incentive this weekend.  no work on regular shift, yet when going in and looking at job stats, there are plenty of jobs in my area I could be doing, with no one assigned, but they're not coming over for me to do.  think they're only assigning so many a day to each MT or cherry picking...ridiculous. ...

ASR Bull Tonight
Dec 15, 2013

ASR has gone slap crazy tonight.   Just had a female dictator who has been on ASR for a while, usually very good reports.  11 minutes of one big ole solid paragraph, took 45 minutes to strighten the mess out.  How in the world can we make money if we only do 1-2 reports every hour.  This is just insane, every ASR so far into this shift has been problematic.   ...

TTS Interview Tonight
Apr 02, 2014

It looks to me like a 50:50 blend of pros and cons regarding TTS on MT Stars Company board.  I'm a glass-half-full type gal, so looking forward to interviewing tonight.  Before I do, I'd love to know opinions on eScription vs. Dictaphone platforms.  I've used eScription in the past and hated it, due to being constantly badgered about using the mouse.  I refuse to give up my mouse.  Some people are faster with the mouse, others with keystrokes.  Wonder ...

Anyone Else Get An E Mail Tonight
Jul 08, 2014

Out of the clear blue, got an e mail saying welcome to your new team. The reason you are here is sad but it will be great in the end?  Huh, WTH?  Any one else get this e mail or am I the "sad reason"?  ...

I Can Hardly Believe How Low My Count Is Tonight.
May 15, 2015

All due to a night of crummy audio and resultant massive editing necessary. Lots and lots of blanks tonight. I'm sure I will hear about the bad count and/or number of blanks later. But, ask me if I really care. ...

Is Tonight System Maintenance? Can't Get In.
Oct 24, 2010

I seem to have lost the list of system maintenance dates. ...

Dear MQ/Cbay ILP Who I QA'd Tonight
Apr 23, 2011

If you can't hear parts of the dictation, leave a QA marker.  It looks really bad when the client is on 100% for ILPs and all you did was copy and paste an old progress note with a few changes to the impression and plan.  Seriously?!  Did you listen to any of the dictation?  Cuz it didn't come close to matching up. Sure, the dictator was difficult and hard to hear, but I could hear enough to know that what the ILP typed didn't even come close to what was said, ...

Mind-numbing ESL Tonight
Apr 25, 2011

I remember reading recently on here about monotonous female ESL dictators. Well I have one right now and it sounds like she has placed her lips directly onto the receiver to speak. This is so frustrating! I'm about to tear my hair out. My shift can't end soon enough tonight. I am so burnt out from this job, just scraping by isn't getting it with my family anymore. And yes, I have been looking elsewhere but there's just nothing. My son wants to take his girlfriend to the ...

A 2-hour Shift Tonight, Then I Am GONE...
Dec 16, 2011

Ahh, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Just hope I am not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.  :/ ...

Help!!! ESL Dictator Killing Me Tonight
Feb 23, 2012

Ortho report...referral for a BKA on a patient with multiple and significant "comprabilities"? He even goes so far as to use Comprabilities as a heading before listing the patient's medical issues. Paragraph beginning is as follows.. "Mr. X, who was referred here at the request of Dr. Y for evaluation of below-the-knee amputation of the right leg. The patient has multiple major ________ including end stage renal disease status post renal transplant, peripheral arterial disease status post ...

Fluency Is Slow For Me Tonight
Nov 20, 2013

Taking forever for jobs to download! ...

Did You Hear On The News Tonight About The
Feb 05, 2015

medical records on millions of patients?  They think the hack was from China.  (And to think some MTSOs are/were considering sending work there!)  They were saying that they got SS numbers, credit card numbers, and all sorts of personal information that would make it easy for identity theft to occur.  They also said that on the black market, medical records bring far more money per record than credit card numbers.  They even said during the report that this wasn't a ...

Oh Brother! My Whole Family Is Mad At Me For Working Tonight.
Dec 24, 2009

My husband has had it with this company and slave job and making half the pay.  He wants to go to church tonight and wants us to have time with family and play games and watch movies tonight, BUT I HAVE TO WORK TONIGHT AND TOMORROW MORNING!  Back to back.  Frankly, IT SUCKS BIG TIME!  Doctors and nurses have fun.  They get to talk to people when they work on holidays and give gifts to each other and listen to Christmas music and socialize while working.  Me?  I ...

I Hope Corporate Is Visited Tonight By
Dec 24, 2010

Past, Present and Future and sees exactly what will happen to their rotten, sold-to-the-devil souls. ...

HEADS UP! DQS Down For A Short Time Tonight!
Jun 01, 2011

Just got the e-mail that DQS is going down at 9:00 p.m. EST tonight for about 20 minutes. Don't lose your work!! ...

I'm Just Happy Enough With Life Tonight To Wonder This Out Loud....
Jan 27, 2012

If I read along regularly and reply only sporadically, who the heck is following my posts enough to stalk me?  Really?  ...

Anyone Receive Their Direct Deposit Tonight?
Dec 28, 2012

Mine usually hits tonight (Thursday night) and I have not received it. ...

Getting All New Things Tonight..blocked And Digital Block.
Nov 09, 2009

does this make sense?   The foot was cleaned and prepped in the usual sterile fashion.  The second toe was *blocked using a Marcaine and lidocaine mix in a digital block.* tia. ...