A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l "slow muffler" on abdominal tenderness to deep palpation - mom2boys

Posted: Sep 02, 2011

This is on a patient who has diverticulitis

no masses or abdominal tenderness? - jld

[ In Reply To ..]
Even though it's not grammatically correct (singular verb with plural subject), sometimes they say (very quickly) "There's no..." instead of "There are no..."--and so fast that at the beginning all you here is the S sound at the end of "There's..." so put that with the O sound of "no" and that might be your "slow." Then F's often sound like S's and vice versa, so combine that with the word "or" somewhere in there, and I could see how "masses" could sound like "mufflers," too.

Other than that, some words you might listen for in that part of the exam are splenomegaly, hepatomegaly or combined hepatosplenomegaly. I just thought the masses for mufflers fit better.

Again, I would correct "There's no masses or abdominal tenderness to deep palpation." to "There are no masses or abdominal tenderness to deep palpation."

Hope that helps some--and not too late.

please give the preceding sentence - ...

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Slow Unbuffler Quanitative Abdominal Tenderness To Deep Palpation
Nov 06, 2011

I am transcribing a physical exam of a diverticulitis patient that sounds like, "Slow unbuffler quantative abdominal tenderness to deep palpation". ...

Tenderness To Palpation In The Right Anterior Medial Chest Wall. Is It Anteromedial Or As Typed? T
Mar 27, 2011

xx ...

S/l Drop Palpation
Feb 08, 2010

With regards to the right hip, it is also evaluated showing no swelling or deformity.  There is significant tenderness to s/l drop palpation over the greater trochanter.   tia. ...

Grammar - Inspection And Palpation WAS Unremarkable
Jan 07, 2012

Inspection and palpation WAS unremarkable OR Inspection and palpation WERE unremarkable.   ...

With Deep Sympathy And
Nov 05, 2012

I got out of MT about 9 months ago, but I continued to read this forum to keep in touch with any possible changes in the MT world that might indicate I should try to get back in (while I was job-hunting fruitlessly during that time).  Without being able to find a new job for so long, I was worried about whether I had made the right choice or not by declining the M*Modal job when they took over my former MTSO.   Now, this weekend, as I read the posts of terminations and chronic NJA, I ...

Abdomen Nontender To Deep
Mar 21, 2012

palpations <s/l on the floor> ?  Does it sound right or does anyone have any idea what he might be saying? Thanks for any help. ...

Generous Deep Tendon Reflexes?
Aug 24, 2010

Full sentence is "concerned about the possibility of compressive cervical myelopathy in the presence of generous (?) deep tendon reflexes and in the face of polyneuropathy seen on EMG." ...

Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Euthyroid?
Dec 13, 2010

Is this a real phrase? it is very clear. ...

CBA Or CVA Tenderness
Aug 09, 2010

Under abdomen, I hear "there is no CBA tenderness"  I cannot tell if it is CVA or CBA tenderness.  I have a feeling it is CVA, but I am not quite sure what this atands for. ...

CVA Tenderness
Aug 01, 2011

in physical examination, does CVA tenderness go under abdomen or back.  TIA ...

Minimal To No Tenderness
Nov 18, 2009

This doctor loves these complex phrases, and there are a few I am not sure about.  Do these need hyphens?  Is there a good place to reference this, as this is not in my Stedman's Word books that I can find.   Thanks. minimal to no tenderness superior to inferior fracture 1 pack per day smoker ...

There Is No Tenderness Or Rigidity
May 27, 2010

ABDOMEN:  There is no tenderness or rigidity. OR ABDOMEN:  There are no tenderness or rigidity. I got an error today for typing IS instead of ARE.  Are does not even sound right when speaking the sentence.  Just curious if I am wrong. ...

No Cass Tenderness?
Jul 12, 2010

Pedal pulses present. No "cass" tenderness? ...

Perispinal Tenderness
Oct 27, 2011

Google keeps redirecting me to paraspinal and I can't find any information about perispinal; however, this doctor clearly says perispinal tenderness. "Perispinal" in my Stedman's speller, but I'm not sure if there is a "perispinal tenderness" because I cannot find any valid sources. Is perispinal tenderness the right word? ...

Strength 505 Throughout Deep Tendon Reflexes Are Very Hard To Illicit
Mar 24, 2010

EXTREMITIES – right upper extremity full range of motion.  [Strength 505 throughout deep tendon reflexes are very hard to illicit]  The part in brackets im not sure about... can someone tell if I have written this correctly? ...

Ear Exam - No S/l Pinna Or Pa-rin-gal Tenderness
May 22, 2010

Any ideas?  s/l pinna or pa-rin-gal tenderness in either ear. ...

Perithoracic Or Parathoracic Tenderness
Mar 16, 2011

Doctor states, "There was generalized parathoracic and paralumbar tenderness."  I can verify paralumbar, but I have been unable to verify parathoracic.  I did find perithoracic.  Is parathoracic a word?  ...

Upon Insertion Of S/L Otus?? There Is Tenderness In The External Canal Of The Ear
Nov 07, 2009

NM ...

Prostate Without S/l Dystrophy, Nodularity, Tenderness, Or S/l Vom U Lence
Jun 09, 2010

Prostate exam:  Moderately large prostate without s/l dystrophy, nodularity, tenderness, or s/l vomulence.  when he says what s/l dystrophy, the audio is a little fuzzy and I'm not sure.  The end of the word definitely sounds like *a fee ...

Review Of Systems - No Pain To Fist Palpation Over The _____ _____ Or Spinous Process
Jan 08, 2013

BACK: No pain to fist palpation over the _____ _____ or spinous process On this one it sounds like he is saying "costal fistulae"??? Any thoughts? ...

No Pain In Her Calf. No S/l Corde' (cord-ay) On Palpation Through The Calf.
Aug 24, 2012

S/l "synoferous" In The Context Of Deep Set Eyes, Esotropia...TIA .... NM - Prabbu
Nov 14, 2012

.. ...

Abdominal Help
Dec 07, 2009

The peritoneum was dissected from the underside of the rectus muscle and further down into the space of s/l "rescue." Suggestions?   ...

Abdominal Ct
Sep 27, 2010

It s/l red pleural but could be one word together.  Does this make sense? "Abdominal CT only demonstrated a large calcium red pleural collection again consistent with her history of tuberculosis."   Thanks! ...

S/l "lidocation" Of Deep Skin Mass
Nov 17, 2009

Doctor dictates 3 times under PROCEDURES what sounds like "Lidocation of deep skin mass." It's not "lidocation." Any thoughts? I'm just losing my mind here.  Aaarrrgghhhh   ...

S/l "impulse" Deep In The Right Inguinal Canal.
Jan 29, 2011

This is on the physical exam of a patient who complains of pain in his groin area.  The doc says "I can feel just a questionable s/l impulse deep in the right inguinal canal, none on the left."  He says this pretty clear, but i have never heard this before, so i just wanted to make sure that i am hearing him correct.   ...

Abdominal 'thrust' Sm
Nov 17, 2009

Cannot be thrust as it does not apply.  Nothing else said about abdomen. ...

Abdominal Asphia?
May 14, 2010

This sentence is under the abdominal exam section..."...no lipoatrophy or subcutaneous hemorrhage. Abdominal (s/l asphia) not present nor with obvious organomegaly..." I have no idea what this word could be.  Please help! ...

Abdominal Ultrasound
Aug 01, 2010

Multiple gray-scale and color flow images of the __________ were performed The __________ appears slightly prominent with a length of approximately 2 cm.  Sounds like she is saying "pillars".  HUH???? ...

Abdominal Pannus
Oct 12, 2010

Sounds like "flaps retracted in a coadapt fashion." Any such phrase? ...